Scum of the Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
I do think that Polo coming here and posting a long speech after what went down last week is ironic to say the least, Drama queening at best.

Did you guys even give Azzer a chance to respond before you took it public? just curious, because that weighs on opinons as well especially as Polo is a moderator and should know better.

Yes it's despicable, but it's not surprising, and it's not like they started out with that tactic. As much as I love almost everyone in ReRR, none of you have the right to cry foul.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You're right, lying. They couldn't do something like that. - Quite unlike what they just did less than a week ago? :p

There's a difference between leaving your alliance and hitting it for fun in-game, and making up stories of illegal activity. If you can't see that, you're more of a retard then I already thought you were.

Elle

Planter
I've always asked myself, "I wonder how many players in the bushtarion community were dropped on their heads as infants?"

And now I have my answer.

What a completely inconsiderate and disrespectful thing to do.

It doesn't matter if you were drunk, or if you were just joking. The bottom line is that some asshat decided to take it one step too far and that caused problems in someone's personal life, which is wrong. You do not go around ****ing with other people's lives.

I would say grow up and think before you act, but obviously the people that did this don't have the sense god gave a billy goat.

You should be ashamed of yourselves, and more importantly I think this deserves more than a slap on the wrist or a "warning" because it seems that it's been done before.

Ffs Azzer, strike fear into the hearts of the players, otherwise people will continue to think that you're a pussy.

darkmane

Planter
Here is my question:

What the HELL are you doing waking up to pranks when you're spending the night with your girlfriend. It sounds to me like YOU are the inconsiderate ones.

PRIORITIZE!

Ahead

Head Gardener
You're right, lying. They couldn't do something like that. - Quite unlike what they just did less than a week ago? :p

There's a difference between leaving your alliance and hitting it for fun in-game, and making up stories of illegal activity. If you can't see that, you're more of a retard then I already thought you were.

And if we have evidence that one of their members IS in fact making up stories of this "illegal" activity. What then?

Also 'rofl' & 'idd' @ Darkmane and Matthew :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

And if we have evidence that one of their members IS in fact making up stories of this "illegal" activity. What then?

Also 'rofl' & 'idd' @ Darkmane and Matthew :p

Depends on the extent of the evidence. If it proves that the entire thing is a hoax designed to draw attention away from RRR so they can rebuild their troops instead of fight the resistance, then shame on them. But I'm going to take a wild guess and say that your evidence is probably just against one specific case, rather than disproving the entire event. I simply find it impossible to believe that an entire alliance would go to these lengths...and for what?

Franny

Head Gardener
I'd just like to try and put my point across (and get flamed whilst doing so), yeah i think its a shitty thing. However...

I read the other thread about what RRR did and saw posts that said that certain members had planned to leave the alliance before the round had even been made. So when i was playing hardcore the first bit of the round, i saw how stupidly active RRR was. Right so these people that got kicked and raped from the alliance from a month of there lives to 24/7 contactability, phone bills that got racked up by it, distrupting there own sleeping patterns and then been shat on at the end, but its ingame so its alright? Its a joke? Is it bollocks. I dont know about anybody else, but if i play this game active, then my mood depends on how bushtarion is going. It turns into my life (Which is why i stop when rank 1 is decided :p)
So for some group of absolute ****s to come along and ruin all that hard work and dedication. For LulZ is bollocks and to be quite honest i dont buy it.

So if you cant make sense of my post which quite frankly i can't here is a summary:

1 Month(ish) of prank calling whilst your sleeping/out/whatever

comapred to

1/2 days/nights boo ****ing hoo?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Arguably i'd say the chief difference is that one is legal, the other is not? one is ingame, the other is not? One is playing a game to it's limits, the other is taking ingame irritation way out of game and using it to interfere with people's personal lives. There is a huge difference to giving out your number to your alliance, and letting the general playerbase have it for their own personal amusement. And as for those of you who say 'well you don't have to give out your number' you're just plain wrong. In ftw alliances you don't really have a choice, unless you're actually glued to a computer 24/7.

There is a difference between real life and bushtarion, even though you may not see it Franny. At least you agree it's a shitty thing to do ;)

i deleted it

In the Go Advanced options for posts you can delete your own posts I believe.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Franny,

First I just want to address your comparison:

If it wasn't reported immediately, who knows how many times or how long the pranking would happen/go on? You only know of a few because it was acted upon immediately. Rightfully so.

