Resistance? BR?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
you have to think it's all about keeping score down for targets don't ya

Well you would say that here, but I bet that isn't what they were saying in your alliance channel after the BR.

I prefer to think of it as idiocy, since thats what it is.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I never claimed to know motive. I didn't assume anything.

BR's are the GAME. I felt I had one worth showing off.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
i have no idea. probably not as bad as you might think since HQ troop loss doesn't seem to directly impact ally score (or at least i didn't notice). I think they accounted for about 600-700B of the losses.

So who pays for your HQ troops?

Garrett

Landscape Designer
that loss is already factored in. paid for a long time ago and recouped from bounty and other regrowing. shankya.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
that loss is already factored in. paid for a long time ago and recouped from bounty and other regrowing. shankya.

What a load of utter garbage. Using that logic, plenty of RRR's troops were bought 'a long time ago' and thus those losses don't count? Plus RRR as a whole has significantly more land than you do thus their growing is much greater.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
lol. such venom.

we had a BR, why all this equivocating and rationalization?

RRR is the rank 1 alliance. Check
This botch didn't change that. Check
You have more income. Yup

Knew all of that. Didn't argue any of that. The last and final fact that has any relevance is that the people that stayed got their teeth kicked in on that 1 tick. It was nice to have something go our way.

The only people you comfort with talk of money and other such things are yourselves. The rest of us pretty much don't care.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
lol. such venom.
In the words of the great Toby:
I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
we had a BR, why all this equivocating and rationalization?
I was pointing out the fact that your logic was utter rubbish. Never did I equivocate or rationalize the actions of any RRR players.
RRR is the rank 1 alliance. Check
This botch didn't change that. Check
You have more income. Yup
Correct.
Knew all of that. Didn't argue any of that. The last and final fact that has any relevance is that the people that stayed got their teeth kicked in on that 1 tick. It was nice to have something go our way.

The only people you comfort with talk of money and other such things are yourselves. The rest of us pretty much don't care.
You don't care yet you quickly pointed out (or tried to) that your losses weren't as significant because you lost HQ troops rather than normal troops. Right. OK?

Ahead

Head Gardener
I was merely saying that you didn't do as much damage to you as you did to us in value terms (after you brought it up), we did more significant damage in terms of proportion of overall size.

The calcs are here (use your common sense and make it to the correct factor of 10 if you are retarded and don't understand):

RRR losses as a proportion of ally value: 17942 / 822 = 21.827

Ail losses as a proportion of ally value: 5372 / 206 = 26.078

Taking nothing away it was ok defence, but had one of our members not made a mistake it would have been a lot closer / even.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
****ing christ people, it was a nicely epic BR, can we not enjoy that? :p There was a lot more to this BR than people simply ****ing up.

JJbrosandjl

Harvester
I was merely saying that you didn't do as much damage to you as you did to us in value terms (after you brought it up), we did more significant damage in terms of proportion of overall size.

The calcs are here (use your common sense and make it to the correct factor of 10 if you are retarded and don't understand):

RRR losses as a proportion of ally value: 17942 / 822 = 21.827

Ail losses as a proportion of ally value: 5372 / 206 = 26.078

Taking nothing away it was ok defence, but had one of our members not made a mistake it would have been a lot closer / even.

Just wanted to point out that RRR have a significantly higher land score. If you take that into account, the proportions of troops lost compared to entire alliance's troops would be in Aili's favor (I think, haven't bothered to calculate though)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

nah i was just reacting to the calls for this and that, someone said they did the math, i wanted them to share.

your side claimed this and that first, so i thought we were following the same old script.

had your guys not started throwing excuses, this would be over already... or rather wouldn't have started. my posts were that bullshit reflex. your side started equivocating first. claiming that losses aren't that bad.

what matters is the score at the end of the tick. 18B lost vs 5.3B lost for a tick we won. end of story. but if you all want to continue to post about this and that and equations and other irrelevant crap... then i'm going to dance all around that all day. it's funny.

:D

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
nah i was just reacting to the calls for this and that, someone said they did the math, i wanted them to share.

your side claimed this and that first, so i thought we were following the same old script.

had your guys not started throwing excuses, this would be over already... or rather wouldn't have started. my posts were that bullshit reflex. your side started equivocating first. claiming that losses aren't that bad.

what matters is the score at the end of the tick. 18B lost vs 5.3B lost for a tick we won. end of story. but if you all want to continue to post about this and that and equations and other irrelevant crap... then i'm going to dance all around that all day. it's funny.

:D

I think you'll find YOU STARTED IT. :p http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2761&page=10

What actually matters is everyone's score at the end of the round. Everything up until then is pretty irrelevant. It was a very nice BR (from your point of view especially) but ultimately I don't think anyone really gives a damn.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
****ing christ people, it was a nicely epic BR, can we not enjoy that? :p There was a lot more to this BR than people simply ****ing up.

Having not been involved i'll refrain from posting too much but as an outsider my thoughts are...

QFT this! ;)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
What actually matters is everyone's score at the end of the round. Everything up until then is pretty irrelevant. It was a very nice BR (from your point of view especially) but ultimately I don't think anyone really gives a damn.

Lies! I think the most important thing in the round is not my final score, but what I do with my ID during the round. To summarise, what is most important is what each of us considers to be the most important. You can't judge what's important for me :p

Also, I think you'll find that plenty of people give a damn. The people in your alliance that lost their troops being the first, and our alliance being the second.

And please don't start with the whole "we did it to lose score" because that's complete bollocks. I could probably dig up a load of posts from last round where TBA said the same thing and you laughed at them for talking complete bollocks :p

You won the round, so the least you can do is let us glory in our one moment of triumph.

:D <--- me glorying.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Lies! I think the most important thing in the round is not my final score, but what I do with my ID during the round. To summarise, what is most important is what each of us considers to be the most important. You can't judge what's important for me :p
I meant that in reply to Garrett saying the score at the end of that tick mattered. It doesn't. And score at the end of the round doesn't matter to me either.

Also, I think you'll find that plenty of people give a damn. The people in your alliance that lost their troops being the first, and our alliance being the second.
Are you going to remember this BR in rounds to come? I think not. Thus, it's not important. :p

And please don't start with the whole "we did it to lose score" because that's complete bollocks. I could probably dig up a load of posts from last round where TBA said the same thing and you laughed at them for talking complete bollocks :p

I didn't say that. I completely agree with you, anyone who uses that excuse is doing just that - making excuses. The only reason I even posted originally was because Garrett was talking complete bollocks in reference to your HQ troops.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I meant that in reply to Garrett saying the score at the end of that tick mattered. It doesn't. And score at the end of the round doesn't matter to me either.

Are you going to remember this BR in rounds to come? I think not. Thus, it's not important. :p

I didn't say that. I completely agree with you, anyone who uses that excuse is doing just that - making excuses. The only reason I even posted originally was because Garrett was talking complete bollocks in reference to your HQ troops.

I wasn't aiming the "we did it to lose score" thing at you, more at Zigzag.

And I probably will remember this BR in rounds to come. I have a very good memory for useless history (I can remember what routes all my allymates were in round 22, for example). It's just unfortunate that I can never remember anything of importance or relevance :p