• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Hax-Or

Elevnos

BANNED
I thought it would be quite a good idea to have a total troop count number when you hax-or someone, for example:

System hack on FAFINUAWHIOBAWFPAFWA[XXXX]

Gardener [1,000,000] Harvester [1,000,000]
Hippy [1,000,000] Yob [1,000,000]
Wheelbarrower [50,000]
Total: 4,050,000

just a thought, post what you think about it

Tombi

Harvester
I thought it would be quite a good idea to have a total troop count number when you hax-or someone, for example:

System hack on FAFINUAWHIOBAWFPAFWA[XXXX]

Wheelbarrower [50,000]

just a thought, post what you think about it

I like it! :) maybe even extending it futher to

Wheelbarrower [50,000]

INN:2,050,000
NLD:1,000,000
NLT:1,000,000
LET:0

Or would that be taking automation in the game too far?

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Yep, then get all the other extras which Polo's extension offers implemented as well.

I started to roll my eyes at this thread in general... then thought dammit f0xx may have a point. To an extent.

You know, there are actually suprisingly few players that have the ticks for the seasons memorized. To me reading a spy report was always a layer of strategy. JJ and I were talking about how we liked to continue to read spy reports without nbs so we don't become reliant; however, since the advent of the nbs spy tool, different strategies have been formed to spam spies making it ridiculously silly to try and read sometimes. So nbs hasn't completely demystified spies.

So why not show the number of ticks ago an event happened? Do we need the spy report the way it is still? Or is it archaic complexity that is mostly inflicted on those without nbs and/or are utterly new?

aGit

Harvester
So why not show the number of ticks ago an event happened? Do we need the spy report the way it is still? Or is it archaic complexity that is mostly inflicted on those without nbs and/or are utterly new?

that aint too hard to figure out on your own either. 1 bushtarion day is 1hour in real life, which again translates to 6 ticks and since all the events in the spy scans are taged with dates its really just a simple calculation to figure out when **** went down.

Ofc to get the exact tick amount you'll have to know the 6 phases of a day in each season.

imo, not everything should be made too easy. somethings in this game should be left out for the player to figure out. and the same goes for the OP:

imagine someone flakking a pom.

at att3 end of tick the pom sends stuff away, but being the sneaky ******* that he is, leaves his hypnos home for some bribing love. hoping ofc that the would be attacker would be fooled by the mob sent away at att3.

now this kind of defensive thinking would be nullified almost completely with the hax showing the total number of troops. Yes it aint hard to do the math quickly and figure out what was sent away and why. however if you only have 20sec to make the call...

my 2 cents