• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Executive Order

xvi

Harvester
I have only been a part of the Bushtarion community for 6 rounds, but
by the way I see it:

1. You have to be either Contactable or a crafty Sleeper to be successful in an alliance. (This is why the player base is huge with the college demographic).
2. Alliance HQ troops and bases are a joke.
3. It is too easy to smash an alliance that is 30-40% your size.

I would like to see there be an Executive Order command given to the Alliance Leader or members above a certain security. This command would empty the Alliance HQ and send all troops back to their ID owner. I think this would give alliance members a good place to camp their troops. Its a big responsibility to the leader, but hey thats the price of being a leader.

This way in order for a larger alliance to smash a smaller one, they would first have to empty the alliance HQ. Sure they could just steal land away from members who are camping, but thats the benefit of being active. And they would still have to face the alliance members that were online.

xvi

Garrett

Landscape Designer
tbh i like parts of this idea. however, i'm afraid the ability to control everyone's troops through... expulsion... it's too much like giving control of your ID over. Maybe I'm overreacting, but this doesn't sit well with me.

Ok so your alliance parks troops at HQ, then someone comes to smash the hq... you send all trooops back to their ID. the ID's come under attack individually...

what then?

Garrett

Landscape Designer
this sleep thing you talk of... at rank 8 all time activity for the round... i know not of what you speak.

Commy 64

Weeder
I agree with the sentiment of xvi, which is to somehow change the game mechanic so that people other than college/uni students can play with some success.

As a working class father of 2, I find it really difficult to not sleep through 3AM texts, especially when I have a big meeting or report due at work the next day. Sleep mode is great, but there is such a stigma against folks who use it (to sleep)...that it is tough to use...

When a large alliance decides to smash/wave a smaller one...people like me are pretty much screwed...because the incs are so huge that they can't be defended, even if we have decent night cover.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Couldn't someone rush the HQ. Troops recalled back to the player.

Second person then rushes the ID. In rushes it wouldn't make a lot of difference in some examples.

Matt

Harvester
to be honest! last round i parked my 10bill worth of troops at the HQ as i was getting bashed regularly and was in a small alliance so everytime i went offline i sent to the HQ, and i had like 50mill Sleepers at home and people saw my staff were out n didnt launch on me! LOL

i dont think the leader having the option to send all troops back to there base is needed or a good idea.

if you or your alliance want to park ur troops at HQ, get some HQ units! to help protect them there!

Podunk

Head Gardener
Though, if you part at the HQ, only alliances of similar size can lanch on you I believe. So just parking there should be enough...

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
I have only been a part of the Bushtarion community for 6 rounds, but
by the way I see it:

1. You have to be either Contactable or a crafty Sleeper to be successful in an alliance. (This is why the player base is huge with the college demographic).
2. Alliance HQ troops and bases are a joke.
3. It is too easy to smash an alliance that is 30-40% your size.

Agreed: http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2270

xvi

Harvester
Polo, I like your idea too! The benefits to a solo are great, but honestly there are only a few people who stay solo the whole round, atleast ones that play often. One way or another, this game must get away from the contactability demand in order to grow.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I understand your point of view, and I agree with the need to do something about it, but I disagree with your solution. I think the way lies in Polo's suggestion for a new sleep mode, and Garrets suggestion for a revamped HQ and HQ units.

Giving other players control of your troops just doesn't sit right with me, and it wouldn't really solve all that much. Not with the state of the current HQ anyway.