Comparing waking up for your ally to RL harassment isn't really an equitable comparison. Using faulty logic like that could easily lead to 'Hey, Japanese, stop crying. Hiroshima ended in an instant, whereas the holocaust lasted for years. Boo Frickin Hoo.'

Both cases were tragedy. In your comparison, both sets of lives have been disrupted. But it's not that ReRR don't have a right to complain about RL harassment, it's that the other RRR members have reason to be bitter about the situation.

If you are saying boohoo in regards to the thread creation, then feel free to disregard the rest of the post as it doesn't apply. I'm not supporting the thread creation with this post.

If you don't think they should have reported the incident to Azzer at all, then by all means read on.

there is a difference in being woken up for your alliance sporadically and some dickhead calling multiple times while you are asleep for the purpose of making you tired/unable to wake up.

I don't know which members were called or have any record of how often, but instead I offer:

*being woken for defense 2-3txts/2-3 pranks for 1 instance of inc. they happen pretty simultaneously. you wake up (or don't) and send out or send D. then 9 times out of 10 there is no need to be pranked/txt'd again for 90min-2hrs+ at minimum! usually longer if a fight happens, plus this resistance rarely if ever re-attacked the moment our troops were home.

*being woken up as a joke 1x not so bad. but the talk was doing it on a regular schedule, usually giving the party just enough time to head back to bed, for the purpose of them no longer responding.

If you can't comprehend the difference between 'what was agreed to' for the purposes of giving out a contact number INSIDE that alliance, from someone OUTSIDE that alliance obtaining their number with the INTENT of DISRUPTING their RL, then I can't really break it down for you.

If people were pranked from outside their alliance, they were right to bring it up to Azzer. I'm not saying people should go off about every wrong number either, however, I'm fairly certain this time pranking did happen from people inside this game.

Ahead

Head Gardener
The RRR members that split and attacked us interfered with my real life situations at the time too. However, they were aware of this before they did it (I had told members about it the night before). Surely that's the same?

Also, I agree with Franny's whole post, definitely couldn't have put it better myself.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The RRR members that split and attacked us interfered with my real life situations at the time too. However, they were aware of this before they did it (I had told members about it the night before). Surely that's the same.

1same Pronunciation: \ˈsām\ Function:adjective Etymology:Middle English, from Old Norse samr; akin to Old High German sama same, Latin simulis like, simul together, at the same time, similis like, sem- one, Greek homos same, hama together, hen-, heis oneDate:13th century 1 a: resembling in every relevant respect b: conforming in every respect —used with as

b: being the one under discussion or already referred to3: corresponding so closely as to be indistinguishable

In the immortal words of Sesame Street

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
yeah because getting pranked because you're under attack is totally the same as getting pranked simply to make you tired and not want to wake up. Riiiiight.....

As for your specific situation, it's not like we deliberately chose the night right before your exam simply to get you and make you tired and irritable and unable to concentrate throughout your exam. yeah we're definitely that vindictive, we chose that night because everyone was available for it. We in fact had tried to get off the ground the week before but some of us couldn't make it. Don't try to confuse the issue here.... You guys seem unable to distinguish the difference between ingame and out-of-game.

However, RRR members have been misleading people with false accusations. Although in the outside world this isn't as bad as the 'pranking-gate' scandal, ruining people's reputations is not great either.

This should have been kept between Azzer and RRR/the offenders, not made into a public forum, especially at a time of resistance.

Pranking-gate. Hilarious Lordie :D I do also agree it shouldn't have been brought to the public forum, but that's wishful thinking on the part of general forum users :p

Lordie

Planter
Thoughts echoed - low tactics whoever did this.

However, RRR members have been misleading people with false accusations. Although in the outside world this isn't as bad as the 'prankining-gate' scandal, ruining people's reputations is not great either.

This should have been kept between Azzer and RRR/the offenders, not made into a public forum, especially at a time of resistance.

I love you RRR, and feel sorry for the annoyance of these phone calls - but don't point the finger if all you want to do is manipulate the information.

Lordie.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

yup. indeed.

*again, sniping about the fact this thread was made isn't the issue I'm addressing*

The RRR members that split and attacked us interfered with my real life situations at the time too. However, they were aware of this before they did it (I had told members about it the night before). Surely that's the same?

