Age of Empires II

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I have said I am ready to proove I am wrong, You cant cheat in AoE ANY way without leaving traces of it to recordings. Have you even tried to ask me for those recordings?

Have you even tried to proove me to be guilty or just came here to throw your whines and accusations? When did innocent untill proven guilty died? That is immaturity!! You accuse without prooves and ask others to follow you, yet you dont even try to find out if you are right. That is simply nothing else but being sore loser and immature one!!

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Recording a game now proves NOTHING. Recording a game now proves you didn't cheat etc. in said game.

I don't want to prove you are cheating. But I think you are. I have stated my express opinion you are. I have also stated I will not be playing with you again, and offered my advice that others do the same. All of this I am entitled to do.

Stop arguing a fruitless case and grow the hell up.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I play you, I play against you and Hobbe together and we can record it and I can still beat you and you can watch that recording and say "WTF he doesnt cheat".

You even asked that? You think I cheat then why you dont record games? If your basing your stuff on one game then your even bigger idiot than I thought, if you base it on multiple games I have played then why you didnt ever record those games?

You show huge immturity by coming here after you have done nothing to proove me guilty and then whining how you lost to me. You ever played any FPS where kids starts to whine how your using aimbot and cheating after you kill em? That kid is you!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
PM may be better for this disagreement fellas :p

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Pfft MattM being a sore loser :p

I'm not surprised BW is beating you all, he played Starcraft first. After SC any RTS game is a walk in the park!

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
The long awaited BlackWolf vs Martin game took place tonight :O

I believe BW was the victor!

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Lets give a bit more details to that...

Martin(Huns) vs. BlackWolf(Azteks)

Round 1.
After long wait we finally found a way for Martin to play this beloved game, unfortunately we despite having lots of people online didnt get others exitied enought of the opportunity to play with Martin, so decided to go and find out how good long praised Martin actually is at 1v1 play.

First game started on huge beautiful island surrounded by water at all sides, which was fast used by Martin as his main food supply. In meanwhile BW struggled between playing or surrendering due getting one of 2 worst races in game... not a good start for him. Despite hes very possible failure BW decided to continue cause of Martins long time of no play, at least Martin could warm up for real match then if such would happen in future.

Soon after start Martins scouts ran to BWs base and BW responded by scouting with eagle warriors. Both lost their scouts to base defences very fast and were stuck on not knowing what other side was doing. Martin decided to go for huge cavalry and archer army and rush directly to BWs castle to kill BWs belowed king. His plan was made to work by building 7 stables and 6 archery ranges. Being horse heavy Huns and not needing to worry of houses for hes people and having sea full of fishing ships producing his majority of food he was well set for a good and strong cavalry campaign.

In meanwhile BW knew he was huge underdog in the battle and went for extended stone mining and fast builded 3 more castles 2 to cover hes entrances and one for back of the base. Same time turning barracks to eagle warrior factory starting to harass Martins civilians. With small eagle warrior army BW managed to kill civilians of one gold mine and some woodcutters. This resulted in angerment and ferocious unit production from Martins side. Soon after when BW managed to make next group of eagle warriors and after long run bring them to martins base, hes base was simultaneously attacked by huge army of Martins.

Battle happend at 2 fronts. While in Martins base small but tough group of eagle warriors were causing havoc among Martins resourse producting civilians, were Martin on full charge with his army to BWs main castle. BW fast started to produce more basic units to cover his poor base from army that like a huge wave pushed its way to his base. BWs main castle was assaulted by Martins army soon after the army entered to BWs grounds, battle was short, bloody and total mayhem. BWs squirmishers and pikemen were fast assembled to help castle while sound of bell rang throught out whole town calling civilians to battlestations. Civilians ran like rabbits for cover and to help defending their castle, loved king and way of life. This put Martins cavalry army to reach of 3 of BWs castles and one town center which at help of pikemen and squirms despite of the overwhelming numbers of Martins cavalry and group of evil archers were soon destroyed. But it all came at cost of the castle which before burning down evacuated King and civilians from inside of it.

