• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

PoM

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Make it 2* AD and increase cost by 2-4,000. (Hell you could increase them to 50k and they'd be better than the useless unit they are now).

Reason: Pom suck balls at 1* ad.

Before anyone says "get hv" - learn game cos that doesnt do smeg either.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Reason: Pom suck balls

they suck now

Music to my ears :D
Poms got a monster HD boost and they prevent landings pretty damn good. Don't think they should be as kickass as they where before stoping grabs and majority of the fleshy lethals :p In fact SO's might even need a resistance bonus vs them imo, didn't see the ratio yet but i assume solo SO's won't stand a chance.

Mysterious

Harvester
Get HV.

Lawl. Jk. But yes, they need a re-mod. They currently have pretty much no use. They're a redundant unit. Could just get rid of the route and keep VD at this rate :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Because then HV fire before too many other units and the route becomes imba

timtadams

Landscape Designer
What about Lowering HVs init so they strip armor for Poms?

they would be too strong. If you were gonna do that, then PoMs health damage should probably be reduced. And their prices increased significantly

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
tbh ive no idea why azzer keeps beating round the bush to fix biker / poms problem

IMO bikers and poms should be as follows

*Bikers firing before pom
*Bikers eta 4
*Increase Damage slightly
*Thieves steal a significant increase of land, maybe even steal seeds at the same time?

the reason for the thieves remodding is because firstly it was meant as a rushing route but as it stands i dont think its worth it, it needs some kind of big boost to make it a route to go

reducing poms power was silly, its a route that cant kill NOTHING, this route shouldnt be as weak as other routes, thats not even logical...

posting this as a suggestion aswell.

Matthew

BANNED
tbh ive no idea why azzer keeps beating round the bush to fix biker / poms problem

IMO bikers and poms should be as follows

*Bikers firing before pom
*Bikers eta 4
*Increase Damage slightly
*Thieves steal a significant increase of land, maybe even steal seeds at the same time?

the reason for the thieves remodding is because firstly it was meant as a rushing route but as it stands i dont think its worth it, it needs some kind of big boost to make it a route to go

reducing poms power was silly, its a route that cant kill NOTHING, this route shouldnt be as weak as other routes, thats not even logical...

posting this as a suggestion aswell.

If it can't kill nothing then it can kill something...

Matthew

BANNED
No I don't know what you mean, when you say they don't kill nothing it means they kill something so you just said that they kill something wheras they don't kill they distract. What you said was misleading, I feel correcting you is very on topic and removes nothing from the thread. If I made an error about something i'm sure you would be very quick to point out my mistakes.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
you answered your own question right there, poms dont kill they distract so yes you understood what i meant.

return the units to firing how they were last round, but with a little more HMMPH! here n there :)

Madmeater

Harvester
No I don't know what you mean, when you say they don't kill nothing it means they kill something so you just said that they kill something wheras they don't kill they distract. What you said was misleading, I feel correcting you is very on topic and removes nothing from the thread. If I made an error about something i'm sure you would be very quick to point out my mistakes.

You gonna start having a go at people for their spelling next?
Being an ass very much takes from the thread. Just stay on topic, and if you feel you need to correct someone, do it in a PM so they can correct it themselves, rather then jumping on the first chance to humiliate someone.
You remind me of the kind of guy in school who would point out someone's mistakes out loud, so the class can hear it. Grow up.

On topic:
I agree, PoM were too powerful before (Speaking as a PoM player)
but now they are much too weak.

perhaps change the stats on PL so they strip for PoM on more than the last tick?

Name: Protestor Leader [£18,000]
Unit Type: Living
Unit Class: NLD
Attack type: Distracts [all]
Targets: LET / NLT / NLD
Stats: ** / ** / * /****
ETA: 3
Initiative: 185
Route(s): Protestor

Change initiative to 185 to fire after arsonists, thus allowing them to strip for PoM, but also making arsonists a way to counter the threat, and therefore, making the thief route more of a vaid route choice?

Just something to get the grey matter flowing...

Edit: I dont really think this will upset the early round balance too much I should imagine?
Perhaps bump up the price in return for it firing all 3 ticks?

Last edited:

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Btw, poms are only weaker if they fight alone, in a combo with an rpg they are more powerful then before i'd guess :p Or if they bribe some :p Seriously tho, poms before this round where the most powerful route in the game imho, very strong at stopping let and a great ratio vs INN aswell. Maybe they should be a bit more a support route and not dominate by themselfs ? Let them run a full round and we can see more accurate opinions after :p

Matthew

BANNED

You gonna start having a go at people for their spelling next?
Being an ass very much takes from the thread. Just stay on topic, and if you feel you need to correct someone, do it in a PM so they can correct it themselves, rather then jumping on the first chance to humiliate someone.
You remind me of the kind of guy in school who would point out someone's mistakes out loud, so the class can hear it. Grow up.

Lol well considering a lot of people who play this games primary language isn't english they will take what is said rather literally? Maybe people who haven't experienced PoM's yet being in a low ranking/solo position? I think saying something kills when it doesn't is a serious error which needs to be corrected. Pm'ing them takes a lot more effort than a quick reply. If Ross edited his post then i would have deleted my origional post pointing out the grammatical error. I do not post purely to flame as he was making a serious suggestion which needed wording changes for clarity, which imo opinion is needed to be put forward formally to be taken seriously. But oh well that might just be me.

Turnip2k

Harvester
Matthew, stop being a pedant, if your going to make a post have some suggestion in it that relates to the topic. If you have a problem with Cyrus - sort it out in PM please.

As for PoM's, the change was to make them more reliant on the ally as opposed to being a one player landfarming ride I believe. As DS said, they are now far more powerful when used with a armour stripper firing before - but perhaps a little tweaking to make them a little more self sufficent is needed.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
POMS
MASSIVE POMS
POMS ALL THE TIME
POMS EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK
MORE POMS
MASSIVE POMS
LOL POMS!

the fact is poms got modded to suit a biker change, thats messing up 2 units and not even fixing the problem to begin with...

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
the fact is poms got modded to suit a biker change, thats messing up 2 units and not even fixing the problem to begin with...

That's fact, is it? You had nothing to do with the unit changes that got implemented this round (neither suggesting nor testing said changes). The fact is, you're wrong.