OldFarts have gone to Bed.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
You joined S2N, then Polo. My respect for you has sunk to a whole new low.

I would be upset - but, fortunately, I don't give a flying feck what you think of me.

I play this game for fun. What I decided I wanted to do for the rest of the round, for fun, was kill OF (as a whole) and jjnoob (as an individual). The best way for me to do that was by joining STN (an alliance who I've had nothing but respect for this round, unlike many other alliances).

Dude i can't argue with the rest of your post (except that MattM is awesome ;)) but I don't remember you having a lot of respect for S2N throughout a large portion of this round. I could be wrong, but statements like 'S2N are ****ing abysmal and pathetic' are pretty unequivocal statements. *shrug*

JJB

Harvester
polo has made waayyy to many points!!!, but i do agree that most of them are pretty valid

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Dude i can't argue with the rest of your post (except that MattM is awesome ;))

Of course you can't - I'm never wrong. :p

but I don't remember you having a lot of respect for S2N throughout a large portion of this round. I could be wrong, but statements like 'S2N are ****ing abysmal and pathetic' are pretty unequivocal statements. *shrug*

Perhaps your anger towards me is clouding your memory. I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything along those lines. I also always referred to Second To None as STN, not that grammatically incorrect name that everyone else seems to be using.

lol polo ship jumped again. We aren't playing frogger dude.

There are ships in Frogger?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Dude i can't argue with the rest of your post (except that MattM is awesome ;))

Of course you can't - I'm never wrong. :p

There are exceptions to every rule ;)

but I don't remember you having a lot of respect for S2N throughout a large portion of this round. I could be wrong, but statements like 'S2N are ****ing abysmal and pathetic' are pretty unequivocal statements. *shrug*

Perhaps your anger towards me is clouding your memory. I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything along those lines. I also always referred to Second To None as STN, not that grammatically incorrect name that everyone else seems to be using.

Doubtful. I'm annoyed that you shipjumped without telling us, and especially annoyed that you left to join what amounted to our arch enemies this round and last round. I can't remember how many discussions we had mocking TBA, powerblocking n00bs, and their so called leadership. I'm sure there are logs somewhere and forum posts even that resound with 'I'm never playing with powerblocking n00bs again'. I don't really feel compelled to find them, but i do remember them being posted. ;) Wasn't the whole foundation of RRR this round to be Non-TBA (Chance/WH mostly) against TBA to prove what could be done? *Shrug*

You might, and probably do, have some respect for Twigley personally, but that's neither here nor there in this discussion. If i hadn't gotten rid of my old IRC logs when i switched to Windows 7 i'm almost certain i'd have the proof. Maybe they're still hidden away on my disgustingly poorly organized comp, but i doubt it :(

As for your grammatical exactness, I was paraphrasing words i remember you using, my apologies for offending your exacting sensibilities by using a common shortform. While you may not have used those exact words, your disdain for S2N and Enmity and Fail. were more than clear this round to my eyes. Perhaps we just interpret words like 'pathetic', 'incompetent', 'retarded' and 'hilarious' differently. By all means attack my grammar, and not the content of my post :)

Anywho, this is all getting mightily off topic I suspect.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
To be honest if DA were born in Denmark around the year 1600 Shakespeare would have wrote a play about him and his antic disposition by now. He's just gone absolutely batshit crazy.

icon14.gif

(That little gem was the only redeeming feature of this god-awful thread btw)

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
To be honest if DA were born in Denmark around the year 1600 Shakespeare would have wrote a play about him and his antic disposition by now. He's just gone absolutely batshit crazy.

icon14.gif

(That little gem was the only redeeming feature of this god-awful thread btw)

There hasn't been a good thread on here for months.

But that is a truly epic quote.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Doubtful. I'm annoyed that you shipjumped without telling us

I'm just curious if anybody else found that snippet entertaining :)

Also, you gained redeeming respect from me for that post Polo (Not that it means anything!). Brilliant. I'll have to go give you forum rep.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Doubtful. I'm annoyed that you shipjumped without telling us

I'm just curious if anybody else found that snippet entertaining :)

Yea that really made me smile as well haha

As i stated in IRC, the circumstances were completely different, and shipjumping is not the same as a planned backstab.

