Irc - bush

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
If you go to shop and you get TV for 30 days during which time you agree to test it and if you after 30 days wish to keep it you must pay. If still after 30 days you keep that TV but wont pay it is considered illegal. Even if that shop thinks its ok and lets you keep that TV for free. (In this case I dont count difference between physical matherial and non physical matherial)

You have agreed mIRC license when you installed it. As such you have agreed that after 30 days you wont use it or you will register it. Even if there is option to continue using even evaluation is over it doesnt make it less illegal. It only shows the good will of maker of that software. Now he has decided he doesnt want to do this charity anymore and he wants his money. This is completely off topic on thread that has no point in it and which is completely irrelevant to bushtarion.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
While i do agree with you that it say you must register .. :

Illegal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law or, more generally, by rules specific to a particular situation (such as a game).

Mirc doesn't prohibit usage after the 30 days evaluation are over, it just anoys you with a registration window and if you want it to go away you must register :p

Never quote Wikipedia as a source of information. You will lose marks!!!
:p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Should we have made post about Polos tool when he went to pay to use?

Majority of this games players used it. It gave same kind of advantage over not having it as does mIRC over some other clients (like mibbit). Why there was no thread like "OMG Polo pay to use... OMG how is bush gonna die now... AARGH!! how is this gonna affect this game... we stop playing now?"

Because it was completely irrelevant for bushtarion. You can do everything Polos tool does without it. You can do everything that mIRC does without it. We dont need this thread and this stupid "BW your so wrong" crap when I am right and you guys are wrong :p

lavadog

Head Gardener
^So now you define what we need and what we can post on this forum? Or what's stupid? I'm sorry to break the news to you, but Soviet reign has ended some 20 years ago and people can post their opinions or questions on this forum, regardless of how dumb you think they are.

The biggest IRC client not being available for free anymore is relevant to this game, which over the last few months has seen a surge in it's community's activity. The use of an IRC client as easy to use as mIRC does play a major role in this development. Instead of flaming (yes, calling people idiots is flaming, no matter how much you think they deserve it) Twigley, you should've linked him to other IRC clients, like I did in my post. Then we wouldn't have a stupid and silly discussion with you involved yet again. You need to pop a few relax pills and stop insulting people when you think they made a stupid post/topic, you're not the internet police.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
BW you've changed your argument completely.

Your first, hostile, response said "Go find another IRC client, idiot" - People got at you for being so off-hand and you've now changed your argument to "you can't use mIRC after 30 days, its against the law".

How is that atall relevant to what Twigley was saying? We all know you're not supposed to use mIRC after 30 days without buying it. The point is you could. Evidently now you can't, and thats annoying Twigley, and perhaps others who will encounter the same problem.

Also, don't go trying to take the moral high ground with:

BlackWolf said:
I am not cool with someone who has ILLEGALLY used mIRC for 7-8 years after trial perioid and then whines about it.

When your very first post says:

BlackWolf said:
Use the freaking google and if you cant even search 'mirc torrent' well your just idiot.

:roll:

Also, Twigley and others have the right to "whine" about a program suddenly getting off its arse and asking for cash when for a very, very long time it allowed you to bypass its UBER-EPIC security by hitting the button "Continue" :/

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
BW im sorry but your talking complete rubbish this time.

Twigley has made a fair post. As some others have said, mIRC is the most popular IRC client for bushtarion users. YES there are others out there, i myself used linux for almost a year so am familiar with other clients, but after trying many others mIRC really is the best one (in my opinion) for ease of use etc. The fact that mIRC is no longer free to use will impact the bushtarion community even if its only that most people will have to find another client to use, therefore having a thread talking about it is a good thing.

BW you're posts have recently slipped into complete nonsense again (and often overly hostile for no reason), i had hoped you'd moved on from that a while ago...

