A Public Announcement - Brought to you by ...-

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Good evening, Bushtarion.
Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.

There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted onto IRCchannels, and mobs with LETs will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this game, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, landrapeage. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now rank 1 alliance, RRR. They promised you order, they promised you no more reason to fight, and all they demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. I wish to end that silence. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this alliance, the crime of leading the game, remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of their companies, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

Some of you say RRR have all ready won, some say their lead is to great. Well if you think that, yes they have won.

But as of now they have 20 player valued at approx. 215 bill holding 400000 acres

The alliances ranked 2-5 has 80 valued 226 bill and 500000 acres
add in the alliances ranked 6-10 you get 100 more players, 119 bill and 388000 acres...

All it will take is some cooperation and planning. But maybe some of you are content with fighting for 2. place, and the shot at becoming the best losers?

tl;dr. Resistance good people of Bushtarion!

Last edited:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
That was a complete load of movitational bollocks, but I appreciate the point of your post :p

Will you organise it then?

*edit* tl;dr. Resistance good people of Bushtarion! <--- What's that mean?

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
That was a complete load of movitational bollocks, but I appreciate the point of your post :p

"too long; didn't read" - it's the summary!
;)

And I would think more than one person is needed to organize it, but as I have said from day 1 of this Round, I'm gonna join any and all resistances vs. #1, and I'm more than willing to contribute in planning it.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

"too long; didn't read" - it's the summary!
;)

And I would think more than one person is needed to organize it, but as I have said from day 1 of this Round, I'm gonna join any and all resistances vs. #1, and I'm more than willing to contribute in planning it.

Good, we are getting somewhere. No it doesn't take a 'team' to plan it. It takes one person who will recruit certain alliances, the leaders and organiser then discuss tactics. If there is a 'team' working on it it will always be someone else's job to do it. If one person does it, but discusses things with other leaders then it will happen.

You need a few certain people that all want the same thing for it to work. I want to win this round, so I shant tell you who you should be speaking to, but I'm sure you can use logic.

I find it's far easier to speak about something than actually do it, I hope you are able to act on your words, if not find someone who will.

Thanks for the clarification of the shorthand ;)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Some alliances dont have the motivation as there is no reward for the smaller alliances, and the smaller alliances are hard to contact.

Others care little about the game anymore.

Others don't have the paitence.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I will be happy to lend Enrico some planning skills.

Honestly to launch the first volley all we need is bodies. I'll be happy to tell you what units are best against what targets and if we have a quorum to send, then we can set an LT real easily.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Martin, you are right, I doesn't take a team to plan it, but it will take a concentrated effort and a willingness to play ball.

Ideally all involved alliances should have their leader plus a designated liason, able to speak for the alliance in the leaders absence.

Setting up an IRCchannel, and making preliminary thoughts is no big deal, and I here by invite those leaders who are at least interested in such preliminary talks to contact me either be mail here or via the PM ingame.

Thus we will see who is at least interested in making an effort, and who is just sheep, eager to secure their losing rank...

as for the smaller alliances being hard to contact, I find that biased, but regardless. 4-6 alliances in the top 10 is more than equal in size to the rank 1, and have more acres.

cb1202

Head Gardener
TBH of those alliances, how many will send? I know everyone in my alliance will be here to defend :p

Silence

Head Gardener
But as of now they have 20 player valued at approx. 215 bill holding 400000 acres

add in the alliances ranked 6-10 you get 100 more players, 119 bill and 388000 acres...

The first thing I will want to pick at is your figures, because to be blunt the rest was rubbish and wasn't worth the time reading. Whilst your figures maybe correct, I am not arguing against the figures themselves but at the justification to post the figures. The figures are based upon complete activity of all alliances between rank 2-10. Does that not seem even slightly ludicrous? RRR have proved themselves to be the most active alliance and the most contactable. That is the fundamental reason for the rank. The ability to perform attacks at key times are secondary.
Secondly you are claiming that the resistance will have something to fight for. When I am in the situation of an alliance who has put up a fight, I will only resist against an alliance who I believe can be toppled. The individual player will not care about the resistance as they not that they cannot attain rank one. And rank one will not be attacking them, their dispute should be against the mid level alliances who deem in necessary to bash and wave them (and even plant spies might I remind you)

All it will take is some cooperation and planning. But maybe some of you are content with fighting for 2. place, and the shot at becoming the best losers?

I know from experience that a little cooperation and planning for a group of 20 competent members is manageable. To even suggest that 9 alliances form together to cooperate and plan together is again ludicrous.

It is for the good of the person who may inherit the rank after the rank one alliance falls, if indeed that would happen. I cant see it.

And I know this post will suggest RRR are in fact scared. Which I would reply is completely false (saving time here heh.) The grounds for believing this is that simply that the activity is far too great, the determination to win is also far too great. From the frustration of last round where the powerblock took the round the members of RRR are determined.

