• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Unit to help you catch somebody going in sleep

septimus

Harvester
Would it work both ways? I mean, as someone that has used sleep mode fairly regularly this round a unit like this would be a bit annoying, unless I could use that unit in Defense so the attacker then can't recall regardless of what he is up against? Like massive D, or SAS?

TaO

Tree Surgeon
I dont see the use of a unit like this :(

Everyone is able to develop them, so is the guy hitting sleep mode.
Now what is the use of this unit when the guy hitting sleep mode has the same unit?
Just send the unit out aswell, and still be unable to catch??
Its not like you care much about the 15% of seed income during this 8 hour sleep period.

So, is it just me? am i the only seeing the uselessness of unit?

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
I dont see the use of a unit like this :(

Everyone is able to develop them, so is the guy hitting sleep mode.
Now what is the use of this unit when the guy hitting sleep mode has the same unit?
Just send the unit out aswell, and still be unable to catch??
Its not like you care much about the 15% of seed income during this 8 hour sleep period.

So, is it just me? am i the only seeing the uselessness of unit?

Nope, that was my first though as well.

septimus

Harvester
I didn't think about the uselessness, I just looked at the other potential downsides IE how this could effectively eliminate the value in being in an ally(Someone attacks you, sends these units at 4 people in your ally that can beat them, all of a sudden you can't be defended etc).

Either way I see no real benefit in the unit.

Matthew

BANNED
dont think the eta 20 unit will make a difference as they will have it as well and send that out to government also. So you still can't attack them, its hardly a solution to the problem.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Simple solution to the guy sleeping being able to use it...
The unit can only be sent to attack ;)

[Thinking]

Pruner
I really do not see the need for a unit like this. I have only used sleep mode once that I can remember and that was because I was going out of town for 5 days. Why can an inactive person not log in attack with troops and then hit sleep without the worries of logging in to nothing, or for the reason I did so myself?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I don't like this :\ Cause when people send away and go into sleep mode it's obviously because they don't want to die and.. if there were eta 20 units, there'd be nothing the victim can do about it

JJB

Harvester
yh i agree the unit would defeat the main purpose sleep is now used 4
most ppl go into sleep after getting zeroed to prevent constant waving

septimus

Harvester
It would also make allies useless, what's to stop 4 guys from each sending 5 mobs out with this unit at one ally, so all 20 members of said ally are occupied, and unable to defend the real INC?

aGit

Harvester
havent read this thread and im not sure if cheeses original post was just a troll. But why should there be a unit that could possibly destroy a player who just entered sleep? the whole purpose of sleep imo is to prevent this and it gives you worry-free time from bushtarion when vacationing or otherwise occupied.

i just dont get it.