• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Solo league

OK, I got this idea when I was writing a bit earlier.

Why aint there a solo league-alliancepage, where you can see all the best solos. Atleast I would love this Idea. a ranking system for the solo where you can see how many pnaps they have too,same idea like the alliance rankpage. You can be private or public. I think this would be very nice for solos and create more competion and excitment.

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Why aint there a solo league-alliancepage, where you can see all the best solos. Atleast I would love this Idea. a ranking system for the solo where you can see how many pnaps they have too,same idea like the alliance rankpage. You can be private or public. I think this would be very nice for solos and create more competion and excitment.

Yes, but then you would always win :(

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Haha, i wouldnt mind this but im not sure it would work. Its late right now for me, i know there is something, but i cba to think of it.

MAYBE, your rank as a solo could be available to yourself only. That way, every time ANK logs on he can see that awesome number one, and bath in his own awesomeness. And i wouldnt mind knowing my rank as a solo...

If it can work as a public list then even better :D

aGit

Harvester

it'd be abused to hell to find out solo ids and rapemassbash them to oblivion.

on another note, you've not been the highest solo for ages. and i seem to recall you saying the higher the rank better, thus you're no longer the best solo either *gasp*!

CFalcon

Official Helper
Edit: fine, this was all said while I was typing. Speedy buggers.

What timtadams said: make it so you can only see your rank. If you make it so you can see all the solos around you, at the start every decent alliance would have 1-2 members start solo, pick up that nice list of solos, then rape rape rape.

Similar to the private league suggestion made rounds and rounds ago, I like.

I said it can be private or public like the alliance rank page, you can choose urself. Im not english native speaker nor do I care to write correctly so give me a break.

I dont think this would hurt anyone. You wouldnt be able to see the solos just their solo *tag* like the alliance name. and how many pnaps they have.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I said it can be private or public like the alliance rank page, you can choose urself. Im not english native speaker nor do I care to write correctly so give me a break.

I dont think this would hurt anyone. You wouldnt be able to see the solos just their solo *tag* like the alliance name. and how many pnaps they have.

I understood that. Your English is fine. I was thinking that you would have a huge list of 'anonymous' players. But now that i think about it, make it so the solo player can make their own tag that everyone can see (like ANK said :p), OR let it display their nick.

And if they are 'public' in the sense we are talking about now, then when you click their tag, you can see their ID, or maybe even incorprate their ID onto the page.

I would suggest making their ID public as solo be an option under their alliances page, or there abouts. Dont have the option the same as for public nick.

This way people can see who are highest solos [and any other solos] as they can see their nicks [or tags] but they wont know their IDs unless they are public so they cant attack them.

Just an option i guess. Any flaws with that, i dunno :p

[edit] I hope you can understand what im saying. I am quite tired atm, just gotta fend off this attacker :D

Garrett

Landscape Designer
really i don't see the point. if you are hard up enough to see where you are, then use your intel scans. i don't care if you get an ingame invisible list, doesn't matter to me really... but no portal.

Well I'd implore you to put it in portal but only because then i'd go RPG and Striker every round to pwn all the wanna be bunker noobs trying to imba their way into solo portal :p But we're told not to endorse things for selfish reasons right?

if solo play is for those that don't want to be in an alliance but more importantly because they aren't going to be active and so they wouldn't be in an active alliance...

time and time again everyone says that it's mostly for inactives, since govt help is better than no help at all...

so we need a ranking system for inactive people?

if you have spies, you can spy to see who is solo or not. not sure? send a mob.

'ooh i'm one of 5 active solo, i'm on a list. pretty! :) '

give me a break.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Hmm, actually I don't know about the whole "invisible list" stuff, but having a top ten in portals of the solos who never was part of an ally in that round, is not THAT stupid an idea. Just a little something for the ones who used to play pure solo and don't want or can play in an ally...

just my $0.02

timtadams

Landscape Designer
really i don't see the point. if you are hard up enough to see where you are, then use your intel scans. i don't care if you get an ingame invisible list, doesn't matter to me really... but no portal.

Well I'd implore you to put it in portal but only because then i'd go RPG and Striker every round to pwn all the wanna be bunker noobs trying to imba their way into solo portal :p But we're told not to endorse things for selfish reasons right?

if solo play is for those that don't want to be in an alliance but more importantly because they aren't going to be active and so they wouldn't be in an active alliance...

time and time again everyone says that it's mostly for inactives, since govt help is better than no help at all...

so we need a ranking system for inactive people?

if you have spies, you can spy to see who is solo or not. not sure? send a mob.