It is too bad that Martins concentration were divided between hes own base and hes army and he didnt notice running king. Before he had time to kill pants pissing ass on fire running king of BWs, hes forces were no more. With same time crippled resourse gathering and massive still alive army of BWs units which had suffered total of 5 losses to about 60 of Martins the game was pretty clear and Martin despite his still very alive and flourishing base fast surrendered.

Martin(turks) vs. BlackWolf(chinese)
Round 2

After game Martin ensisted remach but on his therms, playing mode where game would be played without kings at all and start with much less resources. After telling how he had not ever played such mode BW still accepted the challenge and game started.

This time the scene was cold wintery land map. With ofc. slower start due lack of civilians both teams builded up their bases very conventional way. BW managing to push his civilians bit harder got a small lead in resourses and units. Techs were about equal but BW managed to rush to higher ages always 1-2 minutes sooner.

Starting ages were very calm on both sides. After fast scouting both were too consumed to build up their resourse base for steady late game for much to happen.

This time BW had cavalry type of units in his reach and right after going to castle age Martin was facing his famous knights first time. Army of huge 2 shiny armoured knights galloped to Martins base slaughtering few civilians and then soon after dieing to Martins fast produced army of camel and few pikemen. Soon after that BW tried bit more cunningly to strike from front with army of pikemen and squirmishers, ending up to get stuck to gold mine and losing that army very fast, while sneaking from behind with group of knights. After short battle if it can be called battle and not bloodbath were BWs army spread all over the battlefield in small pieces and Martins forces charged to the back of his base to save his structures. Without much of a struggle Martin slaughtered all what BW had sent to that attack.

Mean while BW fortified his base and strengthened his gold mining groups fast consuming majority of maps goldmines for his evil doings and started to produce units with his assembly line methods. 3rd attack from BW was performed same way as former but this time main army of cavalry forces striking from front and from behind came in rather small but cunning army of pikemen and squirmishers. On the way to Martins base BWs Cavalry encountered Martins main army and after small encounter Martin decided to instead of about 1:1 fight, where winner was uncertain, instead smartly run for reach of his castle, which was not far, to get upper hand on enemy units. This was encountered by BWs sly move, by following Martins units untill reaching near distance of that castle and then turning south and running past it to slaughter woodcutting grew of Martins.

Martin was forced to follow BWs units, which caused his faster units and slower units to separate. These now 2 armies arrived at scene at different times and even together as strong or maybe even stronger. Now being both smaller in size got fast demolished by BWs knights. After of these fast encounters BWs still strong cavalry killed majority of Martins woodcutters and run to slaghter his farming grews.

In meanwhile BWs 2nd army encountered no resistance at all in the back gate of Martins base. After short moments BWs cavalry had demolished all civilians at front and ran to back of the base to help to demolish Martins structures. As Martin was left with next to no standing civilians and no army, while BW was demolishing his back end of the base with both groups and losing unit constructing buildings left and right Martin went for last attempt to regain his base and drive evil enemy away. He fast builded army of the remainings of resourses he got. Martins army was maybe small but it had nothing to lose fighting for its life and homes. Martins units charged against forces of BW. Battle was short and bloody, both sides suffered heavy losses. Despite of hes noble cause was Martins army once again striked down one by one and remainants of BWs army stood on the ground of the battle as winners.

During this time BW had not just watched his fighting but builded another army of much larger size which had now travelled to Martins base and arrived at the furthest buildings of Martins at the time of last battle. Martin realized even if he had won that battle he couldnt have won that war against such enemy. Martin took out his white flag and fast surrendered in front of superior enemy and BW was victorious again.

Thank you Martin of great games I am sure you can do better if you get bit more training before we encounter again. You belong to top end of players among bushtarion of this game.