Even you should be able to see the difference Iamsmart. And IoF, you know as well as i do that those are two different kinds of actions. This has been an 'explain bushtarion to newbies' round. ;)

however, this thread is not the time or the place for this kind of discussion, you know where to reach me if you wish to further this discussion, or even make another thread if you will, i have no qualms about a public discussion.

Shadow

Harvester
Nice polo, keeping up teh reputation of being a complete cock quite well ;)

Yeah DA can be a memebr of Enmity and know more than me but doe snot stop him from being retarded and full of **** with wot he posts.

and yes, i do think its a bash you **** tard. wot else do you call having all 2 allies mass on like 2 targets? unless you have a warped retarded way of understanding wot a bash is :s which i think you do ;)

Silence

Head Gardener
Sorry got bored after page four.

This thread is all mindless speculation. With GOOD reason too! If I were not in s2n I would be quick to point at s2n and emnity and think they *are* working together. HOWEVER as a member of s2n I can state FACT, which many of the mindless spectators cannot.

So I remind you please. Don't jump to conclusions. I understand that you maybe annoyed or frustrated at a possible repeat of last round but I promise it won't be.

So I implore of you all to stop the blaming game, sit back and watch things unravel. Its all about timing.

Old Fart

Planter
@Polo - you are right i am not in either S2N or Enmity. So i don't know if they are snapped. What i do know is that they were co-ordinated attacks between the to alliances on us, the net result if they did not change tactics would have been a 2v1 til end of round - possible heavier landrape zeroing in the last week, so the two alliances would not have to fight.

That least that was how we read the incoming.

Sleepmode is to highlight the situation.
Either you fight or you don't
Either Azzer will step in or he won't

Whether you all think what OF has done is clever tactical move or the biggest pussy move imaginable. It doesn't matter to us.

However, you will see soon this isn't about score or rank. It's about the difference between FTF and FTW.

FTW plays for rank 1
FTF plays for fun & friendship

The two remaining FTW alliances, are playing to bash the living daylights out of a FTF Alliance.

You must all enjoy having the same 3 - 4 groups playing for the top every round. The same players on the forums, talking cobblers. It makes me realise why our playerbase is so small.

insert random plug Travian!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Excuse me - I'm not a part of any 'core group' - Generalizations ftl.

Also - I do believe your so called 'working together' is referring to the resistance. Quite a poor argument really.

Last edited:

Turnip2k

Harvester
Drunken post ahoy!

I don't give a crap what you guys want to think of us. You think we want rank 1? Hell, I'll happily delete my account this round if its within my allies wishes. It is of no concequence - I have had my fun, and spent time with fecking awesome people. What rank I / We finish, or even if this account exists at the end of the round has as much relevance as a cabbage to me right now.

We, as an ally, needed a break from the recent activity requirements. We are not around enough to even enjoy the game properly, let alone defend against two snapped allies which have far greater activity than us. Some people in the ally did not like it, and I am sorry that they had to go with it - but they did so with great dignity and I love / respect them all the more for it.

The more this hilarious bickering goes on just reinforces my belief of how much of a fecking GREAT idea this was. We have removed ourselves from the moronic politics and childish posturing that the very existance of this thread exemplifies.

We are not FTW, so we took that break. If that makes us pussies, meh, then I guess you have to be a pussy to even consider playing the game for anything other than TEH WIN. Says alot about the community tbh.

I'm going to bed. Guess what? I'm not going to be pranked for defense! Goodnight :)

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
OMFG guys, stop using the term 'QQ', just say cry... God damn your stupid, nerdy, pointless abreviations for everything gramatical!

aGit

Harvester
polo - usually your posts make sense and have a grain truth in them, however in this thread it feels like you've thrown all objectivity out the window once you shipjumped to stn.

had you not done it, and had died like the rest of us in RReR, i would wager your posts to be alot different.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
polo - usually your posts make sense and have a grain truth in them, however in this thread it feels like you've thrown all objectivity out the window once you shipjumped to stn.

had you not done it, and had died like the rest of us in RReR, i would wager your posts to be alot different.

Oh, I'm sorry. Was my post a lie? Would it have been better if I admitted that Enmity and STN are powerblocking? And I only joined STN to preserve my rank?