Slightly more on-topic : How much is mIRC to register? I think i'll be registering assuming it doesnt cost too much! :)

Edit: And as DA says, the program allowing you to wait 5-10 seconds and then clicking continue obviously intentionally allowed you to continue to use the program for free after the evaluation period. IF the makers/owners did not want users to continue to use the program after the evaluation period the "continue" button would have been left out. (obviously they would prefer people pay but im sure they arent stupid enough to think the majority of users wont continue to use the program as they ALLOWED them to) Therefore it is not ILLEGAL as you try to state to continue to make use of a programs own function (the continue button).

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Your first, hostile, response said "Go find another IRC client, idiot" - People got at you for being so off-hand and you've now changed your argument to "you can't use mIRC after 30 days, its against the law".

How is that atall relevant to what Twigley was saying? We all know you're not supposed to use mIRC after 30 days without buying it. The point is you could. Evidently now you can't, and thats annoying Twigley, and perhaps others who will encounter the same problem.

BlackWolf said:
I am not cool with someone who has ILLEGALLY used mIRC for 7-8 years after trial perioid and then whines about it.

BlackWolf said:
Use the freaking google and if you cant even search 'mirc torrent' well your just idiot.

Also, Twigley and others have the right to "whine" about a program suddenly getting off its arse and asking for cash when for a very, very long time it allowed you to bypass its UBER-EPIC security by hitting the button "Continue" :/

Having read through this whole thread i can do nothing more than say 'QFT' to this post through my eyes blinded by tears of laughter and through the raspy gasping of me trying to inhale air to continue to support the gales of laughter issuing from within. Hilarious :D

Garrett

Landscape Designer
well twigley got his answer, discussions now houses the flame/spam fest.

*sigh*

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
This happening to anyone else or just me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
This happening to anyone else or just me?

a few of the other guys i know ingame have gotten that message. One of them registered it and the other just uses mibbit. Hasn't happened to me yet *crosses* fingers. But i'm using an older version so i don't know if that'll make a difference since potentially it's only the updated versions that have the limiter on them?

lavadog

Head Gardener
mIRC's last update was on the 17th of October of 2008, so I don't think it's caused by updating to a new version. I've never really heard of this happening before.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm using an older version than that lavadog. It might be interesting to find out what version those people suddenly without access were using. Perhaps it's nothing, it might be everything ;P

Garrett

Landscape Designer
perhaps a kill date since it seemed to hit everyone at near the same time?

no more updates, probably means no more donations/registrations.

he's probably doing other things with his time and/or mIRC was more trouble than it was worth, abandonded and kill dated on free versions :p

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:

BlackWolf said:

By trying to put words to my mouth you only make yourself looks like idiot. Anyone who can read even for a bit wouldnt connect completely separate sentences which are out of their context.

First of all I have not called anyone idiot. I have said your idiot if you cant even search for a ware version of something.

My point has been all the time that:
1. You do not complain of stuff you have used for free 7-8 years against license you agreed by installing it.
2. If you dont want to pay to use it go find some other software.
3. It is stupid to complain when anyone of those who doesnt want to pay can easily find warez version of it.

Specially I said if you cant EVEN type mirc torrent to google. Thats not same as if you cant type... I suggest you DA start to spend more time to what others write instead of trying to put words to their mouth.

And no I dont think people have right to whine of programs they have illegally used. Let them be warez or shareware. That is against every princible of internet. People who are using software illegally are to suffer the concequenses. If you want to use programs without paying you also do not get support for them and if they stop working it is "buuhuu" go to whine somewhere else.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
First of all I have not called anyone idiot.

Here, BW, lemme show you:

BlackWolf said:

(In response to Twigley's first post.)

-

The rest of your post made little/no sense, I will therefore not be attempting a response, lest you deem my logical illogical o.o

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
BlackWolf said:
First of all I have not called anyone idiot. I have said your idiot if you cant even search for a ware version of something.
Quoting myself....

Ohh let me quote again...

BlackWolf said:
I suggest you DA start to spend more time to what others write instead of trying to put words to their mouth.

Souls

Official Helper
BW, your logic is illogical. He's not putting words into your mouth, he's quoting what came out of it :S