Round 31 Awards Discussion

Matthew

BANNED
LOL DS this round you have been awful, anyone can do what you've done. Its not hard, you're in no position to comment on people's poor tactics. Someone of your skill just floating around bottomfeeding with no land and constantly going into sleep mode at night and essentially having 0 positive impact on the game. You then come here and critisise someone elses style of play? Its just roflworthy

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm not aiming for Bounty spot, I've got the award already! I'd have taken Eff if it was within my reach but that is all.

I am aiming to get my alliance as high as possible, that is my aim.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
LOL DS this round you have been awful, anyone can do what you've done. Its not hard, you're in no position to comment on people's poor tactics. Someone of your skill just floating around bottomfeeding with no land and constantly going into sleep mode at night and essentially having 0 positive impact on the game. You then come here and critisise someone elses style of play? Its just roflworthy

I never said i'm some sort of super hero did i ? Nor that what i did was some super clever or awesome thing. In fact i recall saying the best solo's this round have been the highest ranked non solo bunkers which i am not ;)
Anyone can do what i did, you are right, even you did and had a big BH lead at round start .. remember ?
And i have the same right to criticise a player style of play like the very next person. There's been plently of criticising for solo's needing to use sleepmode when imho most of them really needed it. If i want to criticise a bunker who imho could have played much better i'll say it like it or not :p
At least i used only allowed and legal tactics all round while i hear that didn't apply to you ?

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Er there have been no instances of Chewie breaking any rules...

Edit: In game rules anyway. Pretty sure he's bent a few on forums...

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I'm not aiming for Bounty spot, I've got the award already! I'd have taken Eff if it was within my reach but that is all.

You did some BH runs and tryed to take my head on a couple occasions so i was keeping an eye over your progress as i knew you should be able to get high on BH/eff if you aimed for it :)

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

You did some BH runs and tryed to take my head on a couple occasions so i was keeping an eye over your progress as i knew you should be able to get high on BH/eff if you aimed for it :)

In my eyes you were free money, that was why I sent at you :)

septimus

Harvester
While I appreciate Matt and DaX nominating me for player of the round I certainly don't deserve it, my bribed army had more to do with Willy's Sirens and Nameless PoMs then anything I did. But thanks guys :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Heh as for hobbs post, the only reason I cussed you is because you continue to this day lie about the reasons. That's the only thing I've really ever held against you.

To this day you still persist about how it was for the love of war. I'll stop ignoring you and being mad at you when you stop lying.

If that makes me the worst leader, I'm fine with it.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Lol i was as surprised as you mattheus @ JJ highlighting Intense.
Kinda weird :p
It only happened once like and i was laughing as much as IOF is :D

aGit

Harvester
Martin said:
* Worst Moment of Round - Polo, Kuda and FB leaving RebelRapeRepeat. I knew it was going to happen but didn't know it was going to be that night, so woke up as leader to an alliance with only 12 members and people still leaving. Therefore having to just leave a message for the guys to say "I'll sort it in a few days, bare with me" and also recruiting a couple who stayed with nothing more than that promise.

wish i had seen that message. at the time i was pretty much convinced that the rrer would fall due to mass departure of people. so i jumped the bandwagon. i wouldnt have, had i know you'd step up to the challenge of keeping **** together.

Tbh, one can never be sure what you can or cannot be arsed to do. At times it seems you just dont give a flying **** about anything at all. and then all of the sudden you pull the dieing alliance from the brink of destruction back to life. kudos for that.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Woah - Quit bashing DarkSider for his sleep moding. I can understand if you don't want to vote him best solo - There are plenty of reasons you may not want to. But as a solo RPG with NO PNAP's, uncontactable, not taking the game TOO seriously can you really blame him for using the GAME FEATURE? He did something unique as he usually does. Kudos to him.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
But mostly Silence - He was the main reason RRR won the round. He was the reason the Resistance won. He was the reason S2N won.

What? Silence didn't organize anything in the resistance, he barely sent with it, and if anything he pissed people off and lost participants.

:/

aGit

Harvester
But mostly Silence - He was the main reason RRR won the round. He was the reason the Resistance won. He was the reason S2N won.

What? Silent didn't organize anything in the resistance, he barely sent with it, and if anything he pissed people off and lost participants.

:/

perhaps he is just that bad, that when he doesnt send along with the others, the resistance succeeds. =D

nah but seriously, silent != silence

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Woah - Quit bashing DarkSider for his sleep moding. I can understand if you don't want to vote him best solo - There are plenty of reasons you may not want to. But as a solo RPG with NO PNAP's, uncontactable, not taking the game TOO seriously can you really blame him for using the GAME FEATURE? He did something unique as he usually does. Kudos to him.

Since when is mass RPG and sleepmode 'unique'?

I'm not saying what he did isn't impressive (that's a lot of attacks logged, and a considerable amount of dedication to killing targets) but it's really nothing unique at all. Anyone with time and targets can do it. *Shrug*

Max

Garden Designer
Best player (solo): Max- I think he has perfected the art of mass basics more than anyone else in game.

I really tryed not to write this in my first post but something is pushing me to do it now :p I wanted to give Max the worst solo award for having the solo route with the most potential for score play but while i was getting demolished by bunkers of similar size i had no problems to BH him all round and make profit even if he was several times bigger. His troop setup is one of the weakest i ever saw at a high ranked bunker and the only reason he stays there is the thugs with large amount of petrols or big sorcs not paying him a visit.

Maybe if you didn't keep his AR up by BHing him they might have. Sorry, but what Max does is really quite skillful; this isn't the first time he's been riding high off the back of first dev + basics.

It's certainly harder to be where he is than to mass RPGs and go sleeping at night. I didn't want to mention that either, but now I have :/

Just wanted to say, I don't generally like playing with mass Bunkers and Turrets because I find it dull after a while, I chose the route because of my activity, especially as I started during my exams. Currently:

You spend around 2.54 hour(s) a day playing Bushtarion.

So there's no point ever hitting sleep mode and I've never done so all round :D I also chose not to have any PNAPs, again due to inactivity. So as you can see, I never intended to play ftw, I just enjoyed playing with my favourite troop type, NLT :D

I can understand your lack of affection for my playstyle, but I can assure you that I enjoy it very much :) Sure, I could have played mass bunkers and sentries with all the right ratios and done as well as Lupus has, but I wouldn't have enjoyed the round that way.

If I had your activity, DS, by Zeus' stout oak I'd be playing differently right now :D