F-117 Overpricing?

Trampy

Digger
The unit F-117....
£137,000?
£425,000,000,000? :s
I know its a P-unit and all, but c'mon..

for something that dies like my fish i dont feed, dont you think that the unit is seriously overpriced?

at least reduce the development cost.
£275,000,000,000 sound better? 8)
i've been saving for what seems like a month now!

i know everyones gonna think 'Omfzgzzz, n00b poster, what a rubbish thought,' but please, state your view and why im wrong, if im wrong ;D

Gooner

Head Gardener
they kill a lot and are the 2nd fastest firing unit...you have to check in retrospect the cost of the other pu's corresponding to how good they are...F117 are pretty much one of the best Pu's so cost the most

Last edited by a moderator:

CFalcon

Official Helper
Because you get *alot* of firepower for your money? And you get to plug the biggest weakness ranger route has with this unit?

This is like saying 'zomg, attack dogs are so cheap, they must be overpowered' or 'trexs cost soooo much, they're way underpowered'.

The fact is that generally you get what you pay for. F117s are great units. Admittedly they die rather easy, but to compensate that they do huge damage, fire early, are stealthed, and deal with flak which is the one thing the rest of the route can't deal with.

I know it's frustrating saving for big developments, but there's a reason they cost so much.

EDIT: Just to clarify, if you look at other PUnits (with the noteable exception of marines), they are either essential to their route, or else they add very little to it (at least objectively), which is why they aren't priced as high as F117s and TRexs. Both these units aren't essential to their route, but do add alot to it.

Last edited:

Trampy

Digger
I forgot for a moment that they were stealthed :D
I admit, they are very powerful, and compensate for a lot of weakness,
but i do think that compared to, say, Dragons, (P-unit also)
F-117s are:
£49,000 more
1* Hp less
2* Armour less
Targets: All

Dragons:
Cheaper, for unit price, and development cost
Target lethal for 30%
less eta, to compensate for loss of stealth.

So summarise: dragons = a lot of power/health, but fire later.
cost less, development = about 1/3 of F-117s

in general, F-117s cost is a lot more, compared to another P-units abilitys.
I know this is just one example, and that other P-units, in comparison, also have their strengths/weaknesses, and that its part of the game to save money, buy up, and loose cash for powerful troops.

Maybe it was a mistake to post this, as i sorta did already know the answer ;D
Just nice to get a gripe off my chest though. :)

CFalcon

Official Helper
I forgot for a moment that they were stealthed :D
I admit, they are very powerful, and compensate for a lot of weakness,
but i do think that compared to, say, Dragons, (P-unit also)
F-117s are:
£49,000 more
1* Hp less
2* Armour less
Targets: All

Dragons:
Cheaper, for unit price, and development cost
Target lethal for 30%
less eta, to compensate for loss of stealth.

So summarise: dragons = a lot of power/health, but fire later.
cost less, development = about 1/3 of F-117s

in general, F-117s cost is a lot more, compared to another P-units abilitys.
I know this is just one example, and that other P-units, in comparison, also have their strengths/weaknesses, and that its part of the game to save money, buy up, and loose cash for powerful troops.

Maybe it was a mistake to post this, as i sorta did already know the answer ;D
Just nice to get a gripe off my chest though. :)

I appreciate that if you just compare F117s to other PUnits then they do appear to cost far too much. But you have to consider them within the context of their route.

Using your dragon example, sorc route only really has the siren unit to target LETs with, so without the dragon unit it would be underpowered over all. But the ranger route already has units which can put out high health and armour damage, targetting LETs. If you could also add lots of F117s to that mix, and do it early in the round, then the route would be far too powerful.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Trampy, I suppose you are a newer player. A few words of advice from me - do *NOT* to compare single units. Comparing units to each other, outside the context of their route is silly (to say the least).

Silence

Head Gardener
I can see what trampy is getting at. Its a lot of funds for a unit which is not great for the offensive and which only seems to kill flak

But a ranger player with a nice number of f117s complimenting the rest of their set up will:
A) prevent SA rushes / TL rushes which is a massive bonus so you can be much more safe
B) Put of those pesky PoMs (although maybe PoMs to target rangers so much anymore because reduced AD?)
C) Put off *some* other regular attacks too at the very thought of the flak getting obliterated straight off the bat!

However the price you pay for the great defence is useless for attacks and RPGs which find you even tastier. Imo its fair!

Hope that helps trampy!

Trampy

Digger
I can see what trampy is getting at. Its a lot of funds for a unit which is not great for the offensive and which only seems to kill flak

But a ranger player with a nice number of f117s complimenting the rest of their set up will:
A) prevent SA rushes / TL rushes which is a massive bonus so you can be much more safe
B) Put of those pesky PoMs (although maybe PoMs to target rangers so much anymore because reduced AD?)
C) Put off *some* other regular attacks too at the very thought of the flak getting obliterated straight off the bat!

However the price you pay for the great defence is useless for attacks and RPGs which find you even tastier. Imo its fair!

Hope that helps trampy!

Yeah, that has helped :)
I didnt realise that F-117s were great for PoMs.
Also didnt realise they prevented SAs, as ive never had an SA attack in my whole 1 and a half rounds ;D

Seems to balance out my opinion now,

cheers for the opinions here :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
SAs have never been a problem for ranger routes, but Silence made some good points. The F's cover cover a huge vunlerability in the Ranger route and with them the route becomes from one of the worst solo routes to one of the best.

Btw, we recently had a thread about how powerful Petrols Bombers are, look at F-117's like PBs on steroids ;)

Silence

Head Gardener
SAs have never been a problem for ranger routes,

A big SA player will target rangers just because the units fire first for LET rushing. Ive done it before with no losses. If the target has f117s I was way clear of it =P

Silence

Head Gardener

A big SA player will target rangers just because the units fire first for LET rushing. Ive done it before with no losses. If the target has f117s I was way clear of it =P

Tractors... :p

Then its no longer a stealth rush and not applicable in the senario!

But yes tractors are annoying as hell =P

Davs

Garden Designer

We are talking about a solo with a smart setup yes?

@Lafin: Since when are tractors part of the SA route? :p

Since when could SA players not get tractors? :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Davis, please follow the conversation and don't make an idiot of yourself with statements like that one.

Davs

Garden Designer
Davis, please follow the conversation and don't make an idiot of yourself with statements like that one.

f0xx, please read the name of the poster you're quoting and don't maike an idiot of yourself when posting.

Also - my point was very valid. You asked since when were tractors within the SA route - I pointed out that they were avaiable to SA players. Now if you can tell me how this makes me stupid then I'll be more than happy to shine your throne for you - but until then take your arrogance elsewhere :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
If you follow the conversation, DAVIS, then you will have no problems (I guess) figuring out why I made that comment :p