Old Farts - Bottomfeeding bashers

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Hillarious, at one time you had way more than 2 trillion on us, we did 800 bill damage on one ID being bashed, and killed one of your robos on another, get your facts right.

no there were 6 mobs on that attack that contained troops of any note 3 that included troops. You'd asked for a fight and you got one, over 3 ticks you did indeed do 800bil damage but you received 2 tril damage in return finishing any chance you had of lethally defending an incoming BR's are available if you wish to dispute

'Well, I have messages we received from some of the people who bashed us yesterday claiming "EF send 10 mobs on us at the same tick as the other mobs apperared" (sic) Which is ludicrous.'

the only possible mail you can mean is the one that includes the line
'yes just 2!!!! you gave us upwards of 10 per target combined with 5 other alliances that had, combined, upwards of 6 times our score.'

i think you'll find that this line clearly indicates that COMBINED from the 5 alliance there were 10 per target including members of EF

'How the **** can there be a resistance agains a rank 5 ally? Some alliances decided to try and rape you. (From what some posted on the other thread: Enmity, S2N, Fail, DW, RRR(!) and us...) Do you think that is the resistance?'

You were flagged as a resistance alliance and you attacked alongside the alliances mentioned so id ask you why your members joined in resisting the rank 5 alliance? and 'how the ****' you justify it?

We were around 29 bill, you were what, 79 bill?
And to repeat (this seems hard for you to get) Im not irritated due to you attacking, I just want you to admit it was a bottomfeeding bashing of a much smaller alliance, preformed by an ally who posted plenty of post about how evil the "resistance" (yup RRR and all the othe members obviously) was for trying to hit you?

again wrong as far as land counts go at the start of yesterday before Fail fell hard you had 95k acres us 100k if we had more troops and score that is a failing on your part that land was going to someone as you obviously had no troops to save it. There's no hypocrisy in coming 1 alliance vs 1 alliance to take it....

'LOL, who have we bashed again?'

US alongside 4 other alliances some smaller than us some MUCH larger this has been almost admitted by you after numerous posts denying it.

'Anyway, I'm tired of your propaganda'

we took you to task in game for your actions you are the ones spouting on every forum about OF bashing when they are simply fighting 1v1 your propoganda like your alliance and leadership FAILS

'All aboard the Failboat!'

I doubt anyone experiencing your actions this round would get aboard with you unless ofc they liked dying due to their incompetent leaders attempt at propoganda...

Old Fart

Planter
Hello Enrico

I wasn't going to reply to your posts in Garrett's thread on Fail, i rather not ruin an interesting and amusing thread over trivial dribble. However since you've felt the need to gripe, i feel compelled to reply (so apologises to the Bush Forum Public - if i could stop myself i would).

First i'd like to clarify something, when this account posts it speaks for the alliance and holds no other view beyond the agreed collective view of the alliance Old Farts. Any members who post expresses there own individual view point and not of the total alliance. Althrough a number of our members who have new forum accounts have posted and raised valid points, which our majority agree and fully support.

Now i've gone and review all 5 of this accounts forum posts and note the following:
Of which we will ignore 3 that relate to recruitment unless you've found offense with those, in which case we shall revisit them maybe in a gripe with an interesting title.

The other posts relate to a message to all alliances in the Bush community outlining who we Old Farts are and how we feel/think about certain topics in a way we hoped made a few people smile. Our last post was to bring to the attention of the community the failure of the resistance to resist, and the fact they were using bullying tactics similiar to those used in R30 by the TBA for game control.

I thought i made it clear we were not complaining, merely stating the facts. However i can see how you could misunderstood our intent.
This first time i hit Epic Fail it was unorganised. Old Farts had a mission regain our land at the least possible cost while we weren't being bashed. We chose Epic Fail for the following reasons: You attacked us with the resistance, you were smaller, less active and we'd land on you.
We did the same the next day. For the same reasons.
Then we got the whining message asking why the resistance was hitting EF (some of your members need to check ids before they mail), then we saw you still had your resistance flag and decided that thou art truely a bunch of idiots. So we attacked you again.

We then got the mails to attackers and our HQ from you plus the postage on the fourm. It's there you made an error, you posted a denial. If you had said "yeah we sent on OF abit with the resistance" we'd have nodded and said he has balls! good for him. But you didn't, instead you were dishonest and misleading. And that is why we hit you again.

Rebuild
Have fun
Be merry
Be a good leader, and do right by your alliance. (and bringing attention to your weakness on the public forum was not the best choice to do so :( )

Cheerio
An Old Fart

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Heh, still at it Melnibone? This will be my last reply to you as you seem incapable, or unwilling to understand simple facts.

Yeah, Im fully aware you did around 1.9 trill damage when we did 820 bill (I was there silly) My point was that it just proves that your estimate of 6-700 bill pr target was way off!

