Stay and fight

cb1202

Head Gardener
Has there ever been a time where we didnt send smart defence if you attack alone? Please send with 5 people if thats what it takes, but at least stay and fight us. No matter what time of day, we will send our vamps if you send SO. We will get our strikers to fight robos. Bikes to fight PoM. If you can't deal with it, then just stop sending. If you need help figuring out what you should send to effectively counter what we send for defense, then please ask on the forums/IRC. There are plenty of people who are willing to help.

I do not mind constant incoming, I just don't like it when we have constant incoming and it always recalls at the first sign of defence.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I think its cos some people only have a couple of you in range, so its better to recall...keep you in range and try again later when the land will come at a lower cost...as that could by a persons last target for a few days.

Scorpio

Head Gardener
They tend to sometimes recall at AF1 with no defense at all
It are just a bunch of nice ppl who wouldn't hurt a fly, if you ask me! :)

cb1202

Head Gardener
Well honestly, I thought if none of us were in range then the best thing to do would be to stay and fight. Since we have less land, any losses will hurt us more, and TBH if its a thug hitting a PoM we are going to get him to send away while we help him defend, same is the case with strikers hitting robos ETC... So that guy will still be in range even if the guy stays. I just want some BR's

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Well honestly, I thought if none of us were in range then the best thing to do would be to stay and fight. Since we have less land, any losses will hurt us more, and TBH if its a thug hitting a PoM we are going to get him to send away while we help him defend, same is the case with strikers hitting robos ETC... So that guy will still be in range even if the guy stays. I just want some BR's

Its not always about trying to hurt you...the lower you are the less in range...
:)

Or maybe we're just all scared of dying horribly...;)

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Its not always about trying to hurt you...the lower you are the less in range...
:)

Or maybe we're just all scared of dying horribly...;)

Or maybe y'all are preparing for a Inim Vs Lude vs SG war :p

Warning: There is a 99,99% chance that this may not be true

Garrett

Landscape Designer
score queening is what it's called. they don't want losses because then they may not end up as high value.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Don't want to start another arguement here but ... I can see it's been created/was created as a TBA thread lol (Oh dear ;))

I wish these bikers would stop being scorequeens and recalling from me when i send out and i have a bit of jeep defence :(

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Don't want to start another arguement here but ... I can see it's been created/was created as a TBA thread lol (Oh dear ;))

I wish these bikers would stop being scorequeens and recalling from me when i send out and i have a bit of jeep defence :(

Difference with rushes is that sooner or later, you will find a whole and get 1 - 2 free ticks on your target.
What cb wants to say is that a lot of "TBA" attacks are quite pointless lately, because they send out solo attacks, or poorly organized ones, while they should know by now that those ones are getting pointless.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, we are very lazy is the problem. But it is working, it just takes longer...you send enough attacks and sooner or later you catch someone offline/when defence is out.

x

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I don't there think is a difference.

Do lots of rushes and soon it will be effective.
Do lots of attacks and soon it will be effective.

Same reason for both - people cba to organise after a while.

Just look at war? huh?'s land lost. That didn't take much skill it's just constantly attacking, whether it be a noob attack or not.
Alot of that took recalling and being pwned but just keeping the pressure on untill nobody could be bothered organsing. (Well atleast thats what polo said dunno if it's true).

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
It appears you're effectively asking people to suicide o.0

Profitable land = losses that will be regained in a reasonable period of time by the land you steal from your target. If you're not making recall decisions based on this you're not playing ftw; you're playing for giggles.

It appears the people attacking you/your alliance are playing ftw :p

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Profitable land = losses that will be regained in a reasonable period of time by the land you steal from your target. If you're not making recall decisions based on this you're not playing ftw; you're playing for giggles.

Lol, he isn't expecting them to suicide, but he wishes them to at least bother to organize their attacks (phrased in a "Organize a good attack, stay or just don't bother to send at all")

Especially the flak whore who keep sending on their own / 1 tick behind their mate = ridiculous :p

P.S. I'm not saying "I'm better than TBA" or w/e, but I do get cb's point.
If one TBA-member is the only incoming we have, and members are only a prank away, then the most you'll get is one or 2 free ticks (= our last tick defense). In the best scenario you can just zero a player because of their mistake, which will lead to one less target for you to hit =fail

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
"Organize a good attack, stay or just don't bother to send at all"

Doesnt really work like that...if you cant be bothered to organise a good attack just keep sending over and over and eventually you'll get lucky and stumble onto a good attack by accident...lol

Same as rushing, rushing a good alliance rarely works...but if you keep at it long enough the alliance eventually slips up and you get a tick of free killing...

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Lol, he isn't expecting them to suicide, but he wishes them to at least bother to organize their attacks (phrased in a "Organize a good attack, stay or just don't bother to send at all")

Especially the flak whore who keep sending on their own / 1 tick behind their mate = ridiculous :p

P.S. I'm not saying "I'm better than TBA" or w/e, but I do get cb's point.
If one TBA-member is the only incoming we have, and members are only a prank away, then the most you'll get is one or 2 free ticks (= our last tick defense). In the best scenario you can just zero a player because of their mistake, which will lead to one less target for you to hit =fail

Rushing = going for the kill
Attacking for land = wanting to steal land, not just kill off someone by luck, which just leaves you with less targets.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Rofl, if they want to waste their time sending and recalling on us they can feel free. We still force them to recall 9 out of 10 attacks, and usually hand out some good pwnage if they stay.

I'm satisfied with that.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Have I ever said we're the best, there are some awesome players in there...im not one of them, hence the stumbling...;)