Also, I agree with Franny's whole post, definitely couldn't have put it better myself.

the game. rl takes precedence right? if you are unable to come on for whatever reason, it's your reason to not come on. no one says that you have to be contactable. no one said you had to drop your RL engagement to come on and defend/do whatever. no one said that the game stops when you are dealing with rl. you just miss out on the ticks that happen. if you signed up to be contactable for the game, then you extended your RL # for the purposes of the game for 'your' 'ally mates' and trust them to make the right decision.

someone, be they ex ally mates or otherwise, has your # and decides to call you. they decide to call you in the middle of the night. you didn't invite this random call from a stranger, and if it's an ex ally mate the agreement of contactability pretty much comes to a close as common sense. You did not invite someone into your private life to be interrupted whenever this 'someone' chooses.

Did your ex ally mates call you to come on or did one of your remaining people call you? If you weren't called at all, then how were you disturbed from your RL events? I believe we've proven over the years, time and time again... RL events have little impact on the game (wish I could link 'problemsolved's' whiny post about being attacked while trying to watch 'liveaid'... old forums gone :( )

But because people decided to make personal attacks via the phone the game element was removed entirely and moved into harassment territory.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Morale of the story...don't give your number to strangers????

I don't agree with what was done, but kinda strap a pair of balls on please!

You give your number out on the internet, deal with the consequences!

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I have to apologise to Ahead. Due to being tired and pissed off with the pranking, I misunderstood what some members of my alliance said. Ahead didn't prank icy, merely highlighted him on irc to try and wake him up (still a low tactic btw) and it wasn't Ahead who pranked Lukey either. I admit I was wrong to accuse him and I am sincerely sorry for that.

However, that does not detract from my post in anyway. Lukey, Bubbles and I received pranks from players outside our own alliance. I don't know specifically the people who did prank us but I can only assume it was those that were planning to do so in the IRC logs.

Anyone saying we're overreacting or saying we deserved it for leaving and killing the other members of RapeRinseRepeat - you seriously need to take an unbiased look at the situation. Leaving and killing you own alliance is something that has happened many times before and I've never seen such an outcry when it has happened before. Sure, deleting contacts wasn't the nicest thing to do - but it's certainly not the worst (or anywhere near the worst) 'tactic' used in this game. What these people did is illegal - read up on cyber stalking and harrassment if you think otherwise. To whoever said we're overreacting because it only happened a couple of nights - should we allow ourselves to be sleep deprived for longer just so we're not seen as 'overreacting'? Hell no. I wouldn't have been at all surprised if this had continued for a lot longer otherwise. In fact, I was pranked after having posted this thread.

To those who said this should have been kept between us and Azzer: no way. The rest of the community deserve to be informed of the actions of these scumbags for two reasons. One, so they know actions like these are not acceptable and won't be tolerated. Two, so they know how low some of the players are and know what they're letting themselves in for if they associate themselves with said players.

Finally, I'd like to echo the words of some other people who posted in this thread. A 24 hour lock is in no way a severe enough punishment for the players who did this. Personally, I think they should be banned for the rest of the round, if not permanently banned. There is precedent on this situation - badforu/AD was perma banned for pranking people like this (however, it turns out permanent isn't permanent as he's allowed to play - and cheat - still).

Ahead

Head Gardener
the game. rl takes precedence right? if you are unable to come on for whatever reason, it's your reason to not come on. no one says that you have to be contactable. no one said you had to drop your RL engagement to come on and defend/do whatever. no one said that the game stops when you are dealing with rl. you just miss out on the ticks that happen. if you signed up to be contactable for the game, then you extended your RL # for the purposes of the game for 'your' 'ally mates' and trust them to make the right decision.

Lukey didn't have to come online when he was pranked. He moaned about it, I did not moan about mine until I was forced to by other people moaning. Therefore if he doesn't need to be contactable or come online when pranked there isn't even an issue here?

someone, be they ex ally mates or otherwise, has your # and decides to call you. they decide to call you in the middle of the night. you didn't invite this random call from a stranger, and if it's an ex ally mate the agreement of contactability pretty much comes to a close as common sense. You did not invite someone into your private life to be interrupted whenever this 'someone' chooses.

I did not invite them to leave that night. They did it full well knowing my situation and the consequences. It's the same thing. Any old incoming - fair enough. Some incoming planned by people from my alliance - not fair enough.

