I declare war on LOLcats.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I personally dont see the harm in it...very few people do it each round. And if someone wants to spend that much of their own money on units which when they die they cant get back...meh.

Just kill him on defence and be done with it! ;)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

ZOMG YOU ****ING GENIUS! Why didn't anyone else think of that? You just have to force him to stay on his attacks so he kills himself...

Because that's obviously how this game works.

Moron.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I personally dont see the harm in it...very few people do it each round. And if someone wants to spend that much of their own money on units which when they die they cant get back...meh.

well that's just it. if there is defense he's pulling.

it isn't a large # of people to be sure... and I'm sure azzer has appreciated all the BC's that it took to get there...

however, it is a way of being invincible and pretty much raping any 'lower' alliance of your choosing.

should we allow this gaming mechanism to continue so that 'lesser' allies are able to be drained dry without any hope of killing their attacker?

Here is the big contrast to me:

Solos - between sleepmode, AR, activity and some small planning... it can be very tough to score a successful hit.

Person solo or allied with < 10 acres - able to spend BC's and dev at will without any fear of being attacked. able to gain insurance for losses, kill off unwanted troops and never worry about being retaliated against when killing troops... again killing said troops (like all your lessers that you got for 'free') for cash

So what was intended as a safety valve (under 10 acre attack rule) and a fun but balanced leg up (game cash) have now become tools in which to CIRCUMVENT the INTENT of the game.

The intent (in my mind, lets not get into an argument of quotes/exactness) is to STRATEGICALLY find a balance between cultivating acres for income in order to buy troops for attacking and/or defending.

Buying game cash in order to hide behind the land limit rule is not against the rules, but against the nature of the game itself.

Therefore, I think it's a loophole that needs closing.

[edit] to be fair, i think darkmane's thread and quest is hilarious. i just don't think the loophole should continue.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Lol tobapopalos...you should be happier on your birthday.

I wasnt posting that as a serious suggestion...

Thanks though...;)

On-topic: Garrett is probably right, i guess the fact that not many people do it isnt enough of a reason not to change it. If its changed then i think the "unable to start devs" suggestion was probably the best. Thankyou Garrett for a sensible response. :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

well that's just it. if there is defense he's pulling.

it isn't a large # of people to be sure... and I'm sure azzer has appreciated all the BC's that it took to get there...

however, it is a way of being invincible and pretty much raping any 'lower' alliance of your choosing.

should we allow this gaming mechanism to continue so that 'lesser' allies are able to be drained dry without any hope of killing their attacker?

Here is the big contrast to me:

Solos - between sleepmode, AR, activity and some small planning... it can be very tough to score a successful hit.

Person solo or allied with < 10 acres - able to spend BC's and dev at will without any fear of being attacked. able to gain insurance for losses, kill off unwanted troops and never worry about being retaliated against when killing troops... again killing said troops (like all your lessers that you got for 'free') for cash

So what was intended as a safety valve (under 10 acre attack rule) and a fun but balanced leg up (game cash) have now become tools in which to CIRCUMVENT the INTENT of the game.

The intent (in my mind, lets not get into an argument of quotes/exactness) is to STRATEGICALLY find a balance between cultivating acres for income in order to buy troops for attacking and/or defending.

Buying game cash in order to hide behind the land limit rule is not against the rules, but against the nature of the game itself.

Therefore, I think it's a loophole that needs closing.

[edit] to be fair, i think darkmane's thread and quest is hilarious. i just don't think the loophole should continue.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Hit the nail square on the head Garrett, as usual ;)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Well, I doubt Azzer will change the rules just because one guy does a pure bountyhunter strategy...

And its not like vampires are invincible. As noted, a properly set up defense with fakes and reals will sooner or later take him by surprise, and even without that, just putting up plausible defense will get him bored after a while...

darkmane

Planter
Just a couple things -

It did take skill... and if not skill, at least time.

I spent 10 bush credits (the early bird one) to develop zombies. From that point, I built a horde of zombies and then, when I had enough, I suicided them for insurance money.

I continued this up and down cycle until I had enough saved to develop vampires. I then spent another 5 bush credits for the blueprint.

From that point, all I've done is attack for bounty and suicide lesser vampires for cash. It is not like I've spent money every week to do this...

You may not approve, but it is legal. You may not like it, but I do. I think it takes skill to consistantly choose targets at 50-90% of my score and make enough bounty to end up ahead. If it doesn't take skill, it certainly takes time.

EDIT:

I don't disagree with anything Garrett said. The reason I did this was because it was unusual. It has been a blast!

I don't intend to do this again in the future - while it is fun in some regards it can also be boring at times. To do the same thing over and over, round after round just doesn't work for me. My goal this round was to end up top 5 bounty hunting, top 5 bribing/converting, and top 100 with under 10 land...

If Azzer changes the rules, I would understand. If he doesn't, I'll keep enjoying myself!

darkmane

Planter
Something else:

It is not like I just attack lower alliances when I play. Last round I decided to take on SG by myself.

