Pnaps and AR

Flip

Weeder
Solos need to get full ar while defending their pnap.

The way it is now is just crap. I rarely play solo, Infact this is my first round solo since r16, and while I don't think solos need tons of help, I also think AR itself is a bit unbalanced and doesn't make much sense in how it works. But that's a complicated issue, and I'm sure everyone will disagree on how it should work.

A simple issue however is the amount of AR solos get from defending a pnap. Not getting AR on attacks is one thing, but when you can suicide most your staff and half your score defending a pnap and only get 11% AR it's just ridiculous.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Blackwolf, i think we all need to start realising that the only way we are going to increase the playerbase is by making it so you dont have to be insanely active and woken up in the night to avoid dying every day.

Edit: By that i dont mean you should be able to be an inactive solo and get a really high rank, i just mean you shouldnt have to be online all the time to stop yourself from waking up with 0 troops...and if you DO put in the hours and the work you SHOULD be able to get as good a rank as an allied player

Now im not saying solo's should have it easy, but i think a solo player who plays as actively/puts in as much work as an allied player should be able to compete with that allied player rank wise. I think that solo's need a bit more than they currently have to make this happen. And i think if we saw some changes that made this possible then we'd see more players joining the game and sticking around instead of joining seeing "oh, if i want to keep my troops for any length of time i either need to give up sleep or never go offline..."

An important factor to remember is that solo players dont have 19 people ready to prank them if they are attacked...

I havent played solo for years so im not bias, but i think the only way the game is gonna survive is if we open it up to more players and i think one of the main ways we need to be doing this is to enhance solo play a bit more. To clarify again, im not saying give them loads of bonuses or anything...BUT i do think they need something more than they currently have. Players in most top 10 can basically become invincible troop wise as they can be pranked online when attacked, if you really want to kill a solo there's no much they can do about it other than go into sleep mode every time they go offline (which some of you moan about anyway...).

Flip

Weeder
The distinct difference between solo and alliance is 2 pnaps and AR vs 19 players that can defend you.

your point is a retarded non comparison. (Edit: that was to BW, if it wasnt obvious)

The only thing that can keep a solo alive, other then sending out and sleep mode every night is AR. AR, which you can only get from being attacked.

Defense is defense, whether its at your own place or at your pnaps. Dying at your pnaps place rather then your own should make no difference.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, sorry to go off on some wider views.

Im not actually against this tbh, maybe just slightly reduced AR from defending pnaps but i agree...you should get something higher :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Blackwolf, i think we all need to start realising that the only way we are going to increase the playerbase is by making it so you dont have to be insanely active and woken up in the night to avoid dying every day.

Yes yes, I agree. Making solos overpowered is not the way to go though.

Flip

Weeder
I agree, I'm not even saying solos should really be able to compete at the top. But I don't believe giving AR for defending a pnap would be anywhere near overpowered. Right now, its just an extremely huge drawback to being solo. Complete loss with nothing to protect you, and it just shouldn't be that way.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Yes yes, I agree. Making solos overpowered is not the way to go though.

No, im not saying make them overpowered. But i think solo players need a little something extra from what they have now...

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Why? That makes this game more attractive if we get crapload of more solos from all the alliance players we have now? Justification and reasons for your words are directly from so deep of somewhere where sun doesnt shine that you really make me wanting to puke.

You come and tell me one reason why this game would be more attractive for people if you make solos even bit better than they are now without actually making alliance play be relaxed first.

Flip

Weeder
Having more players in general makes the game better. Not everyone wants to play alliance. Its obvious that an option to play solo and still really be able to play the game will make it attractive to more people, Thus broadening the playerbase and making the game more fun overall.

This is a much wider subject then my point though. What reason are there for solos not getting AR while defending a pnap? seriously Blackwolf, give me one reason. On top of that, why is the game, in your opinion, more attractive with less option, less players and less to do?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I have told on forums numerous times in numerous threads when 1 solo is better than 1 allied player on ranks/ its easier to play etc. , it means players will start to move from alliances to be solos.

I dont give a crap if this is solo game or alliance game, hell its not even my game. But I say if you want everyone to go solo it will reduce players even more. It will be cool and okay as this game can run on 200 solos... but it cant run with 200 players divided between allied and solos.

Thats why simple fact is solos powers should be reduced and everyone should aim how to make allying more relaxed and less consuming. That is only way to get more people here.

But hell been saying it for what 3-4 years now... nothing has happend and no one bealieves anyways... Altho no more players too... but whatta hell BW is never right hes always wrong.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Flip is right.

Not everyone wants to play in an alliance setting, where they have people depending on them etc. Also they might just not want to participate in the community aspect and rather just play alone...why should we stop them.

