Strange moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavadog

Head Gardener
ok, then I'm not as strongly against it, but, again, only if it's an automated process that leaves no room for interpretation and/or needless discussion.

By needless discussion I do not mean that you have to arbitrarily agree with everything a mod does. However the tendency to look for trouble (for example, not agreeing for the sake of not agreeing, yoooouu rebels :p) will be less great for some people if they get an automated message instead of a mod messaging them.

Rosa

Pruner
Well this is strange moderating indeed! I can't believe this thread hasn't already been closed! Clearly the mods aren't doing their job properly, Rosa for mod kthx.

But yeah seriously Enrcio... just because you perceive your suggestion to be serious other may not view it the same way. Just because it's somewhat "relevant" to bushtarion it could also be spam.

I mean I want to make a new route called McDonald's. I'll suggest renaming acres to # of stores, I'll rename geo thieves to hamburglars, my first unit will be a briber called burger flipper, my second unit will be a NLD called Mayor McCheese... etc etc and my last unit will exactly like cybernetic t rex except it's called Ronald McDonald.

It's relevant to bushtarion and I view that suggestion as a serious suggestion... but I wonder how fast that'll be moved to spam.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Rosa, Its not that long ago there was a lengthy thread on the suggestion board regarding a 3. path for the fantasy route. Just because a suggestion is silly, doesn't make it spam, imho.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I would like to contribute to this gripe:

Moderation.jpg

That all we talking about?
Something we already know that only Azzer can sort out?

How did this all spark off again o_O

lavadog

Head Gardener
A third path for the fantasy route is actually way more serious than a suggestion to get Ronald McDonald as a P-Unit, Enrico.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
A third path for the fantasy route is actually way more serious than a suggestion to get Ronald McDonald as a P-Unit, Enrico.

You know one of the suggestions was scifi with AT-ATs as P-units?

The name of a unit is tbh not very important!

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Enrico don't be such an idiot.
Read the rule
Bumping is frowned upon full stop
It doesn't matter whether the post is already at the top
The hole idea of bumping is it moves a post from below the top to the top.

Do not tell me you have a better understanding of my primary language when it's not your primary one. And don't make yourself look so god damn stupid.

p.s. get some more RPG's I enjoyed killing you the other night.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Read the rule

Do not tell me you have a better understanding of my primary language when it's not your primary one. And don't make yourself look so god damn stupid.

Sooo

If "The hole(sic) idea of bumping is it moves a post from below the top to the top."
how can "It doesn't matter whether the post is already at the top"?

You sir, fail at logic. Any normal human being understands that when the definition of bumping is to take something that is at spot >1 to spot =1, it cannot apply for something that is already at spot =1...

Oh and name calling is not becoming of you, play nice when you talk with grown ups. :)

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Read the rule

Sooo

If "The hole(sic) idea of bumping is it moves a post from below the top to the top."
how can "It doesn't matter whether the post is already at the top"?

You sir, fail at logic. Any normal human being understands that when the definition of bumping is to take something that is at spot >1 to spot =1, it cannot apply for something that is already at spot =1...

Oh and name calling is not becoming of you, play nice when you talk with grown ups. :)
I am sorry I was quite stoned when I typed that and missed out a little bit,
Ask yourself why would somebody bump?
Simple answer to bring a post to peoples attention
Now ask yourself how you can bring a post to somebodies attention?
Again a simple answer, you post a double post

Now this works in 2 different situations,
-Your post is below the top, and moves to the top with your double post.
-Your post is already at the top, now if you double post the thread changes for people who have already read the thread to unread.

Both classic cases of bumping.

Name calling? telling you not to make yourself look stupid is constructive criticism, people use it to help you. Oh and you only need to be about 15 to know that.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Cheese stop spamming up the thread with nonsensical tangents about bumping of the top post and whatnot. You are sidetracking the important issues the rest of us is discussing.

As for whether I'm suited as a moderator of this board I expect the verdict is not up to you anyway, so stop worrying about it, m'kay? :D

Melnibone

Head Gardener
In a thread that is griping about moderators, including a request from yourself to become a moderator the opinion of players about anyone applying is very relevant and very on-topic so just like your alliance name Enrico....... Epic Fail

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I would like to contribute to this gripe:

Moderation.jpg

That all we talking about?
Something we already know that only Azzer can sort out?

How did this all spark off again o_O

I agree. The whole thing is absurd.

PS. The route with AT-ATs (star wars route) was my suggestion years ago. Apparently it isn't feasible because Azzer would have to pay for the rights to use the names or something :(

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
In a thread that is griping about moderators, including a request from yourself to become a moderator the opinion of players about anyone applying is very relevant and very on-topic so just like your alliance name Enrico....... Epic Fail

LOL; I did not gripe based on the topic of the original thread, but rather on the way it was handled. (In an unfriendly and less than helpful manner.)

I do not see the relevancy, as far as the majority who has posted here to a greater or smaller degree agree with me, and as far as I know they have not applied as moderators for whenever Azzer replaces the inactives.

And as Azzer himself said in the PM convo we are having regarding a possible application. "What the user base means have little or no impact on the final decision". But meh... whatever!

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Cheese stop spamming up the thread with nonsensical tangents about bumping of the top post and whatnot. You are sidetracking the important issues the rest of us is discussing.

As for whether I'm suited as a moderator of this board I expect the verdict is not up to you anyway, so stop worrying about it, m'kay? :D

I am not spamming the thread, you brought the subject to the eye of the public community so expect opinions on your ridiculous suggestion to make yourself moderator.

Note a good moderator would know this. (notice I haven't had any posts changed by the good moderators... that aint you)

I know the verdict isn't upto me, but you posted requesting to be moderator public so you can't expect me not to reply if you just wanted a responce from Azzer then you have to use a little thing called Pm.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
well just because this is the gripes forum and it's not as regulated doesn't mean either of you are right or wrong.

both of your posts are angled with the language intended to shut the other down and have the final say.

so you are both right, both wrong, and definitely very spammy even if on topic :D

(i didn't know this thread was still going)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

I am not spamming the thread, you brought the subject to the eye of the public community so expect opinions on your ridiculous suggestion to make yourself moderator.

Note a good moderator would know this. (notice I haven't had any posts changed by the good moderators... that aint you)

I know the verdict isn't upto me, but you posted requesting to be moderator public so you can't expect me not to reply if you just wanted a responce from Azzer then you have to use a little thing called Pm.

Well, dear fellow, unlike some I do have the ability to learn, and when I was informed all such matters should be dealt with per PM that's what I did. And tbh I never had any post changed by moderators either, just one thread moved due to a misunderstanding. In hindsight I understood that common sense is not so common on the interwebs, and what to some is a way to show friendly intentions (as opposed to critisism) to others makes it spammy.

Fair deal. Though I noticed you still have not really touched upon the sub bject of this thread: I.e. why can't moderators be a) more friendly in their response b) more helpful.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
I posted a legit suggestion on the suggestion board, absolutely free of any flamebait or inappropriate language, and one moderator moves it to spam?

I thought the suggestion board was for suggestions meant to improve the game?

As for me reposting, it was just that when I didn't find the thread to add further comments, I thought I, as I have done earlier, had just pressed preview instead of posting.

I will not repost the suggestion here, but I have notified Azzer of this, as I find it hillarious that a moderator moves a suggestion from suggestions to spam, and not even notifying the original poster!

If the said moderator disagree with the suggestion he could freely post a reply, rather than do what he did. Ironically it just puts my original post in perspective.

EDIT/Ammendum:
Now Garrett informed me that everything regarding the said subject of the original thread should be dealt with per PM, but that is not mentioned anywhere I could find. And the moderator in question could as easily have just replied with that information and if need be closed the thread, rather than move it....
---

First thing you talk about is your post getting moved or what ever...
Because you aint smart enough to use one thread for a discussion I have linked the threads together.
Now this is my last reply on the subject. You bore but
Summary: Enrico as moderator = No No No!

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Yeah, but as you *might* notice I don't repeat what the original thread was about. You know, because it was pointed out that the sucject was supposed to be handled via PM.

Now my gripe was that the moderator didn't use 5 seconds to notify me of that, and delete the thread, rather than move it to Spam of all places, and then complain about me doubleposting, in a rather terse tone, when I reposted the thread because I though I had mixed up when originally posting.

The topic of who should be moderators is not what this thread is about, and thus I think you are very close to spamming.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.