• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Advanced Attack Settings

StormyWaters

Planter
I would love to see the setting of how long to attack/defend someone without having to be online to recall them.

It would just be another setting on the military when sending a Mob.

I don't have much time to play this game and this really prevents me from sending a lot of attacks knowing I won't be there to recall the troops when I want to.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
You mean a setting that recalls your attack/defence mob after a certain amount of time? I don't understand your suggestion very much...

StormyWaters

Planter
Yeah cause there's so many implications is reducing the amount of time someone needs to be online to play this game. What's wrong with just wanted to send an attack on the ranged tick? Or if you're defending to only want to defend for 1 tick? The opposing defender/attacker wouldn't know the difference from you being online and recalling or just you sending set tick amount attack

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I personally see no reason against the suggestion.

And why selfish Tobi? You will also be able to take advantage of it. It's not like he asks for this to be implemented only for him.

I am usure there are programs out there that can do this for you, the only problem is that it is against the rules.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
It's too much automation. If you aren't going to be online to recall, then either take a risk or don't attack. Simple. If you really never have time to attack then go bunkers.

antisback

Head Gardener
[humour]Code a firefox plugin to do it for you :p[/humour]

Added humour tags for weebles benefit ;)

Last edited:

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Actually, im not against this either really.

It would have been useful yesterday when i wanted to last tick someone but had to suffer all three ticks because i had to go out with the family, and i wanted to keep my land.

Maybe only allow it for defence mobs? Or maybe only mobs to the government.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I do not support this for all the reasons supplied thus far; chief among them being the use of automation. It is very abusable in the form in which it was presented since you could send EOT a biker/PB rush on a POM (maybe with an adrenaline rush) and then set your attack to recall atf2 so you get one tick of ownage then recall without you having to be anywhere near a computer or wireless device. And that would be nigh on impossible to defend against. This works for any kind of rush where you have a route advantage (and let's be honest no one rushes to their disadvantage on purpose.... except this one guy this round who PB rushed a Sorc player and got owned! ;))

Perhaps a way to alleviate that problem would be to make this ability only usable on eta 5 attacks. But while that might stop the rushing/onetick smash and auto-recall it doesn't really deal with the key issue at hand which is the use of automation to play the game for you. If you are not allowed to use 'auto refreshers' to help you play the game, i don't think it very likely that there will be implementation of an automatic recall button. Sorry.

And timtadams that kind of situation you were in is easily remedied if you send with a tractor/combine/geo or something to extend the time it'll take your defence to arrive (this is assuming you're not trying to last tick yourself).

StormyWaters

Planter
I wouldn't call it an automatic recall, but lets say a tactical attack. It could be set to only be allowed without adrenaline rush if you are afraid of abuse by biker rushes but honestly who really cares?

If an active person is going to biker rush a POM they are going to be on the entire time to recall anyways, so why should you take that option away for the people who are not as active or know they won't be able to be on for the ten minute window to recall?

I'm just saying I'm getting sick and tired of planning an attack only to be side-swipped by something coming up so I have to recall early or risk attacking for all three ticks of the attack.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I wouldn't call it an automatic recall, but lets say a tactical attack. It could be set to only be allowed without adrenaline rush if you are afraid of abuse by biker rushes but honestly who really cares?

I'll be sure to pass along your sympathy to all the POM players out there. Especially those ones who aren't that active or who cannot be contactable. You can't just think about reasons why *you* want a change to be implemented, you have to think about the other players too. This automation is not the proper solution to the overly high levels of activity required. Sorry. Biker rushes are (especially now) a core part about the thug route since TLs got nerfed.

If an active person is going to biker rush a POM they are going to be on the entire time to recall anyways, so why should you take that option away for the people who are not as active or know they won't be able to be on for the ten minute window to recall?

Biker rushes were an example, any rush will do. And if someone who would traditionally be there to recall a rush now no longer has a reason to you'll see a vast increase in the one tick bashes, especially amongst players with stealth units or low eta units. How do i know you *really need to leave* and thus get to use this system, or rather you're simply taking advantage of it because it exists? how do you divide up who gets to use it? Why not just code a big red 'I Win' button...?

And if you're not rushing, then you simply need to make the effort to be there or run the risk of losing troops. This is the nature of this game and shouldn't be changed simply because some people cannot be as active as is required. There are other ideas in the works or rambling around people's brains or on this forum to help decrease the activity levels required. Your idea is not one which i feel is the correct solution to the activity problem.

