• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Weather

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
the weather goes to winter at the end of the first week, which gives a HUGE advantage to those with the most land, as they can save, and plant on the days it is not rainy (and they are usually the more active types, so it’s more likely it’ll happen this way). The smaller, less active people, however, won’t have as much land, and their possible advantage in troops wouldn’t be much good, because they couldn’t replinish their troops after 1 or two attacks. A more randomized, and less season heavy weather system might be good?

I have to say i agree with that, we need less harsh winters because catching a single sun in an entire day while i'm fairly active it's probably bad :p Those who got an acre advantage get alot of income and their development runs smoothly, those who started their developement already will laugh at others who even if they have the seeds to start their dev they can't plant for many hours/day, those who got killed have nothing else to do than wait for some good weather because they can't do anything with current troops. So please, change the settings for bad weather, we don't need more random delays .. it's already a big deal to have your counter unit researched just a few hours behind competition :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I have to say I agree. Something needs to be done about the shitty weather. Why does weather even exists? What is the point of it at all? Yet another random thing in a war game.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
the weather actually allows for different tactics when warring, its a good system, just indirectly causes other problems, though tbf, there's always gonna be a different between actives and folks that are not, the reason these people have more land is because their active...

Matthew

BANNED
All I am going to say on this matter is that if i started playing this game for the first time today i sure as hell would never be returning to this game. 6 hours where i haven't been able to do anything in terms of buying/culivating land. A new player who is being told by the tutorial it is advisable to wait for sun will think "balls to this i'm not staying online all this time just to plant my seeds".

Its just stupid.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
We all know more active means more land ..

The problem is after first week when ppl start to tech punits which deliver quite a punch the bad weather hits and can delay greatly those who didn't start theirs already. There was no sun past 6 hours and who knows how many before and how many later ... it's quite impossible as was said in that quote to even think of retaliation/resistance at this time since all you can do is use current tech and troops and wait for sun :p Those who had a better start and have developments running and alot of acres have a big "random" advantage over those who are trying to catch up.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I don't see the point in having weather or different land types. They seem to be features for the hell of it rather than providing any gameplay.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I don't see the point in having weather or different land types. They seem to be features for the hell of it rather than providing any gameplay.

I don't either, i suspect they got implemented purely because of Azzer's phobia of having things crystal clear and easy to work out and would rather have some of his traditional vague/random stuff :p Even tho weather does bring a little bit of tactical play can at least made be more gentle for the first 2 weeks :p

Ranzou

Harvester

I don't see the point in the weather system either, but I think there is potential for the different land types to become more important in the early game in particular.

I think grass and flower plants should yield more profit (either more seeds or a higher price per plant) in their respective good seasons, and perhaps less in their bad seasons. That way I'm sure we'll see more tactical buying/stealing.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Weather system yes, but different land types MUST stay since that's all the fun in round starts.