• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Nice Extra Thing in Statistics

Yang

Harvester
How about a pie chart showing the percentage of the routes that people have went that round?

Or it could be in figures such as:

23% went Robotics
17% went Spec Ops
32% went Thugs
18% went Fantasy
etc etc...

just a nice thing to have and also to allow players who restart/make an account to see what route to go to maybe balance the numbers

cb1202

Head Gardener
There actually used to be a page that would show how many of each technology had been developed that round, but it was removed, because it gave an unfair advantage to people who knew what to do with it. If I know everyone is going robots I am going to go striker or RPG.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
There actually used to be a page that would show how many of each technology had been developed that round, but it was removed, because it gave an unfair advantage to people who knew what to do with it. If I know everyone is going robots I am going to go striker or RPG.

so then it balances the game more....

only positive i guess...

Yang

Harvester
Well I don't mean each individual research, just an overall route check

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I'd support having this for the end of the round; but not beforehand really.

Agreed here. I do like the idea.

What if it was made available like 15% or more into the round, like ally stats? That way it might sorta help those starting late, and still help balance it a bit...

Yang

Harvester
no they won't :p

Their not gonna hack the entire population of the players, just potential targets/attackers/defenders/friends.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Hence the global route distribution is not of interest for them .. just your targets and attacker routes :p

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I agree that this might be a nice addition. Either on the portal, and accessible without an account, or as another page of the statistic site. If you want to only make it visible at the same time as alliance stats that's fine by me. Not really bothered either way. But it shouldn't be visible from tick 1 (as then you'd easily see who the early techers are, and that wouldn't be beneficial).

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I agree that this might be a nice addition. Either on the portal, and accessible without an account, or as another page of the statistic site. If you want to only make it visible at the same time as alliance stats that's fine by me. Not really bothered either way. But it shouldn't be visible from tick 1 (as then you'd easily see who the early techers are, and that wouldn't be beneficial).

you can allready see who started and you can find out what they started....

you know that.

Tapeyy

Pruner
Should defiantly be added if only after the round has ended, but I would like it during the round as well. After 40% of the round has past or so.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Should defiantly be added if only after the round has ended, but I would like it during the round as well. After 40% of the round has past or so.

I like the second part...

wait, but make it 15% of the round,

yeeaaahhhhhh, that sounds like an awesome idea.....fiffffffteeeeeeennnnnnnnnn peeeeeerrrrrrrrrrcennnnnnnnntttttt, yeaahhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm

No-Dachi

Official Helper

you know that.

Yes of course. But you wont get a breakdown of what the first 100 to tech has started. It might not be accurate anyway, because of the difference in cost, but if you wait out a day or so you should have a fairly good representation of what the active playerbase will play.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

you know that.

Yes of course. But you wont get a breakdown of what the first 100 to tech has started. It might not be accurate anyway, because of the difference in cost, but if you wait out a day or so you should have a fairly good representation of what the active playerbase will play.

offcourse, as i see it, i see only oppertunities no disadvantages.
the fast developers are most off the time the people who do good all round long and its good to give them some challenge and go the counter routes.

but to be honest. all you will see is that most alliance use a normal route settup, nothing exciting there. and maby occasionly the nutcases who create an alliance and all go thug or something....

the statistics come in handy more later in round when the masses start to develop and so you can ancipate on which route has the most targets.

i think this suggestion is good for early game politics/strategie and also handy later in the round for the individual.

just my 10 eurocents.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
problems & adavantages

what about routes that cross terrors/tls on prot and thug side. not really going to give you any idea how many people went rebels or what not its just going to show some sort of distribution. if take precisesly as suggested. so perfectly fine

if more indepth possbailities added for each branch of a tree, it becomes more complex and more potentially abuseable

the problem: when do you start counting a player of the game and add thier route to stats. how active must they be. must they be a certain rank. should the pie chart be weighted on a score basis? i mean like the round there was a bunker frenzy, most of the top spots ended up going to bunkers because they werent nice targets to kill. shouldnt they get a higher slice of the pie chart because of having a higher score.

for example 1500 players. there are likely to be like 500 inactive hardly playing. should what route they went be included. or only those that were active.

alternatively could have a total population piechart distribution & a top 150/200 piechart distribution

Mattheus

Head Gardener
problems & adavantages

what about routes that cross terrors/tls on prot and thug side. not really going to give you any idea how many people went rebels or what not its just going to show some sort of distribution. if take precisesly as suggested. so perfectly fine

if more indepth possbailities added for each branch of a tree, it becomes more complex and more potentially abuseable

the problem: when do you start counting a player of the game and add thier route to stats. how active must they be. must they be a certain rank. should the pie chart be weighted on a score basis? i mean like the round there was a bunker frenzy, most of the top spots ended up going to bunkers because they werent nice targets to kill. shouldnt they get a higher slice of the pie chart because of having a higher score.

for example 1500 players. there are likely to be like 500 inactive hardly playing. should what route they went be included. or only those that were active.

alternatively could have a total population piechart distribution & a top 150/200 piechart distribution

You're really over thinking this.

Thumbs up to Yang's suggestion though, I like it.