And to set this straight: You mean everything an ally which are part of the resistance does, is an action of the resistance?? The resistance is no snaped powerblock, it's a set of different allies with different agendas, strategies and plans, who decides to work together on a common goal (take down the top alliance). That does not mean they never attack eash other, that they all take action as a single entity, or for that matter is responsible for each others actions. And since when did RRR become part of the resistance again? :p

Jeez, grow up, take it on the chin and game on kiddo!

All aboard the Failboat!

Last edited:

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Fail led by DA at the time in the resistance channel decided to take out OF as 'practise' for hitting RRR, your alliance had a representative in that channel and launched in the original waves. <---- FACT

You through several threads have denied this as firstly you had incoming from us to defend that changed to incoming from 2 solos... From your first rant on forums to this you have consistently lied to either gain support or detract us from our attacks

Now what have i to 'take on the chin' your blatant and subsequently proven untruths? your amazing defense? you have shown me nothing ingame or on forums that has led me to believe i need to 'take' anything except your land

All your attempts failed and you are sitting looking fat and troopless. I genuinely hope that was your last post as you have shown yourself to be a liar and a bad leader, your decisions have cost your alliance troops and land. Now please just stfu and start rebuilding.

Good day to you.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
We then got the mails to attackers and our HQ from you plus the postage on the fourm. It's there you made an error, you posted a denial. If you had said "yeah we sent on OF abit with the resistance" we'd have nodded and said he has balls! good for him. But you didn't, instead you were dishonest and misleading. And that is why we hit you again.

TBH, I never said no-one from EF sent at any members of OF. That was stated both in post and the mail to your HQ. I said we had no _organized_ attacks on OF.

I was offline/afk most of that evening, so I do now know how many may have sent, but given the normal activity level, the fact most had the land count they needed, and the fact we had several solos attacking us, I doubt there was the numbers _some_ of your members seem to imply. (10+?)

I thus asked nicely for say a list of the IDs which had hit you. (We sometime cooperate with other allies, and we know from experience some do not have a complete list of our members, or claim people are members who are not.) I got the reply that they attacked those that attacked them, which must be a lie, as at the time some were inbound on at least one ID who was away for the whole duration of the attacks on OF and thus cannot have had any part in an attack on you.

You attacked us to try and grab land for as little losses as possible, congratulations, that is what I have tried to get some vocal members of your alliance to admit the whole time, rather than pull some halfassed excuse of US bashing you...

Rebuild
Have fun
Be merry
Be a good leader, and do right by your alliance. (and bringing attention to your weakness on the public forum was not the best choice to do so :( )

Cheerio
An Old Fart

Well it ired me that
a) we were accused of cowardly bashing a larger ally, when we did no such thing.
b) it was stated that the attacks on you were perpetrated by "the resistance" when that is obviously wrong. (As noted, some of the alliances who attacked you are not part of the resistance, several resistance allies did not attack you at all.)

We will rebuild, and it will be fun, it is after all just a game! And thanks to you our land fat is at an all time low since the flakwars. I don't bear grudges, i grudge bears! :)

All aboard the Failboat!

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Havn't read this thread so I have no idea what's been said.

Enrico - man up. You complained when myself and one of our CW players attacked you guys one night. Stop complaining and defend. 2 people vs. 20.

It's a war game ffs. We never griped about being smashed and bashed, we laughed at how many people were needed to attempt to take us down using the "resistance" safe belt. Besides now you can grow back up and kill us all :) That's how the game is supposed to played.

Bashing happens, it's free land. If you can't defend of course OF are going to hit you over and over.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
look on one hand this whole episode sucks

on the other hand, a round wouldn't be a round without a complaint of this type.

will this thread accomplish anything? nope.

will that stop it from going on for 6 more pages? :( :( :(

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Jacky - Sure but call it what it is: Bashing.

Garrett - I have moved on, but those who feel the need to continue the "discussion" can do so if they want. We're busy rebuilding and growing back to size! :D

And GL with the Resistance!

All aboard the Failboat.

antisback

Head Gardener
"Then we got the whining message asking why the resistance was hitting EF (some of your members need to check ids before they mail), then we saw you still had your resistance flag and decided that thou art truely a bunch of idiots. So we attacked you again."

One way or another, thanks for that generalisation...

On guy in old farts mailed me once, therefore you're all a bunch of spammers ;)

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Thu 19th Jan, year 3. Dusk Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 28,891,544 people from OldFart7 [x7] will arrive to attack you.
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 21,250,000 people from OldFart6 [x6] will arrive to attack you.
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 38,314,785 people from OldFart5 [x5] will arrive to attack you.
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 75,100,000 people from OldFart4 [x4] will arrive to attack you.
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 30,100,138 people from OldFart3 [x3] will arrive to attack you.
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 17,452,271 people from OldFart2 [x2] will arrive to attack you.
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 33,016,062 people from OldFart1 [x1] will arrive to attack you.

Seriously, this is just completely retarded. Perhaps the attackers from this battle report can explain where the fun is in a battle on a smaller alliance (this is from a spy on DiscWorld) with 7! attackers on the same tick.
Obviously you do as you like, but when I see these kind of attacks that obviously bother me a great deal, I feel the need to post this on the forums.

