Ingame Time latency

Inferno

Official Helper
Community Operator
Ok soooo its begining to piss me off a *little* i dont know whether or not anyone else is experiencing this, buuuuut sure we have all missed ticks, (some more than others) but when sending out an attack, recalling EOT, planting EOT, buying up troops EOT, whatever, anything to do with the last few crucial seconds of a tick you hit that SEND button and the time is (from my last direct experience) 22:49:50, the page takes what all of 2 seconds to load max, and the time is 22:50:09 ermmmmm 19 seconds have past instead of 2-5 max. is Anyone else getting this more and more lately? is it my computer? ( i doubt it is my comp) Discuss, argue and advise please!

xXx Muchos love.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
it used to piss me off in the first round that it happened.. but let me ask you this...

do you use a 3rd/middle button/wheel to scroll your web pages?

I've noticed if I've clicked my wheel to scroll... that the moment you click the page actually kinda freezes...

That's when the page becomes out of sync with the game. Since I stopped using the wheel to scroll on bush, I've never had that problem again.

If that's not it, then you are screwed. Sorry.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I've had the same problem a couple of times and that is why I usually open multiple times to check if my "real" tab is not behind in time.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
It's due to the nature of the web browser! Some actions (as Garrett points out, mouse wheel scrolling) tend to affect the rendering of the page and thus the Javascript (since Javascript is all client-side) which is what drives the clock. The only way to combat this really is to refresh your tab at what you expect is xx:x9:00 and double-check.

Either that or invent a lag-free instant-rendering browser that has no trouble with javascript what-so-ever. Or wear a Bushtarion-synced watch!

Inferno

Official Helper
Community Operator
Garret: nope i dont use the middle button (well not in this case, was using the touchpad on mah laptop) normally i do but i left my mouse at uni over easter.
f0xx: i have multiple tabs open, but atm they all say the same time. i shall be using that idea from now on though:p
XxX

Edit: Weeble you legend. thanks for explaining that. i think i should create a gripe about it now i know what it is! (cba actually). Invent a lag-free instant-rendering browser that has no trouble with javascript what-so-ever you say? well give me 10 minutes or so and ill have it up and running.... ;)