Freedom of Information?

Lupus

Head Gardener
This is a gripe so i dont particularly give a crap about what ppl say after this but i hope that this post raises a question or two.

The rules clearly state that you should not post ids in the #bushtarion IRC channel, now this i'm not arguing with as this is fair enough. I do however have a problem with someone kicking me for me posting information that is mine alone and has no bearing on any other players, and was infact partly answering a question asked by the kicker in question. I understand the way the rules are written u can be kick/banned and generally ass ***** for farting in the wrong direction (or down wind from azzer :p) so it is pointless trying to argue but just think this is a bit ridiculous so i will simply complain.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The point is, how do the staff members know it's your own ID? You could come into #bushtarion and say any old ID and until Azzer checks it out we really wouldn't know. Yes yes, your ID profile could be public if the Staff member in question were to go and search, but that's irrelevant. The rules state that you can't post any IDs at all, explicitly forbidding you from pasting your own. What more do you need? For as long as i've been in that channel, the policy has been to kick for IDs first, then check afterwards.

It's in the rules that you can't post IDs, any IDs in the #bushtarion channel as evidenced here directly quoted from the IRC rules at the following link: http://bushtarion.com/wiki/index.php?title=IRC_Rules

5.1 Pasting ingame information such as ID, player & company names or Alliance HQ Information into the channel is not allowed. If you want someone attacked or defended, then don't try to accomplish that by using the channel as a medium. This includes pasting your own ID.

You haven't got a leg to stand on since it's in the rules which you have promised to abide by by entering the #bushtarion channel and agreeing to the EULA and playing this game. Why is it so desperately necessary for you to be able to post your own ID?

Hell, i can understand wanting to gripe, but pick your battles friend ;)

EDIT: Having seen Inferno's post i'm inclined to laugh my face off. Asking what alliance you're in is not illegal, asking your ID is illegal. If you can't tell the difference between the words ID and alliance then you should go visit an optometrist ASAP.

Inferno

Official Helper
Community Operator
"[06:46] <04@Inferno> what ally you in Lupus?
[06:46] <Lupus> hehe i'm special
[06:46] <Lupus> my id is XxXx
[06:46] <Lupus> as it is my own id
[06:46] <Lupus> i can do with it as i please
[06:47] * Lupus slaps the mods
[06:47] -> *Squiffy* kick #Bushtarion Lupus no Ids
[06:47] * Lupus was kicked by Squiffy (no Ids (Inferno))
[06:47] * P sets mode: +l 56
[06:47] -> *lupus* come back in matey"

Fair cop guv'nor'.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Alci has hit the nail on the head. OPs have better things to do than spend time confirming whether "your ID" is in fact "your ID".

Tbh I'm surprised you went to the trouble of creating a gripe when you were merely kicked. If you were banned for a day+, sure, but a kick :p? Seems a bit excessive.

The rules are the rules, whether you're genuinely posting your own ID or not, it is not permitted.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
[06:46] <Lupus> as it is my own id
[06:46] <Lupus> i can do with it as i please
[06:47] * Lupus slaps the mods

After breaking the rules and then basically saying "haha, ive decided its fine, you cant do anything about it" your surprised you got kicked??? LOL

But yeah, Alci and DA are right...ops cant check who has what ID to make sure it was yours (and even if it is its still breaking the rules).

;)

Lupus

Head Gardener
naughty Lupie, you should know better!!!
:p

oggie quoted for truth, rest of u ppl lighten up a bit.

p.s. i was answering his question in my own special way

p.p.s. as i said a gripe not a discussion (y it is in this section of the forum) so please keep ur opions to urselves and let me whine for a bit

Inferno

Official Helper
Community Operator
2278863614_c61e6d7a42.jpg

Moderated by Weeble:
Spamtastic

Last edited by a moderator:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
BEST...POST...EVER!

Ogluk that is the single greatest post i've ever seen on these forums... :D

(Sorry for the slightly off topic post)
x

Moderated by Weeble:
Pointless spam! Tut tut Pin.

Ahead

Head Gardener
BEST...POST...EVER!

Ogluk that is the single greatest post i've ever seen on these forums... :D

(Sorry for the slightly off topic post)
x

Saying sorry doesn't make breaking rules allowed. (EXAMPLE: "oh I shot your whole family, sorry." "It's ok, saying sorry negates all rules!")

Being a forum moderator I shouldn't really have to quote these rules to you as you should know them, but:

0.1 – Warnings can be given for any violation of the guidelines listed here.
[snip]
10.1 - Spam is considered to be repetitive posting of the same text again and again or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users. Posting spam that breaks no other forum rules is limited to the Spam forum.

Maybe keep spam in the correct section in future please? Thank you kindly!

Moderated by Weeble:
Doesn't make sense with above post unapproved.
PM sent to user telling him to use report function in future

tomtree

Head Gardener
p.p.s. as i said a gripe not a discussion (y it is in this section of the forum) so please keep ur opions to urselves and let me whine for a bit

lol, you cant expect to post an unreasonable gripe in the forums then expect people not to comment about it.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
My personal gripe to your gripe: if you want your gripe not to be commented on, type it out in notepad and save it on your desktop. By posting it here you are welcoming others to reply to it, as that is what a discussion forum is all about.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
My personal gripe to your gripe: if you want your gripe not to be commented on, type it out in notepad and save it on your desktop. By posting it here you are welcoming others to reply to it, as that is what a discussion forum is all about.

ahahah No-Dachi is so awesome. I couldn't think of how to put that feeling into words but Dachi nailed it on the head. Good man :D