Why? I was bored. It was fun.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
*** This isn't against Darkmane in any way. I have strayed off topic.

if it was a pure BH strategy and he did it completely off the income of 9 acres, killing off staff for ins and seed thieves/money launderers....

then yes. I wouldn't say much.

But it's NOT. It's built off the back of BC's in a trade for an invunerability that is unattainable for anyone else that has already crossed the threshold.

It's like an invisible hitman that can never be found.

Sure DM is hitting an alliance... but he has hit and does hit and will hit solos. So how does the whole flippant response of 'l2defend noob' help.

even if someone very tiny does a rush on the top, the top can retal. or retals are allowed in general if the smaller one is the agressor.

There is no chance to get even. The only answer is activity.

You are telling me I shouldn't be able to seek revenge on an ID? I played the whole round, put time and effort into my ally and then i get zeroed.

I get 0'd by some douche who spent $100-200+ dollars and 2 hrs on the round.

But I don't get to enjoy the war game because I can't hunt my enemy down like the dog he is? No matter how bad I got mullered?

This is NOT a case of using better tactics. It is a case of abusing the game mechanics. The game mechanics allow it so fair dos and whatever, but the mechanics should be changed.

I should not be denied my right to vengence just because someone had cash to burn on the round.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
*** This isn't against Darkmane in any way. I have strayed off topic.

Indeed, he just happens to be the latest in a long line of people who's abused the loophole.

if it was a pure BH strategy and he did it completely off the income of 9 acres, killing off staff for ins and seed thieves/money launderers....

i'd be much more impressed if that were the case. Take some notes from DarkSider.

This is NOT a case of using better tactics. It is a case of abusing the game mechanics. The game mechanics allow it so fair dos and whatever, but the mechanics should be changed.

I should not be denied my right to vengence just because someone had cash to burn on the round.

Agreed.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
You may not approve, but it is legal. You may not like it, but I do.

Same could have been said about powerblocks before this round yes? Just because there are no rules about it *YET* doesn't mean it's OK to do it. Just like the member swapping between the different wings of TBA last round.

And here I thought you are some cool guy with a lot of balls.

Respect towards you have dropped :roll:

PS.
Azzer said:
so the 10 land rule doesn't really protect anybody at all, while it does offer room for abuse.

antisback

Head Gardener
tbh i've seen him do it first hand and it is quite impressive to watch.

as far as i'm aware he hasn't brought credits for a long while. no more than the average player over the course of the round either.

I just wish i had the dedication to pull it off.

On a side note i think the mechanics should be changed, but don't take it out on Darkmane - what he's doing if nothing else is good to watch. So enjoy it and maybe azzer will fix the loophole maybe he won't.

Good luck darkmane and if you portal for value on pure BH and coverts then you deserve player of the round

lavadog

Head Gardener
If he really only used 15 bc's, it's a pretty nice achievement imo, regardless of the 9 land-loophole.

darkmane

Planter
I think this thread went from fun (posting my pwnage) to productive, to be honest. If everyone agrees something is wrong and I was the one that showed it was a bit too abusable, it makes me feel better :p

I have not bought any credits since I started developing vampires. Spy me if you want to see some carnage :p

This funds my exercises:

[range] 1,916,055 hostile Bunker attacked, killing 1,077,786 allied staff.
[range] 18,922,214 allied Vampire attacked, killing 58,147,844 hostile staff.
[raised] 4,869,205 corpses twitched into life, becoming Lesser Vampire.

Died: 1,077,786 [£66,822,732,000] friendlies dead. 58,147,844 [£665,035,442,000] enemies dead.
Converted: 4,869,205 [£77,907,280,000] enemies converted.

You gained 1,030,262 effectiveness.
You earned £139,411,653,616 bounty.

[range] 5,000,000 hostile Secret Agent attacked, killing 1,369,797 allied staff.
[range] 21,130,203 allied Vampire attacked, killing 25,745,099 hostile staff.
[raised] 2,035,483 corpses twitched into life, becoming Lesser Vampire.
[range] 846,044 hostile Hooligan attacked, disabling 128,665 allied staff.
[range] 592,861 hostile Nutter attacked, disabling 56,429 allied staff.

Disabled: 185,094 [£11,475,828,000] friendlies disabled.
Died: 1,369,797 [£84,927,414,000] friendlies dead. 25,745,099 [£533,446,183,000] enemies dead.
Converted: 2,035,483 [£32,567,728,000] enemies converted.

You gained 818,446 effectiveness.
You earned £120,775,663,843 bounty.
You will soon be receiving £29,724,594,900 insurance.

[range] 2,000,000 hostile Bunker Buster attacked, killing 249,005 allied staff.
[range] 24,976,675 allied Vampire attacked, killing 51,651,350 hostile staff.
[raised] 3,217,320 corpses twitched into life, becoming Lesser Vampire.
[range] 162,693 hostile Sorcerer attacked, killing 144,690 allied staff.

