• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Mob Notes on Military page

Souls

Official Helper
(23:41:45) (+Souls) i wish i could edit mob notes as i sent my mob from the mil page
(23:41:46) (+Souls) :(

Shadow

Harvester
would be a useful thing to have.

Also since a thread about mob notes will add something i think should be added.

The ability to put a Note to unknown mobs. atm you can't jsut comes up as unknown and nothing else. Would be kewl to leave a note to say wott o do about it or something.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
the outgoings yes!!!!! can say whether its good to piggy here etc :D
the stealth, no no and no
cos if it recalls and resends, the note goes and new mob appears, makes it toooo easy to defend against

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
the outgoings yes!!!!! can say whether its good to piggy here etc :D
the stealth, no no and no
cos if it recalls and resends, the note goes and new mob appears, makes it toooo easy to defend against

Being quite slow, I've only just noticed you can't tag Unknown mobs. To be honest, this is bullcrap, there are already many benefits stacking up for stealth attacking, I don't see why we should give yet another bonus. Enable unknown mob-tagging.

That is all.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Agreed, unknown mobs shouldn't be able to be tagged.

As for being able to add mob notes on the military page, i just dont think its neccesary? Cant you just send, hop over to the ally page and add it there. Takes no more time really aside from opening one more page which you'd prob be going to anyway.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I agree with Pin's views, and I feel that it would clutter up the page more than being a real asset.

While on the topic of notes: how about doing a distinction between being allowed to edit own mob notes, and everyones mob notes? I feel that there are some members whom you'll want to act as def coordinators and some you'd rather not have touch anything that involves tactics ;) If this already is implemented then never mind :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
And remove the ability to do stealth-rolls?

Yes. Stealth attacks have enough advantages as it is.

Your basic stealth attack will rarely work. Just sending an unknown mob to say 3 players in an alliance isnt going to let you kill someone normally. If the alliance doesnt manage to defend against it/prank the person online then thats a fault with them as an alliance. Stealth attacks shouldnt be made easier just cos people have trouble defending against them.

Bonuses should be given for attacking (in any way possible) not taken away!!!
x

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. It's not as if stealth has any major disadvantages for the attacker, and that someone using stealth attacks, whether singularly or with flak/thieves etc. has any major disadvantages as opposed to a normal attack. If anything, they have major advantages, no knowing mob size, no knowing where real is etc. So I do not see whilst we should pile on another advantage like this.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Being able to stealth roll is a fundamental tactic of the game; i would be very very upset to see the ability to do that vanish.

If you have a competent alliance that you're trying to sneak past, being able to roll your mobs so you can get a free tick is vital.

I disagree entirely with the ability to note unknowns; since if you do that you may as well just make stealth units visible.

And if you're semi competent, you're able to pick out the target in your ally with the real, where the fakes will be, and what etas. In general you should be able to do that that since of course there will be specific instances in which you get outfoxed.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
The whole point is if there is a competent alliance, you shouldn't be sneaking past.

It's not as if setting a mob note for unknowns completely removes the possibility of a stealth-roll, for a start it needs the note-maker to be refreshing constantly to update members on the status of the inc, else it needs someone to have notice it.

I can't believe the argument that without a stealth-roll the idea of stealth units becomes pointless has arisen. What utter crap. Stealth units have plenty of other pros:

1) Obviously, lack of knowledge of numbers until eta 3/2/1.
2) For SO-SA in particular, lack of knowledge of what units have actually been sent till etas 3/2/1.
3) Fake stealths, an amazing bonus, in attack or in defence.

To name but a few.

And if you're semi competent, you're able to pick out the target in your ally with the real, where the fakes will be, and what etas.

And if you're semi-competent, you don't send to the obvious target ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
err if it's a competent alliance, that makes sneaking a stealth mob past them even more vital, since if it was incompetent you could just send a normal attack without it being pure stealth.

It's not as if setting a mob note for unknowns completely removes the possibility of a stealth-roll, for a start it needs the note-maker to be refreshing constantly to update members on the status of the inc, else it needs someone to have notice it.

But as soon as i recall the first mob, and resend, it instantly becomes obvious since the note is gone so you *automatically* know the eta of the stealth (providing of course that you don't have eta mods/rushes). The main advantage to a stealth roll in my eyes is that you won't be on the right tick for defence but if you know the eta of the unit (revealed because of the vanishing mob note) then it's totally pointless to send pure stealth.

They won't be 'totally pointless' (forgive me, you know i'm prone to exaggeration) but being able to stealth rush people is one of the fundamental advantages of that route, and you want to take it away just like that. I can't, and won't ever agree to that simply because you want to be able to put a mob note on there.

If you have someone (the note maker) refreshing constantly, then you don't need a mob note, that's what Pols/IRC/mails are for. We survived stealth rolled incoming before we had mob notes, i don't see why we have to put it in now at the expense of one of the fundamental reasons behind stealth units.

Ahead

Head Gardener
There are already easy enough methods that you can use to discover whether somebody is stealth rolling. Besides that I don't think you should be able to add notes, if you want a note there send a defence of 1 unit if somebody's got a free mob and add a note to that friendly visible mob or just post what to do in pols?

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
There are already easy enough methods that you can use to discover whether somebody is stealth rolling. Besides that I don't think you should be able to add notes, if you want a note there send a defence of 1 unit if somebody's got a free mob and add a note to that friendly visible mob or just post what to do in pols?

Fair points, I'll back down for now anyway, I'm not getting anything in the way of support anyway :p

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Mob notes.

Mob notes.

Make it possible to set the mobnote for your mob when you send the mob... Saves having to click onto your alliance to set it, trying to remember what's in the mob.

K, Thanks, Bye x

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Merged Bobbins thread onto the end of this

On topic: I dont see what harm this would do, as long as it wouldnt clutter up the page anymore...

BUT tbh i dont see why you cant just click "Your Alliance" and do it there...meh?

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Make it possible to set the mobnote for your mob when you send the mob... Saves having to click onto your alliance to set it, trying to remember what's in the mob.

K, Thanks, Bye x

That is quite a good idea actually.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

K, Thanks, Bye x

That is quite a good idea actually.

it is, and possibly that way the only person who can edit it would be someone with a higher clearance, everyone can set thier own mob notes no matter what =P