I'm just saying I'm getting sick and tired of planning an attack only to be side-swiped by something coming up so I have to recall early or risk attacking for all three ticks of the attack.

I don't know how to stress this enough, this game requires high levels of activity or a strong need to not be worried about losing troops. You get bounty (25% at the proper score level and scaled down thereafter i believe) and 35% insurance, so if you lose troops you really aren't that badly off. There was a time where you got NO insurance, and there was not a base bounty. Count your lucky stars my friend.

I"ll be sorry if we lose another player because of the high levels of activity but i'm sure you'll find solace in whatever other games you choose to play. Also you haven't addressed my (and other people's) concerns about essentially making attacking loss free and almost fully automated. A large portion of the human element is End of tick sends/recalls; or stealth rolling mobs to targets to throw off the defence; or accidentally recalling last tick but making it too late and dying. This is all part of the game, just like high activity is also a part of the game. My sympathies to your predicament but, for the third time, this is not the appropriate solution.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
i can see this working for *defence* never for attacks, unless geo's fire at all ticks depending on what you pick. in which case i can see this being easily abused, because say my route is RPG i dont want to be last ticked so i set it to only go for first two ticks. bam. but i originally thought this mean you could send out attacks at a higher ETA (say eat 10 instead of 5) incase you were going to be gone for awhile then you could send it eta 10 go eat come back and it be atf 3 instead of returning eta 3.

Jase

Harvester
I do somewhat see where you are coming from but..

I have seen this in other games where it is a good feature but the ticks for those games are like 2min or less, 10min ticks are easily long enough to recall manually, if you're going out then tough sh*t i guess, if you're attacking you should have to recall yourself, no point playing if the game will make it so you don't really need to "play" anymore...

Btw, before you say something about paol having this feature and being 1hour ticks, that's because attacks take 18hours to get there sometimes!

CFalcon

Official Helper
The only time I can imagine using such a feature is either for biker rushing/stealth rolling, which we don't need to make any easier, or for last ticking myself without having to stay online those few extra ticks to recall at the right time. Any other situation you will want to be online to check for changes (AR, defence, rush boosts etc).
I appreciate it would be handy, but it doesn't really seem justified for just that one specific use.

Ghost

Weeder
This would make stealth bounty hunting on alliances painfully easy. As it is, many SA players send full stealth mobs, if defence is a tick behind that mob then the BHer gets a whole free tick to massacre the target then recall. Having an auto-recall at Att. for 2 would make it even easier for the BHer than it already is.

Activity is a huge part of the game, if you can't be online sorry, but find a way around it or don't play, simple as that.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Activity is a big part of this game, and it's the reason this game does not have a bigger playbase. It revolves too much around activity opposed to skill, and while you could say that this suggestion takes away the need for both, a lot of the posts here are unecessary hostile.

The risk of abuse is present, especially with stealth mobs and rushes. This would of course have to be a feature for "normal attacks". E.g. eta 5 attacks, with geos and 2/3 of the mobs value in visible units. The only routes who could abuse it then would be routes particularly good on the ranged tick, but tbh, if you're not able to a) defend against or b) get your robot player to send out from an incoming RPG player, he'll be dead after the first tick anyway. Same goes for the RPG that gets mullered by an SA - you need defence to be there first tick, or the player has to send away.

That leaves the risk of automating the game. This has to be valued up against the risk of not getting new players to stick around. There have been a lot of suggestions and implementations over the rounds that have slowly taken away some skill from the established "leet" players. The live clock makes eot sends/recalls a breeze, for example. However, while this suggestion too takes away the need for something the core playerbase has in abundance, it's hardly game breaking. You will have to pre-decide wether you're going to be staying for three ticks or not, and, opposed to normal attacks, you can't change your mind and stay for three ticks if you've already given the orders "recall on attacking for 2" when sending out the mob. It does not alter anything; it only gives you an option to being online in an hour - with a catch. Kind of like sleepmode.

Bear in mind that this would be of very situational use if implemented right, but it would allow the casual player to participate more, without weaking the position of the experienced players.

The more I think of it the more I lean towards agreeing with the suggestion.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
And timtadams that kind of situation you were in is easily remedied if you send with a tractor/combine/geo or something to extend the time it'll take your defence to arrive (this is assuming you're not trying to last tick yourself).

I was trying to last tick myself. Sorry i didnt mention that

Also, a few people mentioned how it is abusable (eg biker rushes ect) for this reason i suggest it only be allowed for defensive mobs, or mobs to government only (as i mentioned)

Im not sure whether i actually support this, just throwing ideas out.