This is going off topic a bit but my point is more to do with...i think we need to (if we want the playerbase to grow considerably larger) develope something which means you can play less actively (and uncontactable ofc) without waking up each day with no troops and no land. I personally like the idea of a change in sleep mode, to something similar to what Polo suggests here (obviously needs tweaking, but as a general starting concept): http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11288&postcount=5

Edit 2: Again just to repeat myself, im not saying a solo (or any player) should be able to be less active and compete at the top level. Im just saying that i think it shouldnt be: Play very actively and do well OR If you dont have the time you've got no chance... Looking at it from a "good of the game" point of view.

But i do think solo's need a little something extra as ive said a couple of times, i cant think what at the moment but i think that coupled with some sort of sleep mode development would mean we'd have alot more players joining and staying. And whichever way you look at it, more players makes the game better. And its an ongoing thing, more players=more competition=more fun. Also, (and im assuming here) if we have more players Azzer will get more income which can give him the option to advertise the game further which in turn leads to more players etc etc.

Edit:
BlackWolf said:
I have told on forums numerous times in numerous threads when 1 solo is better than 1 allied player on ranks, it means players will start to move from alliances to solo.

Yes thats obviously right. But i dont know why people think that a solo who puts in say 10 hours a day activity and is constantly attacking, looking for targets, defending himself etc etc (so really putting alot of effort in to the game is what im getting at) shouldnt be able to compete with an allied player putting in the same or even less hours on INDIVIDUAL rankings. Considering the allied player (as ive said above) has 19 people who can prank him/defend him/attack with him we've gotta level the playing field more than it is at the moment. IMO.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I am not gonna start to repeat myself here again and again. I am tired to watch idiots come here and "open their mouth" while only thing that comes out is ****. Your super mod... would think you had some brains to think what you and your BS does for the game you mod... but noo...

JJB

Harvester
They are right solos should be improved a bit, they shouldnt be improved greatly but it is pretty hard to hold any decent rank being solo unless u r insanely active.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
They are right solos should be improved a bit, they shouldnt be improved greatly but it is pretty hard to hold any decent rank being solo unless u r insanely active.
See theres your problem... If this game wants to be about solos... then hell yes. If it wants to attract players... which it doesnt do... then solos should be only there because they have not yet been recruited.

Flip

Weeder
That's the point, Not everyone wants to be in an alliance. Forcing people to play in a way that they don't want to will make them just not play at all.

Im not even saying solos need to be improved, I've held top 100 pretty much all round and I've only used sleep once (No, I'm not bunker). This is just one small area that is messed up in my opinion. Defense is defense whether its at your place or your pnaps, you should gain AR normally. It makes perfect sense. The way it works now just doesn't.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
No one is forcing anyone to be allied as no one is forcing anyone to be solo. It is not same as deciding to either have solo or alliance game. Fact is that having 500 people solo game would be miracle. Having 500 players alliance game would be another kind of miracle too as alliance games tends to have 10+ times more people in em.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I will make this as simple and straight as I can with as small amount of writing as possible.

We have 2 person we have Flip who is new solo and we have Commy who is rather new alliance player.

We give them both 2 questions.
1. What you think of solos
2. Why?

What does Commy answer?
1. I hate them
2. I hate how they can do well without spending 15 hours a day online unlike I do and how they get gov def...

Then we have flip guy
1. I love to be solo
2. I love how I have been in top 100 all round long without spending but some hours of my free time online and I am doing this well WOOOO! Yet I wanna Azzer to boost my AR bit more so I can do even better with less struggle.

What is difference here?
Commy joined this game and played 15h a day in alliance that finished 10th. He almost quit but I managed to get him to stay. Today he coud be rank 1. He gives hes freedom to do well in this game. What does flip give?
NOTHING!
Solos in this game are those who wants to get everything for free! They are not ready to be where they are. They are there for no reason. They are bums of Bushtarion.
How many Commys we must lose from this game to get one Flip here before you people understand that Solos are killing this game?

Either this game must support everyone to join alliances which in time will heal the game and get it more players, or this game can be about solos and we can play with 200 players and see whos best. There is no middle road. Only way to get people to play and to stay is to make sure alliances kicks the crap out of solos every freaking time!

You dont like it? I have nothing against solos, I have played my rounds as solo multiple times. It just doesnt mean I would let how easy it was to play solo to cloud my judgement for what is best for this game.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah, cause letting a defending solo get AR mod is sooo going to make solos overpowered :roll:
Would this change really make many people prefer solo to allied?

Im for suggestion, let defending solo get AR mod as if they were defending themselves.

Flip

Weeder
Total ticks whilst "online": 3,418 21

I'm active, I'm a good player and I've been playing for a long time. and tbh i prefer alliance play.

In one post you say solo should only exist untill that person can get in an alliance, Which is just bullshit. You have 2 types of play, Alliance and solo, no matter which you play or which you prefer, they need to be balanced. Solos get AR from defending, Whats so different about defending your pnap?