Something to think about

timtadams

Landscape Designer
If there is an invincible spear that can penetrate anything

and an indestructible shield

what will happen when they meet?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
An invincible spear and an indestructible shield are mutually exclusive. You can't have both since they would defy the existence of the other one.

You can have an invincible spear that breaks through anything, or an indestructible shield that stops everything. You cannot have both.

• Logic: if such a thing as an irresistible force exists, then no object is immovable, and vice versa. It is logically impossible to have these two entities (a force that cannot be resisted and an object that cannot be moved by any force) in the same universe.

• Semantics: if there is such a thing as an irresistible force, then the phrase immovable object is meaningless in that context, and vice versa, and the issue amounts to the same thing as, for example, asking for a triangle that has four sides.
*So*, to answer your original question, nothing will happen since they cannot logically co-exist.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The part of "logic" and "semantics" i ripped from Wikipedia since it put it better than i could at 7oclock in the morning.

The rest of it was me tho. I have taken a few logic/philosophy courses and this is one of the first logical 'problems' we worked through ;) A good one, and a classic one at that!