• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Account sitting

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Account sitting

bushplaya69 as some people have said it is DEFINATELY against the rules to do what you described...but you are obviously new here so i hope Azzer will let you off with just a warning rather than a lockage/bancheese

Also Kiraxis (as the gorgeous Miss Garrett said) you have shown in this thread that you are far more of a "n00b" than bushplaya69...your attitude is exactly what we dont need in this game especially at the moment when Azzer is pushing for new players to join. If you dont have anything productive (or at least vaguely coherent) to say then bugger off! ( ;) )

x

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
It's a nice idea...but as Rosa says, that's what sleep mode is for.

How about changing sleepmode somewhat though? I haven't put much thought into this but anyway:
- You can be attacked in "sleep mode".
- You get 70-90% injury in "sleep mode".
- You get 70-90% income in "sleep mode".
- You cannot send out any attacks or defence in "sleep mode".
- Possibly your max land grab is reduced also?

^THIS! Thanks for showing me this pinpower.

If the playerbase is going to grow, activity requirements must be reduced. If you told me when I was joining that if I'm going to get anywhere at all in this game I'll have to play at least 5 hours a day, I'd have quit on the spot. Sleep mode, or some variation of it, needs to be a viable option for the masses. For the casual players, who want to log in once or twice a day and still have troops the next time they log in. But at the same time, invulnerability is a bad thing. I very much like this idea. You have to hit sleep mode for a certain amount of time, and it protects your troops fairly well, but you lose income and you can still lose land, and you can't actually play the game while you're in it. Good stuff.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
To me account sitting means taking this game to a new level activity wise. There will no longer be possible to make a good ranking playing by your self, and you'll be dependent on having not just a decent alliance, but also good and active friends that can cover your ass while you're not on your shift.

Dachi, as always , speaks reason.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Well, in my view the main reason people hit sleep is to keep their staff alive, as logging on to a load of 0's usually means less fun _when_ you have time to play.

So I have suggested an easy fix, make ID1 have a "AHQ!Government" where staff can be sent for safe keeping.

Then you would risk being landraped silly, but that would be small price to pay. (And in an ally, an active PoM should stop a lot..)

That way, the "casual" player would be able to play for fun, without having to resort to sleep all the time, or risk being zeroed,

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Huzzah for invincible solos. FFS this is is a war game. People shouldn't be able to run away from any possible troop losses unless they're online to send out. This game is English, not French.