armour based flack for health based routes

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
dunno what to say. but i just dont get it. i just dont get it. tried to gripe before but cant say what i want to. so im just gonna say it best i can.

armour based flacking units such as jeeps/humvees/irongolems(maybe less so) ar silly and gay. they are meant to stop weak armour stripping units from killing your men.

sure works agains secret agents vs terrorists(using jeeps) for example. because the armour strippers fire after. but when a robo comes in. it doesnt matter how many jeeps you have the cybers have so much armour damage that the health based units with minimal armour still get raped through the jeeps.

I see soo little purpose in the heavy armoured flack due to its cost and reduced damage output for the cost. it may keep 10-20% of your men allive and make all the difference in big battles and when your not on but being defended. but they frustrate and annoy me ever since i started playing at their in ability to actually do the job effectively. i cant grip about golems so much they are pretty cheap. and after ive tried massing sirens&witches and killing every terrorist i can find, im sure ill mass dragons with iron golem flack as i'm curious to see the outcome. But for a unit with little armour i dont think it donates enough armour coverage for its cost. the units underneath still get stripped.
especially with expensive armour units when the main unit is cheap.

i dunno maybe im not noticing thier ability to keep the routes alive well enough. i Guess its because when people hit you nowadays they just mass you hitting people at 30-40% of them. so theres always enough armours strippers to let your other units get stripped. and i know you cant make them stronger because then they make the route over powered against people who do attack at a fair range. dunno gripe gripe gripe.

just think next time if you make another route. gimmie an awsome flacking unit make it expensive with the ability to eat small amounts of innocents and spit them out into some sort of cheap nasty lethal that act as cannon fodder. that would be worth the cost.

saint1d

Head Gardener
I understand your gripe, but you cant be 100% effective against every route in the game. It's a bit like saying pb's are good health flak but they get killed by health killers :(

Turnip2k

Harvester
If someone playing your counter routes wants to kill you, they will. Only your ally defense or AR can stop it. Doesn't matter what setup you take, killing you one on one will be a simple task, especially if they are alot bigger than you

cb1202

Head Gardener
I have found that these armor based flak units are really only useful if u are solo. If you are in an alliance I wouldnt bother buying them, because you have robos and other people to provide the armor. As a solo however, when you cant be massed by someone 3X ur score it can mean the difference between your units firing and all of them dying.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Well I think the question relies in:
What is supposed to be the main enemy of these mentioned routes as if it is supposed to be robots then fine, but shouldnt those vampires and SAs be much weaker then... or if these routes are weak to health based then shouldnt those robots actually suck against armour flak.

;)

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Well I think the question relies in:
What is supposed to be the main enemy of these mentioned routes as if it is supposed to be robots then fine, but shouldnt those vampires and SAs be much weaker then... or if these routes are weak to health based then shouldnt those robots actually suck against armour flak.

;)

Not sure exactly what you are getting at here BW but if I understand you correctly then yes , Jeeps and Humvees will help to keep the vampire players off your back, and theoretically the SA's too. It's just not cost effective for a vamp player to hit someone with a ton of armour flak like that, because if you are set up well, we can't kill enough of that armour flak to land. <-- this is more true of a solo target where AR has to be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
im up set there isn't a "u win" button too. but i was more just griping for the sake of it. venting ftw