any good for that price?

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
• Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor Q8300 (2.5 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 4 MB Cache)
• NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 230 DirectX® 10 512 MB DDR
• 1000 GB hdd
• 4 GB memory
bluray player with dvd burner
• eSATA connection
• connection front: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x Firewire, 1 x microfoon, 1 x hoofdtelefoon, 1 x eSATA
• connection back: 2 x PS/2, 6 x USB 2.0, 1 x LAN (RJ45), 1 x COM poort, 1 x Firewire, 1 x front line out, 1 x back surround line out, 1 x side surround line out, 1 x center/subwoofer line out, 1 x line in, 1 x S/P-DIF out (opt.), 1 x S/P-DIF (coax.), 1 x DVI-I, 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA

699,- euro

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I wouldn't go with a GT230 - low end graphics card, 'rebranded' 9500/9600 GT's.

You can probably get better hardware for that price. Is there a reason you want a Quad Core? Dual Cores are still better for 'normal' use and gaming, and much cheaper. Do you really need/want a blu-ray player? Got a website you found this one on, so that we can have a peek? :p

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Very reasonable price, IMO.

I think you'd struggle to find cheaper.

Yang

Harvester
I'm gonna buy a computer soon as well. Is this self built with bought components or is this a package?

If its a package, could you post the URL of it please?

aGit

Harvester

to me that sound terribly overpriced.

the CPU is around 180-200e, 2x 2gb of ram ~50e, couldnt find a price for the low end 230 gt but as maxi said, its basicly just rebranded older model and thus cannot cost that much.

the rest basicly comes down to the blue ray and the mobo. and to me, that seems terribly expensive solution.

i take it that the computer atsanjose is talking about is a bundle? since nothing was mentioned about the PSU nor the case? If you have the know-how, it will be cheaper for you to build the computer yourself and buy the invidual parts instead of the bundle.

Last edited:

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Cheaper or much more 'bang-for-bucks'. The CPU is around 165€ in the Netherlands, too. And think you've mistyped it aGit, it's 60€ for 4gigs. :p

aGit

Harvester
meh, i bought 2gb of 1066mhz ddr2 kingston for 22.9e

he only said 4gb, no stats what so ever so i took the liberty of using the memory that i have for comparison. also seeing as i'm also quite certain that he wont be buying his computer from finland, the ~ in front of the 50e plays a big role.

edit:

oh yeah i meant to say 2x2gb ~50e not 1gb ofc.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

to me that sound terribly overpriced.

the CPU is around 180-200e, 2x 2gb of ram ~50e, couldnt find a price for the low end 230 gt but as maxi said, its basicly just rebranded older model and thus cannot cost that much.

the rest basicly comes down to the blue ray and the mobo. and to me, that seems terribly expensive solution.

i take it that the computer atsanjose is talking about is a bundle? since nothing was mentioned about the PSU nor the case? If you have the know-how, it will be cheaper for you to build the computer yourself and buy the invidual parts instead of the bundle.

You're always going to find cheaper somewhere, but I certainly wouldnt call that bundle "overpriced".

He's talking about a deal in a supermarket, Aldi - I've seen them do some pretty decent deals in UK stores to.

I agree you probably don't need a blu-ray player. Unless you're planning on buying a very high end screen that costs as much as the base' itself :p

Quad core I wouldn't knock. Dual core is more than sufficient for most things these days but it doesn't hurt to be future proof :p

Graphics-card-wise. Depends what you're planning to do. Are you a console gamer or a PC gamer? The graphics card they have in this bundle isnt amazing, but I imagine it'd play most FPS games on medium-settings without much hassle.

-

The below deal from Dell gives an indication of the how reasonable the Aldi package is:

683.304 EUR (Excluding VAT (around 78 EUR)

XPS 430
Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Core Processor Q8200 (2.33GHz, 1333MHz, 4MB cache)
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium SP1 - English (32 BIT)
3072MB 1333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [3x1024]
Display Not Included
640 GB Serial ATA non Raid (7200 Rpm)

(Worse spec)

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You can't compare a no-name pc with an already pricy Dell XPS. :p

Btw, I'm not saying it's a bad pc, jsut that you can probably find better for the same price.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
meh, i bought 2gb of 1066mhz ddr2 kingston for 22.9e

he only said 4gb, no stats what so ever so i took the liberty of using the memory that i have for comparison. also seeing as i'm also quite certain that he wont be buying his computer from finland, the ~ in front of the 50e plays a big role.

edit:

oh yeah i meant to say 2x2gb ~50e not 1gb ofc.

ddr3....

i think :p

+ yeah i dont have to build it myself (dont know how and dont have the time :)

+ i will mostly use it for playing movies on my full hd tv :p (i hope)

and when the video card is gonna drag me down in half a year/ year iam just gonna put a new one in it. rest should be good for a couple off years

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Yeah, it's a 'good' buy, don't worry. ;)