• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Military Hack

mattrus

Digger
Basicly its the 5th in the "spy" category, Where by spy will show you the news of the spyed party, showing X sent # units to Attack/Defend Y but no unit specific details on the mob sent. My idea is the Military hack will Provide specifics on the outgoing military units of the player being hacked. An advance upon this concept could be a relative ioncreasing cost as the score of the hacked player increases. For instance, if you are looking to hack a player with score 100mil it will cost 100mil, where as hacking a player of 1bil will cost 1bil. Any suggestions on this more than welcome :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Personally i dont like it at all. Alot of the skill in the game is working out who is fake/real in defence or attacks.

This would mean high ranked players (with more funds ofc) would be able to tell what defenders had sent.

It would just be taking even more skill out of the game. So like i said, its a No in my opinion.

x

Scorpio

Head Gardener
Ain't gonna happen! As Pin said, it would remove a whole dimension from the game. When people are fast enough, they can know where the fakes and reals are..

+ people at the top would be overpowered as they have more money and lower score targets

Edit: Hmm I said nothing new, only half-read what pin said :p

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Fake attacks & defence are the basis of almost any attack or war... What are the reasons you think this is worth implementing, mattrus? Just to make it easier? I think it'd make both attacks and especially defence a lot harder. :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't like this idea i'm afraid for all the aforementioned reasons. If you make the 'deception' part of attacking/defending harder, all you'll be encouraging is brute force attacking since you can no longer even pretend to deceive your opponent.

As to an increasing cost for intel; it wouldn't work in the manner you propose, since for new starting players they'll be spending a disproportionate amount of their cash on intel (especially early game); and even later on, when i look for targets i might hack anywhere from 5-50 targets to find one i like. if my targets are all in the 2-3 bill score range, hacking and spying becomes a prohibitively expensive proposition; not to mention hacking for a resistance, or during defence. God forbid you should run out of funds when your ally suddenly gets 25 incs :p And i don't know about you, but i hack/spy people repeatedly when i'm attacking and when i have incoming.

The only way this would work is if the cost of your intel was related directly to your own score/income and not your target. But i would not like to see any idea of this sort implemented, intel is probably the one thing in this game i don't really think needs to be changed or altered in any way at the moment. There are a few other things more desperately needed, like addressing the entire balance/usefulness of the routes/units of the game ;)

Last edited: