• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Deleting an ID (cancellation warnings)

Yang

Harvester
Would it be possible to make the period shorter?

24 hours is a tedious wait..>.>, and especially when you log in by accident

antisback

Head Gardener
/me agrees

I did the same thing - it took me 36 hours to delete in the end.

I know why there's the delay but can we make it shorter & more difficult to cancel - ie. "Are you sure you wish to cancel delete mode?"

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
I thought if your ID was in delete, logging in took you to ID selection instead of directly into the ID..? Or did I imagine that?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I know why there's the delay but can we make it shorter & more difficult to cancel - ie. "Are you sure you wish to cancel delete mode?"

I think that's the best way of approaching the problem.

and yes Weeble it does, but some of us are retarded/ingrained habits and automatically click in our IDs :p

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Aha, I see :p
Since this thread actually has a lovely suggestion regarding delete mode 'cancelling'...

Moved to suggestions!

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Well, at least it is not 3 days like it was in the past. Usually, if you ask Azzer personally he will do it for you.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
What is the reason for it not being automatic again?

I know there was one...I just can't think of it :O

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I too agree 24 hours is far too long. I'd suggest making it 2-4 hours, or something equally as short.

If you set your ID to delete and your warned of the actual time of deletion, if you dont cancel it in time (when you clicked it in the first place) then its your own fault.

When you want to restart 24 hours is far too long to wait i think, being able to delete and get at least started in an evening would be good. And i cant think of a good reason why it is so long...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

So that if you got angry/upset about being zeroed, and decided to delete in a fit of anger, you had a 'cooling off period' in which you could reconsider your rash decision. At least that's one reason i heard for having a delete time.

And also if your account got hacked or you somehow lost control of it, someone couldn't just log on and delete all your hard work in an instant.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
And also if your account got hacked or you somehow lost control of it, someone couldn't just log on and delete all your hard work in an instant.

That is actually the only reason i can see for it being such a long delay. And i dont know if theres any way around it, but does this happen enough to be a reason against shortening the time?

Tbh i'd be for a 12 hour delay, then you can set it to delete in the evening ready to start playing again in the morning or vice versa.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

So that if you got angry/upset about being zeroed, and decided to delete in a fit of anger, you had a 'cooling off period' in which you could reconsider your rash decision. At least that's one reason i heard for having a delete time.

I agree with both points. They a both good reasons for making it take 24 hours to properly delete.

I was thinking 12 hours like Pinpower, but i now disagree with that (mainly because of Alci's reasons). However, i do think that a confirmation message should be brought up to help you prevent logging in by accident.

And if 24 hours seems a bit long, use it as an opportunity to do something else, like go out, or get some decent study done ;)

MiLK

Weeder

Perhaps there could be some form of email confirmation, or "secret question" (set up when you create the ID) you have to answer in order to immediately delete? That would get round the hacking issue.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Perhaps there could be some form of email confirmation, or "secret question" (set up when you create the ID) you have to answer in order to immediately delete? That would get round the hacking issue.

This is a good idea. E-mail confirmation sounds better though.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Definately! Email confirmation and 12 hours would be great!

Also,

timtadams said:
However, i do think that a confirmation message should be brought up to help you prevent logging in by accident.

I dont agree with this, if you have your ID set to delete and you log in it doesnt take you straight to overview it takes you to your ID selection (i deleted about 3 days ago) and you can clearly see your ID is delete so if you then go onto your overview its your own fault!

Yang

Harvester
No sometimes when you close the browser, when you rego onto the main Bushtarion login page, and the "Enter Overview" button comes up before you can even log in.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Aaah yes.. I got Azzer to change that a while back as it used to just take you straight to ID selection, even with only one ID.. he might've just forgotten about checking for potential deletes...

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I think the 24h should remain 24 h, but indeed sometimes you're damn sure you want to delete and those 24h take forever.

A solution would be to mark for deletion your current id and you get your 24h to change your mind, while you can also create a new id right away and if in those 24 hours you didn't cancel your first account deletion than your new one will be your only w1 id, if however you change your mind and go back in your old account your new one is instantly gone ( have to be a good security check here so you don't do the usual login steps and accidentaly login in old id).

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Wouldn't there be some fairly easy ways to abuse that? Like sending all your troops out, hitting delete, creating a new ID and then attacking your old ID for land. Or troop trading by attacking your old ID and letting it bribe your mob. That's just two ways I can think of right now.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Wouldn't there be some fairly easy ways to abuse that? Like sending all your troops out, hitting delete, creating a new ID and then attacking your old ID for land. Or troop trading by attacking your old ID and letting it bribe your mob. That's just two ways I can think of right now.

Yeah both those things would be a problem, but i do agree that there should be a quicker way of restarting later in the round.

I cant see any reason against having some sort of option for a quick delete with the added security of email confirmation or something...Cant think of any reason against that...?