Vamp Insurance

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Azzer, the insurance/injury gains from converts is still wrong, you said it would be fixed by now but it still isn't, though I do understand you've said a few times the bug requires a re-write of a lot of the core injury and insurance code rather than a simple fix as you first hoped - but please can you try and get on this as soon as possible though, it has affected me badly a number of times and definitely needs prioritising :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Turnip2k

Harvester
[middle] 1,361,171 hostile Nanobot proved resistance was futile to 241,257 allied staff.

Died: 241,257 [£12,062,850,000] friendlies dead.

You gained 2,895 effectiveness.

Same for nanobots. Zero conversions (since they shot at machines), but no insurance. Wha?

On a side note, this bug is one of the only things that makes the vamp route worth playing. They cannot attack SO's too well anymore - 50% less damage from SA is still a kick up the arse in most cases (unless you are hitting at 30-40% or somthing). They need to fire before SA's, or get a little bit or armour with a possible price increace.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
if bugs are one of the only reasons to play a route, the route itself is broken.

Matthew

BANNED
I don't think it was originally a bug :p

Then you are not smart and in fact do not think do you IamButtNugget?

In all seriousness its taken far far far far far too long. This should have been fixed before you starting fixing the **** that wasn't broke.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
but the other stuff made people interested in this round! look at all the people that signed up... oh wait that was for age 2.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Technically it wasn't a "Bug" per se, as bribing was not supposed to give injuries, and conversions was just a blue print of bribing in the start it seems.

But the implications is rather troublesome, and with vamps now fireing all three ticks they are much stronger. (Earlier you could completely massacre any vamp-player with a stupid route-set up on the mid tick.)

But is this really -THE- most important bug that needs fixing?

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Unless I'm mistaken Vampires still only do ** armour damage, how can heavily armed routes suffer that badly? Roos at least tend to smash through vamps like butter, so the bounty should cover what is lost in insurance I would think? And strikers having a hard time could just chose a robo or SA to kill instead?

I mean, if you deliberately choose to attack Vamps, and run into problems I don't really see the problem, I would think SA-players who gets attacked by vamps have greater reason to complain...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Yes, because battles only ever occur when robos are attacking vamps, not when robos are defending AGAINST vamps...

And SAs get insurance from vamps because the bug only affects machines/robos, so they have nothing to complain about.

Think things through, please.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Well robots > vamps regardless whether it is defense or attack, given that Vamps has a low AD...

And I was unaware that the bug just affected machines. I just though the class of the victim affected whether any lessers was raised, I believe that was how it was several roudns ago, which was the last time I played Vamps.

Im not saying it shouldn't be fixed, but I rank it more as an inconvenience rather than a crippeling bug. :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Well robots > vamps regardless whether it is defense or attack, given that Vamps has a low AD...

And if a robo is defending against a vamp who is 4 or 5 times his size? Those injuries would be looking pretty handy to him.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Any def on someone four times your size will hurt like heck. But I still think making vamps fire Range and Close again would be a better solution then, as a midtick defense would wreck anyone who just mass vamps indiscriminatly.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You can't always choose what tick you defend on. And saying "oh he'll get killed anyway so he doesn't need insurance", which is essentially what you posted, is idiotic.

I don't really get why you're trying to argue against this. It is a bug. It needs fixing.

Last edited:

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Huh, I did not post any such thing. :p But basic self preservation means even a vamp-player will recall if he sets to lose his staff, regardless of whether the defenders get insurance or not.

And I think the TL-Bug needs higher priority, It's not like there are tons of vamps running around doing pure kill-runs with wanton abandon

Souls

Official Helper
There's no bug with TLs, they're just absurdly powerful for their price ATM. :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Agree should be worked on being fixed. But i wouldnt have been so blunt about it. for all you know azzer could be working on it. Its just a big job and isnt as easy as changing a few unit stats so takes a while.

Yes, because battles only ever occur when robos are attacking vamps, not when robos are defending AGAINST vamps...

And SAs get insurance from vamps because the bug only affects machines/robos, so they have nothing to complain about.

Think things through, please.

I did not know it was only armour (machine/vehicle) that were affected by this bug. I thought it was all units. So if an spec ops was hit by a vamp he would get the full 35% insurance and injuries?

I agree also the vamp route is certainly going to struggle to kill special ops so effectively. and im 99% sure thats because now the sorc. route (using sirens) can destroy a special op.

so robo/poms/sirens can all kill SA (ranger and vamps are now the ones that can do it but not profitably (at 70%) with bounty) So what azzer has done is balance the game, if you mass secret agents. you can die to mass gargoyle. if you mass assassins you can die to vamps. and if you as a vampire player buy only one sort of unit you can now only hit one sort of target.
IMO It reduces bounty hunting something azzer isnt too keen on as most of the victims of bounty hunting get pissed off and if they are weak minded, they quit.

its not like vamp cant kill any other fully teched route. you can kill tl's for a start.