The Weather (my thoughts after 3 days of not seeing sun)

cb1202

Head Gardener
Ok, well I have been playing for many many rounds, and I know any suggestions about the weather will prolly not be answered. I have played actively(10+ hours a day) since round 5, and now I find myself on less than 2 hours a day.

That being said I think the weather could have a lot to do with maintaining a semi active playerbase. How can you expect for someone to sit around with all their troops destroyed (minus the 30% insurance) and tell them "oh yeah u cant rebuild until there is sun unless you want to wait around for about 9 hours, and if there is sun make sure you have plenty of gardeners because it will only last for one tick, and for all we know there could be no sun at all when we think there will be" Besides how complicated that would be for a new person to understand, it would also really turn me off as a new player. I don't mind waiting around when I am going FTW, but since I am now only getting on about 2 hours a day it drives me crazy when there is no sun. I think this is adding to the amount of activity you need in order to play this game, and its an unneeded pointless complication to the game. I understand the whole its farming thing, but perhaps changing the weather to a more moderate zone. Like where I live in GA its sunny and warm 10 months out of the year, and never snows. I just think if someone is going to play a game they don't want to have to sit around for 9 hours just waiting for a random system that is only going to give like a 5% chance of sun in the winter. perhaps raising the % of sun in the winter months and increasing chance of rain or clouds in summer months.

I understand there can be some strategy involved when it comes to deciding to attack in the winter months, but whoever is planning to do that is already addicted to the game and isn't some noob who only gets on 2 hours a day. He is also less likely to buy game cash(well my experience with top tier has shown me very few people who buy game cash). I think the reason this game is so addictive is because of the balance and complications, I would never think anyone would say "damn if only they had some crazy random system that determined when I could plant my seeds and fight with my awesome new Secret Agents I just spent $10 on" or even "I want to play a game where I spend my $10 and then wait 3 days for my unit to develop and then potentially 3 more days before I see some sun to plant the seeds to buy any units."

Again I dont think it affects addicts like I used to be very much, and I am sure tons of you will come up with some sort of reason why I am retarded, but I am trying to speak for the person who doesnt get on the forums, but still spends his hard earned money on this game. As with most games I have seen a majority of the playerbase will never use the forums, and will only have about 2 or 3 hours at a certain time of the day to play a game. Why would they want to play this one where they have to wait for the weather to change or risk losing up to 90% of the seeds produced by the land they stole.

Silence

Head Gardener
Ive always disliked the weather and planting aspect of the game. To me the fun lies within the war not the planting.

Ive always considered suggesting (although I know it won't be received well) that instead of weather plants and seeds that your land should just produce money for you directly. It should just add to your funds removing the fuss of planting heh. (As for score, score should be added only when troops are bought. Bring back the scoring method which is based upon troop value rather than how many seeds/acres you have stashed).

As a result of which make the military concepts more complex as the game is becomming more simple by removing an irritating factor and add more to the real fun of the game.

Yes then what of gardeners / harvesters / tractors / seed thiefs etc etc all the units which rely on seeds / plants. I say leave them as a fun add on as LET flak. Or perhaps just convert all seed thiefs into fund destroyers or smth.

Ive always disliked that someone who is on no acres can become big feeding off innactive players. take that aspect away which works in conjunction with my suggestion

Thoughts?

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Ive always considered suggesting (although I know it won't be received well) that instead of weather plants and seeds that your land should just produce money for you directly. It should just add to your funds removing the fuss of planting heh.
You'd take away all the fun of the first night of the round. :(

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
new players dont know that they shouldnt plant in other weather then sun, so they dont have this problem.
what you dont know cant be missed.

+ if your only going to play for shitz and giggles (2hrs a day) then just plant before you log off and let mother nature take its course.