• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Deleting an ID (cancellation warnings)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Wouldn't there be some fairly easy ways to abuse that? Like sending all your troops out, hitting delete, creating a new ID and then attacking your old ID for land. Or troop trading by attacking your old ID and letting it bribe your mob. That's just two ways I can think of right now.

Well if you can get a briber in 24 hours since creation and your old id still has troops worth bribing sure, but something tells me that's a bit hard :D

And sending out so you can land on the old id .. what's the problem with that ? The id is accessible to everybody, you get at most 1 grab, players leaving from an alliance already give their land to former ally, so beeing one of the many that can send a mob on your old account which has the troops out it's hardly a big deal imo.

Yang

Harvester
Or just have an easier option of "you can't attack your own ID" xD

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, that would pretty much solve all.

I think there are so many ways to make restarting easier with no downsides that something should definately be done! :D

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Wouldn't there be some fairly easy ways to abuse that? Like sending all your troops out, hitting delete, creating a new ID and then attacking your old ID for land. Or troop trading by attacking your old ID and letting it bribe your mob. That's just two ways I can think of right now.

Well if you can get a briber in 24 hours since creation and your old id still has troops worth bribing sure, but something tells me that's a bit hard :D

I think you misunderstood. You send attacks at your old ID so that the old ID can bribe troops. Might sound pointless but I bet some people would do it.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I did said if you wish to login in the old id the new one is gone instantly.
However i like more the suggestion to hardcode not to be able to attack your old id.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I did said if you wish to login in the old id the new one is gone instantly.

I still don't think you get what I was saying. Your original ID is a puppet master. You put it into delete and make a new ID. Then you dev hools or privates or whatever with your new ID, and then send them to your original ID so it can bribe the troops. Then you log back into your original ID and you have some nice new bribes. It doesn't matter if your new ID is gone, because you weren't intending to use it anyway.

Coding it so you can't attack your old ID would work.

Ahead

Head Gardener
Or have your old ID put into temporary sleep mode for 24 hours when you hit delete and you are able to create a new ID straight away (or an hour later)? So that if your account has been hacked for example, the ID is still in the database and can be saved, but you or anybody else can't attack your old ID. After the 24 hours of temporary sleep mode are up, that ID is deleted, as normal. Then if you change your mind and wish to go back to the other ID, you can but the new ID you made is deleted immediately.

An alternative solution to the "not able to hit your own ID" one.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I think the email confirmation is the simplest method. The others with old IDs in sleepmode, and new IDs immediately available but all the data saved is overcomplicating what could, and should be, a very simple process.

Nice imagination guys, but totally unnecessary.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Email confirmation is hardly useful as from what i recall Azzer said he put the 24 h mainly to help players not regret they deleted their id at a moment of anger. Confirmating with an email won't cover that :p

Ability to create new id right away and have the chance to change your mind in 24 hours it's the best compromise, if Azzer finds it hard to code or it's a 5 minute job for him it's entirelly his problem really, as i doubt many actually have a clue how much effort would take to implement that.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Email confirmation is hardly useful as from what i recall Azzer said he put the 24 h mainly to help players not regret they deleted their id at a moment of anger. Confirmating with an email won't cover that :p

tbh, if a player gets angry and sets their own ID into delete and then goes onto their emails and confirms it they have ABSOLUTELY no grounds to moan when their ID deletes.

Theres a point where people should have to just live with their actions ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

tbh, if a player gets angry and sets their own ID into delete and then goes onto their emails and confirms it they have ABSOLUTELY no grounds to moan when their ID deletes.

Theres a point where people should have to just live with their actions ;)

I'm inclined to agree with that.

Perhaps there would be some way of limiting the speed with which the email sends out. Perhaps like a 90 minute or 2 hour time delay? So that while it won't take 12-24 hours, it still gives you a half decent cooling off period. i have no idea if that is feasible but Ahead's suggestion was just too complicated, and I don't like the idea of having multiple IDs floating around. not one little bit.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
No, i'd rather see some sort of confirmation than 2 IDs in the same world (world 1) from 1 account.

Maybe you can set your ID into "Quick Restart" or something and it allows you to delete your ID quicker (allowing you to restart) but only when confirmed by Email. Once you've confirmed there is a ~2 hour wait before your ID actually deletes...

That way if you set your ID to delete normally you still have the 24 hours, but if you want to restart quickly you only have to wait 2 hours...and you still have that 2 hours to change your mind if you really want.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i think DS's idea about the instant restart with a new id on the old account is the most effective way to deal with the problem. whilst the old id is given 24 hours.

and if he does indeed code this suggestion i hope he doesnt forget to sort it so that award of three deletes in the round is still attainable

although email confirmation could prevent hacking, and be a further security measure, it still isnt quite as nice and tidy idea as the alternative suggested, imo.

and i think any ids that are restarted could always be flagged for scruiteny if they send attacks in that 24hr period, but in 24hrs i doubt u will have enough land troops and the necessary dev, to allow sending to a briber to be profitable or worthwhile for the time invested.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
although email confirmation could prevent hacking, and be a further security measure, it still isnt quite as nice and tidy idea as the alternative suggested, imo.

how in the name of the heavenly Howard is having two IDs, one in a form of 'sleepmode' tidier than an email confirmed delete?

not to mention people are far more experienced with email confirmations and stuff when playing games. rather than having to explain to them a whole new method of deleting ingame accounts. Can you imagine the confusion that will result?

Last edited:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah im with Alci on this one, a simple email is far less complicated. 1 Email, 1 click and its sorted...