• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bribe/Clone/Convert Cap

septimus

Harvester
yes you can attack at 30% and take no losses, but what do you actually gain from that? when you bribe you lose men and then gain some others. if your good you gain more than you lose. if you just kill you gain nothing![/QUOTE]

Don't you gain bounty from that, which is similar to bribes in so far as it can be used to puchase new units(well, more like converts I suppose).

rooney

Head Gardener
yeah but bounty at 30% is **** (i know f0xx proved its worthwhile sometimes, but still not anything to shout about)

Matt

Harvester
yeah but bounty at 30% is **** (i know f0xx proved its worthwhile sometimes, but still not anything to shout about)

the fact is that this is about people losing staff rather than gaining staff,

this thread was created because someones staff got bribed, they would still be in the same boat if they also got killed.

I dont see the point in capping bribing/converting etc.... if you do you may aswell just delete those routes and units as they would become obsolete.

Im a Puppet, and not im upto over 3bill score im starting to find it very difficult to bribe units as easy as i did before. simply because everyone around my range now are all in decent allys the min range i can attack is about 1.2bill capping my bribe rate would literally destroy this route.

Now ive been hit by people on 12bill score now puppets are woth 90bill per mill i lose 5mill puppets by someone sending 30mill PA's and 15mill CW's

30% of that would go in bounty so thats 150bill roughly soo now tell me thats 150 bill worth of troops, now shouldnt that be capped?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Matt said:
30% of that would go in bounty so thats 150bill roughly soo now tell me thats 150 bill worth of troops, now shouldnt that be capped?

Are you saying that the attacker will have got 30% of the damage he dealt?
Thats not true if he is attacking at the bottom of his range. If someone is attacking you at 30% (which is what you said) they will be getting below 5% bounty from what they killed...so its negligible.
x