PS: Is it whining/complaining if you're not in any way connected to the person who got this inc? :)

Melnibone

Head Gardener
OMFG the rank 5 alliance sent 250mil troops at the rank 6 alliance

Ban the Old Farts for warring for acres in a war game!!!

Really Hobbezak are you that bored.................

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
OMFG the rank 5 alliance sent 250mil troops at the rank 6 alliance

Ban the Old Farts for warring for acres in a war game!!!

Really Hobbezak are you that bored.................

7 on one tick on Discworld (not exactly the superlative of activity).
Really Melni, are you that unskilled?

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Discworld is only 1 rank below OF Hobbe.....

Irrelevant? Where's the fun in attacking with 7 on one tick? I was just asking OF on where they get their fun in this game from, because I'm quite interested to know. There is NO battle if you attack a rather inactive ally with 7 on one tick. You know it, I know it, they knew it.

Let's turn this around. It's a wargame. Wargame = having war? Having war = having battles? This kind of ridiculous bashing = no battle.

When we were hitting TIR, or DW, or even EF, we had only in rare occasions more than 1 player per tick. It's defendable, meaning you can actually get battles. What OF do this round, and you cannot deny it, is bash lower ranked alliances with at least 3 per tick, and on the other hand say "omg we don't like attacking rank 1 ally, it's not our playstyle!!! :'( :'( :'("

Tell me, what's the difference between sending 7 per tick on DW, or 7 per tick on RRR? Profit? Very marginal profit with the current landcap.

/rant.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

I think they were still only half the size of OF before the bashing began, CLem. And with DWs famous activity that's not kicking the puppy, that's more like buttraeping it and then throwing it on the barbeque! :p

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Lol basic tactics are to draw the enemy into a fight (you mentioned liking big BR's) you kill their lethals then its very easy to launch 1v1 and there's fewer of the enemies to defend against you this ensures you gain maximum land and kills this in effect grows your alliance

Now that the lessons over let me just thank both Hobbe and Enrico for being our official stalkers this round, tactics that are both viable and widely used apparently cant be used by OF because these 2 say so ^^

Not much point in posting anymore as anything that anyone in this alliance does one of these stalkers will find a flaw in it guess its much better to just get smashed non stop and whine on the forums than to actually try to keep yourself and your friends alive and ahead of the game eh? so please feel free to moan at everything we do each gripe i shall personally take as a compliment that were doing something right :)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Hmm just wondered what other ally in the game actually put 7 attackers on the same tick?? As you seem to think that is commonplace Melnibone? And no, its not a particularly good strategy, as there is only to send out, and the landcap will kick in and whoever is massed just loose 10% acres. (or what the bottom level to the landcap is this round)

Another problem with attacking én masse is that when you put all your unhatched chickens in the same woven receptacle, you risk getting a fluke defense that kills much of your attack force OR get a big BR that at the same time kills a lot of the target alliance below your attack range so you cant go back for land.

Usually it is more effective to team up the attackers and spread the attacks, with a bit of luck, you can both kill 3-4 people and grab 3-4 ticks of land with less cap.

The only ways a mass bash on one tick is useful in my opinion is in cases where you want to kill a much larger solo, (as to not kick off AR after the first tick) or during resistance when the rank 1 has proved themselves very competent.

On the other hand, I understand why OF is keen to keep the risk of their mobs as low as possible. they are probably the only alliance rank 2-4 can do a proper attack on now. And if a resistance attack goes pear-shaped they might be used as a motivational boost for one of the top allies.

aGit

Harvester
hobbe, c'mon! since when have you been a flaming retard? wth does it matter that an alliance supposdedly has lower activity? we should respect that? we should not attack this alliance because they are lower than us?

enrico, play the game, if you honestly cannot see the massbashing going around here, talking about the 7 on a tick here, you should open your eyes. it IS quite commonplace.

On another note, Old farts play the game like they used to love it. not like the newfags play it.

CLem

Head Gardener

I think they were still only half the size of OF before the bashing began, CLem. And with DWs famous activity that's not kicking the puppy, that's more like buttraeping it and then throwing it on the barbeque! :p

OF has 60k more land than DW but only 30bil more in score, that suggest that the amount of LET in both allies are quite similar. I have seen DW's defence and I have to stay they are not as "inactive" as you thought.

I don't know the logic behind the attack, but if it is to make sure that they don't get defense and kill one of their big inactive players then it is a fair tactic. If the attack is purely going for a land grab then it is not that well justified.

If i know my enermy is going to put up a good fight and I really want that certain ID to die when they are offline, I am willing to load as many ID on one guy as I could gather.

Strangly no DW players have come and moan here yet, so kudos to them, they must have been dealing with the incs quite well :)

timtadams

Landscape Designer
lol, people moan about 7 players on one tick. Why?

Its not a good tactic? So what. Its easy, and it works. Not everyone can be a tactical genius, or be bothered to put in the effort to attack in waves ect.

On no, they get less land...so why are you complaining?

As so many of you like to put it, it's a war game. It isnt supposed to be fair.