• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bounty

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The whole problem is that attackers get insurance.

The way I see it - attackers get bounty, defenders get insurance.

There should be no way to have both.

Attackers get both insurance and bounty tho?

I think f0xx meant that that's the way it should be, not the way it is; and upon further reflection i'm inclined to agree with him. If you make the percentages of gains profitable enough, and simply reduce to bounty on the one hand, and insurance on the other than at a stroke you've eliminated the problem inherent in this thread, and have a system that makes 'logical' sense (not to mention a simpler system).

lavadog

Head Gardener
oh my bad, I misread fox's post. I tend to agree with that too, however if you think about it, the currents system encourages offensive and adventurous play to a certain extent

lavadog

Head Gardener
yep, that's why I said

You could make it percentage wise too tho, so that people with high scores can't just bash people in little alliances because they would get close to no bounty that way.

Change little alliance to smaller score and bing, you got a possible solution :p It can be profitable to bash smaller targets now, so that might need some tweaking

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Agreed here too. Doesnt really make sense... does it?

Silence

Head Gardener

Agreed here too. Doesnt really make sense... does it?

Well of course it makes sense. As mentioned earlier by atleast two people. It would suggest that the game is more about being offensive and encourages attacking.

Might I also remind you that bounty is lessened if you at targetting players at 30%-40%, which the players in question at the beginning of the thread surely were. So whilst attackers get bounty & insurance more often than not that bounty is rather redundant