Died: 393,695 [£24,409,090,000] friendlies dead. 51,651,350 [£819,436,062,000] enemies dead.
Converted: 3,217,320 [£51,477,120,000] enemies converted.

You gained 357,991 effectiveness.
You earned £131,441,037,735 bounty.
You will soon be receiving £8,543,181,500 insurance.

Not spending credits :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah i thought you had been buying max game cash every week...just buying those 15 and doing it is fairly impressive. If nothing else it must have taken alot of time. I doubt i could have done it, i'd have got bored and suicided or something stupid ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
yeah sorry for highjacking darkmane, but you knew i wasn't going after you, just the mechanics. i still enjoy your pwnage.

i did the whole 9 acre thing in hell round, just didn't bother to tech or be active after i got zombies. i just wanted zombies... then hell wanted me so i restarted.

my mission was to pwn all the little runts that have wtf scores on damage table because they have hurt a couple hundred to a couple hundred thousand worth of value and received none.

LOLz

Weeder
I read through this whole thread and the demise from people arse kissing you as a hero to rightly slagging your cowardly tactics was hilarious. LOLcats 1 Horde 1 ;)
So what, you attacked us 4/5 times? LOL You haven't been back though since we got our tactics right against you and stopped trying to defend on the 1st tick. You were easy and the only time you got lucky was when you managed to luckily guess who wasn't online and send on them. Even then you only stayed 1 tick. What a sad, boring excuse of a human being.

I did say at the start of this that you would land occasionly, but you would recall more than you landed, and that was the case. It's all very well posting BR when you've landed, but why haven't you told eveyone the AMOUNT of times you've actually launched on us? Not only are you a coward you don't tell the whole truth to make your pathetic self look better.

Same with the mob notes, why haven't you told everyone that you threatened my alliance and to do what you did if i didn't allow you to edit mob notes. There's not a decent leader in Bush that would respond to threats like that. You thought i would bend over and suck your dick because of your score LOL Idiot. Threats to get what you want are the tactics of cowards and terrorists, and anyone with even half a brain doesn't respond to them.

Fact is everyone had mob note editing permission the next day after i kicked you, because as i told you, i was already considering it.

And finally, you've just embarrassed yourself with this whole saga, and coming on here not telling the whole truth to make yourself look better has done more damage to your reputation than good.

Enjoy the rest of the round playing alone, desperately trying to save your vamps by picking easy alliance targets. Great way to play the game.

Coward.

darkmane

Planter
This is another reason I left - he is an idiot!

Of course I didn't land... I have 9 land. Think about it.

I recalled after the first tick every time. I'm glad you decided to stop defending the 2nd tick. All I was interested in doing was killing your offline members. I zero'd them (well, at least all the LET) in one tick. It turns out vampires don't fire the middle tick - why in GODS NAME would I stay?

I did recall many attacks. Half in fact. Did you notice my first attack always recalled and the second stayed? It is called gathering intel. You overdefend like nubs.... Attack once, figure out who is online. Attack the second time to kill someone that is offline.

I did stop attacking like three weeks ago. I killed every health-based person in your alliance >40% of my score.

I'm sorry, I'm not up for attacking a striker/apache, robo, or PoM player - that would be a big waste of my time. Send me a list of your alliance members sometime this week (the turnover has been huge, I've noticed) and I'll start attacking again if you like.

EDIT: I attacked 4-5 times and killed 7-8 members. Make sure you don't forget that. The others were out of range or - as I mentioned - all armor.

I'm also not playing alone - I'm in a much better organized alliance ranked higher than yours.

Last edited:

LOLz

Weeder
Wow, and YOU call ME an idiot.

The ONE and ONLY reason you WERE KICKED, is because i didn't cave into your pathetic, arrogant threat like you expected me to, which lead to you tossing your dummy out of the pram, recalling defence on a member that needed your defence at that time, an soon after being kicked.
How bitter are you? LOL
Quality. Declaring war on an alliance you were kicked from because you thought you could bully people due to you having a big score. As i said in my first post, you're just a petty, pathetic little coward. You are in this game and i expect you are in real life, if that's how you deal with certain situations.
And your comment about the 'huge turnover' LOL Yet another one of your little drama queen over dramatic statements. 15 members are still here from when you were in. Which leads me to 'sending you our ID list' LOL
Again trying to be the hard man. You come at us ANYTIME you pathetic little n00b.

And again, finally. You declare war on an alliance ranked 10/11 that you spent 3 weeks in and you know everything about. Ummm, as has already been pointed out by someone else, not really that great is it? Not as much as you seem to think anyway. You know who was the most active, when they were active - ie thier timezones, what routes we were AND you had 3/4 x more score than most of us who were playing the game properly, an we couldn't counter you..... nah you can try act the big bad man all you want, everyone knws it's not actually that great. But in your tiny, little petty mind it is though, so no doubt you'll carry this on and keep embarrassng yourself further.