Online MMO I'm playing now, care to join me?

alexx

Harvester
goku the supersayian - livin in southern finland. But i'm lvl 3 so can move wherever i want whoopidoppidooooo.

alexx

Harvester
i have no idea what am i doin.. atm im just hangin around workin once a day

alexx

Harvester
i read some guide that said you _shouldnt_ train in the beginning.. :0

and it literally takes 5secs not 2min :p

alexx

Harvester
Advice from a new starter to other new starters:

When you start the game, one of the tricks is DON'T TRAIN! Although it reminds you to train each day, don't do this as it dramatically impacts your Wellness.

Your wellness will come up much faster, or at least stay stable if you do the following ...

1. Work for a Q1 company (1 star), and
2. Eat 1 star food, and
3. Don't train, and
4. Have no house, or manage a company

If you take it slowly and simply like this at the start then your wellness will stay rock solid stable. They should have just called it HEALTH inline with general gaming speech.

To understand the relationship between working, training, housing, and wellness, check out the calculator here and put some numbers in to see the results. You don't need to try and understand the formula behind it:
Check out the calculator here (Sorry you have to cut and paste):
http://www.cccp-group.org/index.php?page=erepwellnesscalc

So, when you start, you need to:
1. Get a job - you have a skill level of zero so you apply for a low paying job in a 1 star company.
2. Stay in this mode of eat/work/don't train for a few days or even a few weeks.

Holding your job will get you experience in the particular industry work skill you are employed in. e.g. Land, Construction, or Manufacturing.

After you work in that job for a period of time, your skill will go up. Skill points are different to your overall experience level.

As your skill points increase you can then resign from your job and apply for a job that pays more for your higher skill level. To take advantage of your higher skill level you need to seek a job in the same industry.

With more money you can then start buying higher quality food which will dramatically improve your wellness .

Once your wellness is going up you can start training because the health loss experienced from training will be offset by the wellness gains from eating higher quality food.

While you are doing all of this, your Game Experience has been slowly going up (that's the white number in the green square, next to your Avatar). Higher experience enables you to participate in other aspects of the game such as joining a political party.

As you continue training your military skill goes up, enabling you to do things in the military side of the game.

Hope this helps,
-T.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/forum/topic/84618/tips-for-new-citizens/1

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Yes, my wellness goes down when I train, but so what? As long as it is more than 10 I will be training since I can do that only once per day.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I saw that Goku and was going to follow their advice until I remembered training gives you exp so you level up faster. I cba to sit around doing nothing just to ensure my 'wellness' doesn't drop too much. :p

Changer

Head Gardener
I saw that Goku and was going to follow their advice until I remembered training gives you exp so you level up faster. I cba to sit around doing nothing just to ensure my 'wellness' doesn't drop too much. :p

I was pretty much the same

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
They are idiots whoever wrote that lol.

You get to level 5 ASAP.

Then you can start warring and getting mass EXP per day.
Once you fight a battle, you can regain 50 wellness at the hospital per day by clicking heal. (If you have a level 5 hospital in your area. Lvl 1 hosp = 10 wellness, lvl 3 - 30 welness etc.)

I was taught by people in eUK IRC chan and they told me to do it this way and they are all like ministry of defence n stuff.

Btw, my company will go up as soon as i talk to some guy on IRC.

Either in 9 hours or 1 day 9 hours.

alexx

Harvester
lvl 4 \o>

Congratulations, you have reached experience level 4. Now you have the possibility to send initiations to your friends to join eRepublik . To reach level 5 you need 25 experience points.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
The Twigley Times ftw!

Anyway, I started an iron company last night.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/company/heavy-metal-inc--196138

^that. Figured we're going to need iron to make weapons for a long time yet, and New Jersey is the only iron region we've got left. Also, no need to buy raw materials or manage inventory or anything. So I've hired and fired a bit, I think I'm happy with the employees I have now. My only problem now is the fluctuating price of iron on the market, and the ever-worsening plight of America. I sold a bunch of iron at $1.39 a piece last night, but the market will only pay $1.10 tonight. Well it won't get away with paying me that little, no sir! I still have a crapload of iron on the market at $1.39, if someone wants it that's great, if not I'm happy to wait. Also, 41% deflation in the US isn't helping :p

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
CANADA MUST NOT FALL, HOLD THE LINE IN ONTARIO!

Also on the business front, iron prices came back up and I managed to sell my whole stock for the price I wanted. In 3 days in business I'm up about 3 gold. Yay!