Last edited:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Very well written story of what happened. I think you are doing me too many favours with our 'battles' as you crushed me with overwhelming forces in both maps. I conceed I am out of practice a bit but I haven't played anyone who can build cheap armies so fast, nor seen it's efficiency. I will change my tactics to fight you next time, but openly conceed to be beating by a far more superior opponent. :)

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
CF & BW & MattM vs Vilpeers & Mikey & MeMo- for the pride of Bushtarion

A three-on-three to test the skills of Bushtarion against the rest of the world. Ended up on an island map, and with two of our opponents as the Huns and Japanese, we prepared for rushes by building palisade over the river fords.
We were out-teched to the feudal age by two of the opponents, before one dropped out due to conenctivity issues. By this time, CF & MattM were being galley-rushed, and BW had incoming hits from Men-at-Arms and assorted archers.
Despite beating these back and teching Feudal, we were beaten to the castle age- disastrously. BW was castle-rushed by Vilpeers, and MattM was castle-rushed by MeMo. CF, annoying galley rushes aside, was better protected and able to grow a little- although had no sizeable force as he was continually backing up MattM & BW in fighting for their survival. By the mid-castle, MattM had 2 castles to attend with, and more worryingly, BW had been completely beaten out of his base by Vilpeers, and had to flee to CF's island for brief respite. CF & MattM succesfully beat off one of MeMo's castles but CF couldn't sustain a fight on two fronts- leading to an intrusion from Vilpeers ruining his economy.
With all three of us fleeing from our bases and having little or nothing in the way of an army to fight back Vilpeers, the game was up, and we resigned. Sorry for letting the side down guys :(

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
BUMP

Our numbers have dropped dramatically over the Summer. Only Lanky, BlackWolf and myself now regularly play.

We idle in #AoC and have a game at least once a day. If you want to join us you don't need a good spec pc! your grandmas PC will play this game!

Follow the instructions in my first post to get hold of GameRanger (the program we use to help connect for multiplayer games).

If you havent got Age of Empires or the conquerors expansion you can get hold of it ;) online very easily. I have to be pretty vague here as these forums don't condone such activity! But you can find AoC torrents.

You need version 1.0c to play with the rest of us. PM me on IRC for further details :)

-

If you HAVE AoC and used to play with us earlier this year, COME BACK, you're missed :(

Tis good fun :)

Last edited:

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
just created an account on GameRangers

fRe3kiLL

:p
only d/l the game now, so might be some time before i join, but hope to see u all soon :)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Good stuff :)

Random screen:

Age%20of%20Empires%202.jpg

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'll join in when my new PC comes, and I will spread fear of the Saracens to all! Or the parrot-like Aztecs. Rofl.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
MATCH: DA & HOBBS VS LANKY AND CF

Winners: DA & Hobbs

-

The game started quickly. DA had the immediate advantage in that he cheekily waltz'd over to Lanky's based and walled off the majority of Lanky's base gold mines. CF relentlessly attacked Hobbs, killing him early on. Thankfully Hobbs had a few Hussars handy, and managed to kill Lanky's king whilst being killed at home by CF.

Hobbs fled to DA's moderately well fortified base, however DA lingered too long and didn't have a sufficient army to fend off the mass of troops CF sent his way. His castle quickly down, DA fled his king to Hobb's transport, tucked away in the safety of Hobbs still massive navy. It was like a warm blanket, a mother's womb. Thankfully, though, he'd thought ahead and let CF take the bait that was his base. He forged, in secret, 6 trebuchets and a handful of Paladins. He loaded these onto a small number of transports he had waiting south of his base. He then sent these to the top of the map, and unloaded them strategically within sight of CF's castle + king.

Within 30 seconds the trebs were firing, and the King fled the castle. The Paladins quickly hunted down the king and ended the game.

All hope was at one point lost. All glory a diminishing light at the end the tunnel. But it was not to be. DA pulled out the stops and with the help of Hobbs, gained victory over his foes.

(Actual events may have varied slightly - Spoke of myself in the 3rd person for dramatic effect.)

I love going back in this thread and reading the old battle narratives. Epic :p

Elevnos

BANNED
I'd play at any time it's just whenever I go on #AoC nobody is on though I must warn you I'm not that good, I have been slacking off and playing CBA alot recently

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
[13:33] * DA changes topic to '18 DAYS TIL CF HAS A-OH-C ||Christmas Game of AoC - 18th December || Be There || Or || Be Square - 7pm GMT / IN: DA, Lanky, CF, Changer, Elevnos, MattM, BlackWolf, ?, ?'

xmas-3.jpg

Last edited: