resistance?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
This thread is why we can't have nice things.
I love how again i am the one being singled out in all this when infact S2N joined the "resistence" last.
I guess you guys need to vent your frustration somewhere, and using me as a target (because i put together a group of 60 "noobs" as you call them, organised them a bit and used it to beat others), makes you feel better then keep going.

I've already said -
OF, you have plenty of targets so will you stop hitting the alliances that want to try and resist and we have no problem.

Let's not forget YOU are the ones who put the post on the forums saying you didn't want to join in on any form of resistence.
YOU are the ones who sit there, letting the rank 1 alliance run away with it while annoying players in your alliance such as wacky go around 0ing resistence members troops.

Who is the villian ? :S

Is everytime 1 or more alliances work together for a few days (It's been a few days only btw), going to be thrown onto "powerblock".
Oh please.

Also for those complaining about nothing beign done - how about you give some pms around and organise something yourself instead of relying on others?
Oh i know why - because you expect everyone else to do it for you.

You know you really do wonder why people like Me and JJ get annoyed at some of the people on these forums.
People like Alci and Garret can discuss without flaming what the problem is however there are some people who think they are internet super heroes and will be hypocrites at every oppurtunity.

Yeah we "noob blocked" and NOBODY is defending that so stop repeating that.
We get it was nooby, we get it wasn't great for the game. OK?

You think you can do better organising the resistence?
Speak up and you sort it out.
Because all you have just done is give RRR exactly what they want - disruption.

STOP THINKING SHORT TERM, AND THINK LONG TERM.

The ONLY way to beat an ally like RRR is to use long term tactics, not think "ZOMG THEY IZ GETTING MOAR FUNDZ THAN ALL OF UZZ WITH THEIR MAZZ ACREZ" ...

Gg guys.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Lol we have no interest in beating RRR S2N or anyone else, we play as we choose

You are not singled out i'm fairly certain i spoke about a n00bblock of which you were and are still part of and as has been agreed by everyone the decision to attack OF was DA's

Bullying smaller alliances into attacking someone other than rank 1 is manipulation of the playerbase by a powerblock no amount of nonsense spouted by anyone in TBA that this is still a resistance will wash

Did Ail join in on the attacks on us? no they took any losses we gave them and hit us back ALONE a concept seemingly alien to any of you guys.

You do not decide how myself or my alliance mates play the only arrogance in this topic has come from the leaders of TBA that feel they can justify their actions as part of a resistance against a rank 4 alliance

As stated previously youv'e gave me some of the most fun moments of the round so far, I do reserve the right however at any time to call a spade a spade and if/when OF fall to the combined weight of several alliances (now with substantial land/score differential) the alliances currently in the resistance will find their efforts considered 'not enough' and more excuses will spew from your mouths as to the reason it take 3+ allies to kill them for 'not pulling their weight'

But as usual the weak will believe your lies as its easier for them to wait for the incoming tomorrow than face it today we on the other hand did not and have no intention of ever doing so

Id rather die on my feet than live a lifetime on my knees..... the alliances outside the n00bblock should consider this........

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
-Rubbish-

I lolled.

Like i said, i asked if you would not attack the resistence alliances so that they too can build some troops up and attack.

Not a reasonable request?

I just see you killing those, that want to resist, a negative thing hence why you got your few incs, mostly from us.

You do not decide how myself or my alliance mates play

Is the EXACT same thing i said last round.
And will say it right back to you.

You can carry on all you like.
However as i see it -

A) Leave the allies that want to join in to the resistence alone for a few days.
B) Carry on hitting them and play your own game.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Theres only discworld in our realistic range? so your saying attack them or you'll force the rest of the top 10 to attack us... and you state my post is 'rubbish' ??

You are telling me that the top 10 cannot muster enough troops to resist because of the actions of 3-4 members of OF that have decided to have fun bounty hunting?

Rofl keep going Twigs your making me feel better about myself and my alliance every time you post

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Read these simple facts.

1) Smaller alliances wont send at a LT when they have inc from OF members. Their entire alliance does not join in.

2) They can't muster up a real amount of troops or morale because you keep bounty hunting them.

3) If you left them alone for a few days, let them build up a bit, let them build some confidence up, then we will begin the resistence.

4) If this happens, we have a much greater chance of beating RRR.

I clearly said you can carry on i just want you to know you are stopping alliances from joining in.
You know maybe they want to have some fun before it's too late?

You are all "oldies" so you will understand time frames in Bushtarion and how a little badness in the short term normally leads to alot more goodness in the long term.
You have alot of days left to so all that, why not ease off them for a while and see what happens.

5) If nothing happens on RRR i will personally quit in 1 weeks time.

Read the facts.
Try discredit those facts.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
1) Smaller alliances wont send at a LT when they have inc from OF members. Their entire alliance does not join in.

these alliance that you have no control over attack us while hiding behind a banner of resistance you have not resisted yet therefore they are still trying to steal/attack so you are saying that to allow you to fulfill your aims we have to ignore incoming and not in any way retaliate against those attacking us... no not going to happen. 1 fact discredited

2) They can't muster up a real amount of troops or morale because you keep bounty hunting them.

Thanks for the compliment but if an alliance cant stop a couple of members of a similar sized alliance attacking them they are in fact no use to you except in numbers but then again thats how TBA play pure numbers...... id say thats 2 facts discredited (and giving members of the alliance im in more credit than i think they deserve)

3) If you left them alone for a few days, let them build up a bit, let them build some confidence up, then we will begin the resistence.

Thats not in anyway shape or form a fact thats a supposition so i wont claim this as a fact discredited more a belief you hold that i personally dont

4) If this happens, we have a much greater chance of beating RRR.

Again not a fact resistances tend to succeed very quickly or not at all i may be wrong but i believe this to be the case. The time your alliances have wasted against us has allowed RRR to be much stronger than they would have been you'll choose to blame us for this personally i blame the alliances involved for allowing DA chiefly but others too for allowing your so called resistance to be sidetracked so another fact discredited is that 3?

5) If nothing happens on RRR i will personally quit in 1 weeks time.

I personally hope this is not a fact but i believe it may be only you know if this is indeed the one TRUE fact you posted... the problem here Twigley is that until last round while i dont think we were ever friends i did have the utmost respect for your abilities and skill (i still do) and tbh i dont know what happened in my 6 rounds absence to turn you into the player/personality i see now ingame and in last rounds forums. Quittting in one week or not the game has already lost a great gamer and a very valuable member of the community (personally i believe this to be your own doing but as i say i dont know the reasons/history behind it)

In short Twigley a fact is something that irrespective of opinions is true if you re-read your post im sure you'll find that your facts (except possibly 5) are not facts merely your opinions and viewpoints yet you seem to wish us to believe that your opinion is indeed fact yet i see no evidence to support them only suppositions you have.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
You are telling me that the top 10 cannot muster enough troops to resist because of the actions of 3-4 members of OF that have decided to have fun bounty hunting?

1. It's obviously not cool to receive any incoming from alliance A when you have your entire ally hitting alliance B (which is in fact what a resistance is). So that would be either a landhit (which is not cool) or someone who obviously is offline, as he didn't sent, gets wtfraped (even less cool).
So in this respect, even a single attacker can be enormously annoying to a resistance.

2. A NAP, that has been going for perhaps a week?, is NOT a powerblock. Seriously Melni, you and your entire alliance should have been around long enough to know what the difference between a powerblock and a NAP. If only there was an ignore on certain keywords like "powerblock", it would drastically improve the quality of my time on this forums.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
to your first point Hobbezak as we are not part of the resistance we have no indication of the timings of the attacks i think everyone can agree this now if they have evidence in the form of news logs that can verified where a resistance attack has failed due to us sending a BH attack on one of the alliances now would be a good time to show some proof

The resistance is a very important thing it is not there to be used by people to launch attacks at an alliance then in 2-3 hours when the attacked alliance has planned retaliations in the form of zeroing and grabs go bleating to the rest of the resistance alliances that an alliance is ruining the resistance

To the 2nd point if im wrong then i apologise but i dont think it is said anywhere in the new legislation in the EULA that only the rank 1 alliance can be a powerblock, the self same 3 alliances that admitted powerblocking and indeed who the legislation was introduced because of, are and have been attacking common enemies all round together let us point out the RESISTANCE are not attacking us the 3 allied powerblock from last round are

I and no-one else from OF has attacked 'during' a resistance strike or the tick beforehand no mail has ever been exchanged saying anything to this effect, what is happening is that alliances are being bullied to either join something they have no wish to be part of or have no effective targets until Twigley decides they can?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
what is happening is that alliances are being bullied to either join something they have no wish to be part of or have no effective targets until Twigley decides they can?

Attack when you want.

Just know you are damaging those allies that want to join in and are being prevented.
How many times do i need to repeat that i am asking you, not telling you, to please lay off them.

lavadog

Head Gardener
I think it's ironic that people keep complaining about the resistance not resisting, while they themselves are actually keeping it from doing so. Bounty hunting on the resistance will have a very negative effect on it's organization, as it keeps troops at home (who can't be used in resistance attacks) or kills off troops. Even two or three guys can mess up a whole attack plan, cuz almost every single attacker is crucial in a resistance (even if he's only canon fodder).

Imo, alliances like OF should lay back for a week or so and get their payback after the resistance is over (whether it's successful or not) and the game is fairly open again. What you guys don't realize, is that, if the resistance is not successful, you will be massed anyways when the fights for rank 2 break out and you are remembered as that one top alli that didn't help. Btw, why shouldn't you be able to have fun in a resistance?

DISCLAIMER: This is my point of view. I'm p-solo (the ANK way ;P) and have no ties whatsoever with any of the involved parties.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
And we said no we were not going to agree to hit no-one in our effective range for a week at least to let them prepare and for as long as you state there is a resistance. if you were asking youd maybe offer to mail me or anyone at OF the LT of your first strike at RRR we would quite happily agree to not send any mobs at anyone marked as R from 8 or 9 ticks beforehand to 10-12 ticks after the last wave or active signs of a wave i believe as we are not unreasonable people our Leader could confirm or deny this if you had indeed ever asked anything and not threatened it.

As things stand though i dont see this happening so as your so fond of facts the fact is you are saying that for the next 2-3 weeks OF, because they choose not to 'resist' are not allowed to attack as all the top 10 except us, ka-tet and discworld are R tagged alliances. Disc are almost half our size and ka-tet a third of us (in score)

This is not a reasonable request by anyone and this not any form of arrogance from us merely an indication that we do not have any intentions of spoiling ANY resistance but we will also not stop playing a game for 2-3 weeks at the whim of a resistance that has not resisted and as you stated in most of your post has no plans of doing so for a couple of days to allow everyone to get big enough.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Oh hi i replied without reading.

I said 2-3 days to let them build up a bit so we can start.
Once we start, we see what happens.

Not 2-3 weeks as you said.
That would be unreasonable.

Last edited:

Garrett

Landscape Designer
on one hand you have - OF who are playing for themselves. good for you. keep it up, i've been able to find the fun of the game again leading this round. they aren't resisting, they are attacking and playing the game.

on the other hand - it's difficult to pull off a resistance when you have inc from other allies. so do you make it a priority to defend vs the small ally? or since you have a chance of getting mullered by rank 1 anyway, do you continue to send and write the small inc off?

Both sides are right, both sides are wrong and no one has a correct answer because it's a matter of personal choice which way you take it. In effect all the answers could be right, but you only get to choose one.

Yes, the old TBA hitting OF together with smaller alliances does certainly feel like a powerblock. I know I would be up in anger/frustration at multiple alliances attacking me at once and actually have already had that happen this round.

But, in honesty Twigley in the resistance channel did say that attacking OF was a way to get the other alliances working together and clicking on all cylinders to prepare for the big game.

This reasoning and logic has it's points and some very good pros about it; however, it didn't sit well with me and did not take part. Am I working with anyone? Sure when it behooves me I worked with RRR vs 2nd20, I've worked with JJ when we tried to be the resistance ourselves and bringing on AA. When RRR took the lead, I found myself wanting to resist since my alliance 'found itself' high in the rankings. We're still for fun, but resisting IS fun. well the carnage is where we get our kicks.

In fact earlier in the round I told JJ that our 2 allies would probably war again and said that I looked forward to a 1v1 battle if that was at all possible.

So people can use the term powerblock, but I don't think it's happening here. yes you can say last round's powerblock is working together right now, but there are many alliances in the resistance and most of them don't work well withing their own 20 let alone in this large group. So definitely after the 'resistance' is over, most everyone is going to go their own way. This is from observation, i can't claim to know everyone's motives.

I personally would like to see the term 'powerblock' not used in this conversation unless it's to say 'last rounds powerblock is ganging up on my alliance' but from what I can observe no one is actively 'powerblocking'.

You want to see powerblocking, I send you to the round in which 'WeSuck' was 2nd in value but first in ally points. They decided to starve out the top. They stayed mostly out of the top's range and they killed everyone under them to make sure 'the top' couldn't gain effectiveness/land/points. They secured a points win by blocking the rest of the game from being able to resist.