Edit to save double post:

I have to apologise to Ahead. Due to being tired and pissed off with the pranking, I misunderstood what some members of my alliance said. Ahead didn't prank icy, merely highlighted him on irc to try and wake him up (still a low tactic btw) and it wasn't Ahead who pranked Lukey either. I admit I was wrong to accuse him and I am sincerely sorry for that.

Apology accepted however you weren't the only person to accuse me. IRC logs from earlier today (I edited out the player in my alliance's name and my phone number ofc :p):

IRC said:
<LukeyTired> xxx
<LukeyTired> 07xxxxxxxxx
<xxx> ??
<LukeyTired> that number anyone in your ally
<LukeyTired> they pranked me like 5 - 10 time
<LukeyTired> someone thought it was ahead
<LukeyTired> can you double chek plx

That was in fact my number (unsurprising as people in RRR more than likely do have it, something that does not bother me really) but the fact is Lukey lied. My number did NOT prank him, just as you confirmed Polo. I have proof from my network provider too and Azzer also seems to think I did not. So how did these magical missed calls get onto Lukey's phone when I don't even have his number? If RebelRR are taking this as a serious "illegal" act, I am taking this seriously as a false, made up accusation of myself commiting an "illegal act". I hope that Lukey will therefore face the same punishment that the people that did actually prank you will face. False accusations (that the accuser has obviously made up) are just as serious and severe as actual illegal acts.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I did not invite them to leave that night. They did it full well knowing my situation and the consequences. It's the same thing. Any old incoming - fair enough. Some incoming planned by people from my alliance - not fair enough.

But surely you were pranked on by one of the remaining RaRR members, not by someone outside the alliance who pranked you repeatedly to wake you up? Can you not see the difference here? It'd be like if the night/day before we launched our strike/backstab; we gave your number to one of our friends and had them prank you every 30 minutes so you'd be exhausted/angry/turn off your phone or whatever so then you wouldn't be able to function during our attack.

Instead we left the ally, launched an attack; and you were pranked on by your own ally. Is that not correct? If it's wrong please correct me but the two circumstances have nothing to do with the other... i'm sorry you got pranked the night before your exam, but those are the breaks to being in an alliance where you give out your phone number and say you're contactable. Right? Just consider it a kind of resistance attack ;)

*goes off singing Sesame Street*

If you were falsely accused then so be it; that's almost as lame :(

Last edited:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Firstly I wish to state an opinion, because I'm a loud mouthed Yob of a chump. The accusation in question is a disgusting thing to do, I'm people know my stance with contactability and can appreciate it really does make my blood boil. Although I did not receive any pranks, so maybe those involved realise that which is why I was not involved with any 'pranks' - who knows. I also cannot see any proof anyone was pranked, but Lukey did text me asking why he was pranked once and I got no idea who it was and I deleted his message because I always clear my phone inbox of Bushy stuff. I do remember it being an 0031 number though?
I also have seen the logs and was informed of the information as soon as it was discussed and since then, as said Bubbles, Polo and Lukey have been pranked. Although someone did inform me that Ahead's number was one of them (as I made a joke about him being an idiot for not withholding his number!). Although it seems now that accusation has been receeded? So who knows what to believe.

I do not feel that *any* ingame behaviour warrants a retaliation of this calibre as it is pathetic being pretty much all else in my eyes.

Set examples with bans.
Will stop it in the future.

I had this a few rounds back but i blocked their number.

I definatly agree, but the issue is to prove this, as Azzer cannot check call logs made from phones so a stalemate is mate. Everyone has to be given the benefit of the doubt for several reasons. Innocent until proven guilty?

For the record the LT was set before we knew when your exam was, it wasn't done to spite you at all. It was just a time we were all able to 'mobilise' ourselves.

What concerns me is Azzer's temperament to these things, the playerbase is dwindling and he needs to keep his players/income so will be reluctant to perma-ban anyone. What I would plead is that any behaviour like this is not warned. It is socially unaccepted and is 100% obvious what the stance of this should be ingame as well. Delete an account for one round if you must. Punishments must be severe and swift.
That is in no way a dig at Azzer as an admin, unfortunatly he is a devil if he does what half of us want, or a devil if he doesn't. I just hope he goes with the half that share my view with the punishment.

I would also ask those who joked about it, did it, thought of doing it, asked someone else to do it. Just to please f**king grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.