• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bounty

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Indeed there are, and I am not removing those abilites with my suggestion, but I do question how good it is for the game that bounty remains as it is with pure stealth mobs. For you own good this might be a bad change, but for the game and lesser active players I think this will be a good change.

Max

Garden Designer
I think that bounty hunting is a lovely idea, it just worked better when we had law / fame and could get bounty by hitting the players who attacked 'unfairly'. Maily because the idea of being a vigilante is kind of awesome :p

However, on topic, I agree with Moorer that bounty should only be available to attacks at 70% or higher. I think that this would provide an incentive for fair fights that seem to have diminished since the removal of the law / fame system.

Out of interest, what would the impact of allowing bounty to be gained in defence be? Catastrophic or does it have potential? Just food for thought!!! :D

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
If it doesn't, I would like to suggest that stealth mobs are calculated just like rushes: Only once your mob is visible (So if you send 1 non-stealth unit, you don't get a modifier), it is considered as sent, and therefore a pure SA-attack would give you the modifier like an eta 1 attack should

i really disagree, since the biggest advantage of the route is being able to send 4 attacks easily with one of them real and not have the defenders know which one to defend or even if its a real attack, this kind of thing is the reason i play SA route. also, pure LET mobs will contain only 3 unit types and no geos so they already get a massively reduced bounty gain, they dont need anything else taking away from them

Stealth harvs => 4
If you have stealth geos => 5

Anyway, if you want full bounty, you just send 1 gardener/geo. Still no one will know where your real is, since your stealth will only appear eta 2/1, but at least the defenders know what eta they have to defend.
So the reasoning is exactly the same as for rushes. Someone who has even a very small brain, and a little perseverance, can easily use his stealth in a way that you can't know what eta the attack is (unless you spy the attacker obviously :p).

Btw, how much exactly is "massively reduced" bounty gain? Polo said the exact opposite of you, arguing that the bounty calc only takes into account the size and the eta sent.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Btw, how much exactly is "massively reduced" bounty gain? Polo said the exact opposite of you, arguing that the bounty calc only takes into account the size and the eta sent.

So, just to sum up everything.

Polo is right, the bounty at attacking at 40% of your score, eta 5, is ~5%.

That taking it is a normal attack (ie not a repeat attack). The bounty doesn't seem to be influenced by what kind of units are in the attacking mob (ie no geos in the mob does not decrease the bounty), which doesn't really matter since you are sending an eta 5 attack anyway...

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Because it was too abusable, and punished the ones without any other target than "unlawful" ones. Solos with no land and 300m 50% XPed TLs got boring after a round or five too.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I am with moorer on this one.
Bounty was removed for good reason, the reason was that it couraged players to rape others with lethal only attacks and gain in it.

This used to be game where skill was to land with minimal losses, not game where attacking is raping with huge advantage and actually gain from it. Without even having slight interest to land.

I would rather see whole bounty removed or actually negative bounty be introduced from unlawfull lethal attacks... so instead of getting bounty you would lose money. This in case of non geo attacks to very low targets with huge lethal counts. When not in alliance war.

But cause that is so hard to implement without it being abusable I am all for removing bounty completely.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Why was L/F disabled?

Because it's easyer to remove alltogether instead brainstorm to improve.

I won't discuss if base bounty it's good or bad but i'll say i liked my second suggestion more reffering to "earned valuation" where i suggested "big brave BR's" to affect your population happiness and produce more income from their acres. That way you'd have incentive to fight while also get land and protect it.

However i'm heavily against pure land/score ranking system since as discussed at CH many don't like the sitting inactive on acres to be rewarded while waging wars to actually be damaging. Effectiveness was a nice ranking but for a unified score the current rank needs that part where fighting improved your rank instead just weaken your alliance/yourself.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
The problem with lands as it is is that if you wage war with another alliance to get their land, you get into the range of the top ally and you lose it again. I think that by reducing land score we will see more incentives to war apart from bounty.

Another reason would be to up the bounty of unlawful players, while not giving anything to lawful players. But that has it's down sides as wel..

it wont be easy to fix this..

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Why not change system so you get bounty only from attacks above 110% of your score.

Then remove all kind of insurances from attacking. As such attacking below your score wouldnt benefit you any way but in acres, but attacking above yourself would give you bounty. Possibly add insurance to work same way too.

Also that 2 or more units rule would count damage done by those multi class units so sending bikers and gardeners to attack pom wouldnt get anything done.

Then increase insurance based on same formula as is used with current land cap thing. So killing someone very low would give more insurance to target. Possibly even as I said in my last post announce negative bounty or callit fine from attacking someone so small only to kill (if no geos added). All these wouldnt ofc matter if alliance would be in war.

As last make these all calculations public. One good example would be to calculate "roughly" what kind of positive/negative impact that attack would make to target and announce it at same time when person is announced they have sent their mob...

Like this:
Mob sent to Government HQ [1].
You will get roughly 10% bounty on this target

It would be calculated just like current system does = sent score vs def score. If waved or massed bounty would ofc drop and it could easily be real time bounty and attacker could check their current bounty every time they click for example out going mobs details.

nightwish

Pruner
i think i said the same thing at the start of the round concerning bounty but it was made clear to me that '' it's a war game and to suck it up when you get raped for bounty by target twice your score''. I agree with disabling bounty and that attacks should be done mostly to get some lands with lower loss as possible but as long as bounty hunting is there and unchanged, you'll get mobs killing you for bounty

and to those who say that bounty is minimal at lower range. i must inform you that 5% can be quite big actually for routes who get advantages against others, let's say some SA attacking a RPG player with low humvee and half their score, the attack generates 5%

therefore the spec ops loose almost nothing, the RPG looses all his troops and 5% of his lost troops goes directly as bounty cash to the spec ops, so let's say he lost 500 millions (wich isnt that high) its still 25 millions in bounty comming in for the attacker for minimal looses. might not seems like much but multiply that by the number of attacks that spec ops can do in a day and you get quite a nice number.

just my 2 cents

f0xx

Landscape Designer
After I had a few days of testing to see if it is actually worthy to bounty hunt at low ranges, I found out that it is.

So I agree with what nightwish said.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I find BWs idea quite sensible. Bounty only given to targets of say 100% of your score and up. No insurance given on attack, except when in war mode?