'ooh i'm one of 5 active solo, i'm on a list. pretty! :) '

give me a break.

If im rank anything outside 100 ofc i would scan every player above me...not

btw solo ≠ inactive. Im solo, but not totally inactive: You spend around 5.4 hour(s) a day playing Bushtarion. I would like to play allied but dont like the commitment. Ie, i dont wanna have to have a certain level of activity. I wanna be offline for a few days and not have to worry about it.

And what the heck are you talking about not going RPG/STRIKER to pawn bunker noobs for selfish reasons? People go RPG/SRIKER to pawn robos. Others go SA to pawn RPGs/TLs ect.
It is nothing new to choose to play a certain route so you can pawn another. Half the game is about playing your strengths and weaknesses.

Oh yeah, im sorta active, and im outside 100. So i aint gonna be on any list. Yet i would still like it (even if my rank was only available to myself)

Alliances get ranked in relation to each other. So what you got against solos being ranked against each other?

And who said they would be included in portal? I dont think they should portal anyway. If they deserve it they will be in top 50 anyway. Its not hard for a half good active solo to finish top 100.

meh, thats what i was thinkin anyway

Garrett

Landscape Designer
if you are outside rank 100, you don't really ever need to concern yourself with where you are on any value list as general principal.

I wanna be offline for a few days and not have to worry about it.

right! inactive. solo. you. offline. inactive. gov't help.

If solos got a list let alone a portal spot, then every wannabe n33b would go bunker. No matter if i was in a ftw ally or not, an rpg or striker would never run out of targets and forever dominate kill stats, bounty, etc. Using RO's in conjunction with rpg's bunker attacks produces amusing results too.

so i'd only support this idea in the slightest sense that it benefits me solely because I know that i'll always be able to attack, get bounty, not worry about ally mates, have insurance, lots of fun and ruin 90% of the solo's day.

I would single handedly drive away solos in droves. You supporting this idea would literally kill the game.
Please implement this idea so I may paint a huge happy target on solos back with regular predictability.

But I should only support this idea if it brings a certain boost for all players. However, I can only find myself being selfish with delightful thoughts plundering the game and working towards a couple previously thought out of reach awards.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
if you are outside rank 100, you don't really ever need to concern yourself with where you are on any value list as general principal.

I wanna be offline for a few days and not have to worry about it.

right! inactive. solo. you. offline. inactive. gov't help.

If solos got a list let alone a portal spot, then every wannabe n33b would go bunker. No matter if i was in a ftw ally or not, an rpg or striker would never run out of targets and forever dominate kill stats, bounty, etc. Using RO's in conjunction with rpg's bunker attacks produces amusing results too.

so i'd only support this idea in the slightest sense that it benefits me solely because I know that i'll always be able to attack, get bounty, not worry about ally mates, have insurance, lots of fun and ruin 90% of the solo's day.

I would single handedly drive away solos in droves. You supporting this idea would literally kill the game.
Please implement this idea so I may paint a huge happy target on solos back with regular predictability.

But I should only support this idea if it brings a certain boost for all players. However, I can only find myself being selfish with delightful thoughts plundering the game and working towards a couple previously thought out of reach awards.

I think that i can be active, but still have time off :p

But do you really think that if the top 10 (or 5 even) portalled every solo would go bunker? After one round of being owned by RPGs/STRIKERs they would do it again? (supposed what you mentioned was to happen, after all it is still just speculation ;))
You say it will ruin 90% of solos fun (but only if they bunker?) so they wont go bunker next time.

You say stats on kill damage would be dominated be RPGs. Im only speculating here, but isnt it often dominated by SAs anyway? So its not really fair to start with?

I dunno, maybe you are right, but i would still like to know my rank as a solo.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
aww. you gave up way too early :(

you didn't even let me follow up with, can't give solos small goals to work with...

gotta keep solos down, solos are land farms nothing else...

can't get a decent spat on anymore :p

tbh as long as it's not on portal, i don't care. really.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
aww. you gave up way too early :(

you didn't even let me follow up with, can't give solos small goals to work with...

gotta keep solos down, solos are land farms nothing else...

can't get a decent spat on anymore :p

tbh as long as it's not on portal, i don't care. really.

lol, sorry Garrett, i will try and be more passionate next time. I think i wasnt to sure about my argument anyway, well, parts of it.

I guess i dont care about portal either, but if the ranking during the round could be public that would be cool.