So to really sum up, the resistance will be a waste of time. It is a false statement that it is fun to attack in a resistance, I have been there and it is full of arguments and frustrated failed attacks, even if it were to work, I ask you what is your personal gain. The fun of the game lies in 1v1 alliance wars, on fair grounds thats where the thrill lies. Enjoy your round. I have enjoyed mine

Thank you.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
i dont like silence, just because he is afraid to take on the other alliances he talks it down, people dont listen to him, he knows that enrico is right and is trying to get rid of the help, or even enrico, so band together and prove him wrong

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

The first thing I will want to pick at is your figures, because to be blunt the rest was rubbish and wasn't worth the time reading. Whilst your figures maybe correct, I am not arguing against the figures themselves but at the justification to post the figures. The figures are based upon complete activity of all alliances between rank 2-10. Does that not seem even slightly ludicrous? RRR have proved themselves to be the most active alliance and the most contactable. That is the fundamental reason for the rank. The ability to perform attacks at key times are secondary.
Secondly you are claiming that the resistance will have something to fight for. When I am in the situation of an alliance who has put up a fight, I will only resist against an alliance who I believe can be toppled. The individual player will not care about the resistance as they not that they cannot attain rank one. And rank one will not be attacking them, their dispute should be against the mid level alliances who deem in necessary to bash and wave them (and even plant spies might I remind you)

Ah, but the question must be what do the rank 2-5 want to spend the rest of the round doing: Jockey for the top loser spot, or try to do something against #1?

As for the ones below, what is most enjoyable: defending against bottomfeeding, or actually taking the fight to someone else, and going on the offensive?

Off course RRR has high activity and contactability. I and most of my players play maybe 8h a day, I am sure you play twice as many hours... but that still leaves 8h a day where a given player is offline, and if that player must be woken 2-3 times a day, I know from experience people will be more prone to making mistakes or getting fed up.

And as I showed the numbers are still not close to being equal in respect to acres and value...

I know from experience that a little cooperation and planning for a group of 20 competent members is manageable. To even suggest that 9 alliances form together to cooperate and plan together is again ludicrous.

It is for the good of the person who may inherit the rank after the rank one alliance falls, if indeed that would happen. I cant see it.

And I know this post will suggest RRR are in fact scared. Which I would reply is completely false (saving time here heh.) The grounds for believing this is that simply that the activity is far too great, the determination to win is also far too great. From the frustration of last round where the powerblock took the round the members of RRR are determined.

So to really sum up, the resistance will be a waste of time. It is a false statement that it is fun to attack in a resistance, I have been there and it is full of arguments and frustrated failed attacks, even if it were to work, I ask you what is your personal gain. The fun of the game lies in 1v1 alliance wars, on fair grounds thats where the thrill lies. Enjoy your round. I have enjoyed mine

Thank you.

I just ask players to ask themselves:
Why do you play this game, is it to just build score, hoard acres and chit chat? Or is it to wage war, make a mark and have fun?

Naturally the bigger allies will have the most to gain, one of the will be the new #1 while the others will have a better shot at taking them down later, on the other hand they will also numerically face greater losses and larger risk for counterattacks...

Just the fact that you post in this thread shows that you are not certain a resistance will fail, if you were, why bother, why not just look forward to some interesting battles?

Oh I think that your attempts to prove why you don't fear a resistance is rather proving that you are! :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Thank you.

Normally i am the one being resisted against so i only ever organised resistences in 2 rounds.
Both worked.

Game on Silence.

/me prods JJ, Garret, DA.

Nitrous

Head Gardener
NOTE: I've skimmed read the 1st post - didnt even bother reading any of the other responses - just seemed a waste of time (in a way, my post will be a waste of time cause i can imagine many people saying simliar things).

When I skimmed through the 1st post my eye caught 10 alliances (and their statistics) vs rank 1 in a resistance.

I'd say this is a piss poor attempt to save your alliance from being hit from bigger alliances.

How unrealistic do you want to be? Organising a resistance consisting of the top 10 alliances...right...gl with that.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
NOTE: I've skimmed read the 1st post - didnt even bother reading any of the other responses - just seemed a waste of time (in a way, my post will be a waste of time cause i can imagine many people saying simliar things).

When I skimmed through the 1st post my eye caught 10 alliances (and their statistics) vs rank 1 in a resistance.

I'd say this is a piss poor attempt to save your alliance from being hit from bigger alliances.

How unrealistic do you want to be? Organising a resistance consisting of the top 10 alliances...right...gl with that.

Nitrous, If you had actually read the post, you would have seen that in fact 3-5 allies would be enough... and I have been part of resistances counting 7 alliances + solo groups.

The numbers was just to show that even with the current lead, RRR is no where near having a complete control of the field.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
obviously i'm resisting so i can win.

now lay down for me plz.