Now for the shocker, I don't know who 'Old Fart' is exactly (altho i have a prime suspect :D), but I believe OF's core is the same core he had for WeSuck ;)

Nao, can we play the game?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
can we start resisting already

ranks 2,3,4 & 6 match in size if not more than that of rank 1 (okay they no doubt have enough seeds to rape and buy up) but if the resistance doesnt start hitting them using the multiple players and complimentary routes to good effect we're gonna have another stale powerblock sort of round.

You obviously don't understand what a powerblock is.

probably true been solo for most of them. but i thought things may be staling was my only concern, and and that perhaps there wasnt enough activity, and hence theres a group of alliances feeding on those not resisting, to get big. im sure it wont last this way, why i went to the gripes section and not the discussion section.

but none the less it has many of the characteristics of a powerblock. with little outcome seeming to head in the way of resisting rank one and bringing them down and more time passing. i did say maybe i've not been so actively informed on the actuall RRR attacks.
As until now i wasnt aware there had been many.

but feel free to clearly define your definition of a power block, and its differing characteristics to that of the current state of affairs. Hence dismissing my concerns & gripes in a more helpful way.

A Powerblock is generally considered to be a group of alliances working together deliberately to maintain their position to the detriment of the lower alliances with the inevitable side effect of stagnating gameplay.

These are usually, but possibly not always, the top alliances of the game. They usually have the specific goal in mind of preventing lower alliances from growing or even being able to do anything at all. This generally involves SNAPs between the involved alliances with reassurances of specific help in the event an alliance is under attack. Or did last round anyways.

The current state of affairs does stagnate gameplay, that is correct, and I cannot argue that point. However it must be said that they simply aren't powerblocking. They aren't working together to stagnate gameplay deliberately nor are they specifically SNAPped with the intention of securing ranks 2, 3 and 4 to the detriment of the remaining alliances. At least, not publically; although this may be the result that occurs, I don't think, at least for now, that it is deliberate.

They are currently operating under the resistance banner and theoretically removing any possible threats to themselves so that they can then concentrate fully on attacking RRR. While i myself am somewhat dubious of the nature of this strategy it is theoretically the public strategy of the Resistance. They have previously launched strikes against RRR which had dubious chances of success, but they were and technically still are gunning for RRR. I have my personal doubts but will leave that to be reevaluated later should the need arise.

No question they are stagnating gameplay of non resistance affiliated alliances, but no, they are not powerblocking. At least, not in the traditional form. Working together should be differentiated from powerblocking. Since one can happen without the other and 'working together' does not necessarily denote a powerblock. It remains to be seen how long this state of affairs continues, and then i might change my opinion, depending how long they remain 'SNAPped'. If the SNAP breaks once the resistance is either victorious, or declared dead, then I will remain satisfied they are not powerblocking. If they continue to work together to the detriment of the remaining playerbase I would be forced to reconsider my views.

Was that more helpful in dismissing your views/concerns Wilymchilybily?

Turnip2k

Harvester
You want to see powerblocking, I send you to the round in which 'WeSuck' was 2nd in value but first in ally points. They decided to starve out the top. They stayed mostly out of the top's range and they killed everyone under them to make sure 'the top' couldn't gain effectiveness/land/points. They secured a points win by blocking the rest of the game from being able to resist.

Now for the shocker, I don't know who 'Old Fart' is exactly (altho i have a prime suspect :D), but I believe OF's core is the same core he had for WeSuck ;)

Nao, can we play the game?

Doesn't a powerblock need more than 1 alliance? Can probably think of some better powerblocks in round 9 and 11 I think?

Funny you should mention that round though. That rounds resistance failed because twigley betrayed it to rank 1 and got it killed. WeSuck were just one ally - they did what they did alone, with love and with affection :)

From what I hear, they got 'resisted' in that round too!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
If by betray you mean a member of WeSuck (The alliance that was bashing ours all round) told me one of their attack plans for some STRANGE reason, and then i told a member of the alliance their plan, then sure.

I think you need to look up the word betray.
It was stupidity on Jiggys sake.

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
I've already said -
OF, you have plenty of targets so will you stop hitting the alliances that want to try and resist and we have no problem.

Yes sure Twigley I will go hit DW at my 40% range because that's how the game is supposed to be played right?
This game is about mashing and bashing those smaller right? No wonder I'm not rank 1 then!

Anyways great conversation going here guys, though I am a bit bored of reading the same counterpoints over and over.