Do "Wings" ruin gameplay? | R30

Do "Wings" ruin gameplay? | R30

• Total voters

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
again im yet to see why your still with them when you clearly disagree with powerblocks yourself.

Dark_Angel said:
This post is entirely objective, and has nothing to do with my view of powerblocks. I, personally, see nothing wrong with them - but as I said in my first post, I have noticed a lot of people who do not like powerblocks and think they ruin the game.

I don't see anything wrong with powerblocks. People put a great deal of time and energy into this game, if someone wants to spend some of that time and energy into organising, pre-round, a winged alliance, I can't see any wrong in doing that.

That said, as I've already mentioned, if a high percentage of the playerbase voices an opinion that powerblocks are bad for gameplay - then by all means, stop them happening.

Thats what this thread was supposed to be about.

I know I said my prior post was my last, this one really is :p

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
how can we stop something we arent part of and your breaking no rules, you make no sense....

Changer

Head Gardener
He means if there is a high enough percentage of the playerbase that do not want wings to be allowed, then to change the rules to accommodate this into next round.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Dark_Angel said:
This is my last post on this thread. Evidently it isn't possible for people to see me as anything but a member of TBA, and for that reason I can't say anything without people replying with a "we hate TBA" attitude.

Not all that mature, given my post is very clearly objective. You'd think I was leading TBA and had the power to break the sNaps in place :/

Alright, I will start a bit far with my response to the part of your post I quoted.

Question: What is the biggest powerblock that has ever existed in bushtarion?

Iirc, that was BW's powerblock with 4 alliances. If you compare then to now though, you will notice that this is not true, because at that time, there were ANAPs, and one group was usually made out of 2 alliances. So basicly, BWs powerblock was 2 times bigger than any other group that didn't have wings. Now if you look at TBA, you will notice that it is 3 times bigger than any other group that doesn't have additional wings.

Not only that, but at the time when BW had his 4 alliances, the playerbase then was quite big - 2-3 thousand active players. So a powerblock of 80 players at the background of 2000 thousand active ones when a group is usually made out of 40 players, is not THAT bad. But when you have a group of 60 at the background of 600 total active players and when a group is made of 20, then you know that this is REALLY pathetic. I will just make one last comparison with BW's powerblock in the past and say that if he was to have as many members (percentage wise) back then as TBA have now, he would have had a powerblock of 10 alliances!

TBA is the biggest powerblock in bushtarion history. And that is a fact.

And when you say this - "Evidently it isn't possible for people to see me as anything but a member of TBA, and for that reason I can't say anything without people replying with a "we hate TBA" attitude.", I will say that you should have seen it coming, because when a current member of the biggest powerblock in bushtarion history comes and asks for other players to sign an agreement that noone will create/join powerblock next round, that is absolutely hilarious.

"You'd think I was leading TBA and had the power to break the sNaps in place :/" - This is another absolutely hilarious statement, because with this you descretely leave the impression in others that if you had the power to break the snap you would have done it, which is a clear attempt at manipulation, because if you my friend were against this powerblock (and you said multiple times you aren't) you would have simply left it.

Now please DA, go back to your 59 mates so you guys can keep bragging at each other how good you guys are ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
And as far as Chewie and 3 wings go..... that barely requires explanation for those of us with grey matter that gets used on a (semi) regular basis.

[11:38:51] <Chewie|work> nah im not even leading

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
f0xx said:
And when you say this - "Evidently it isn't possible for people to see me as anything but a member of TBA, and for that reason I can't say anything without people replying with a "we hate TBA" attitude.", I will say that you should have seen it coming, because when a current member of the biggest powerblock in bushtarion history comes and asks for other players to sign an agreement that noone will create/join powerblock next round, that is absolutely hilarious.

Before round 30, I haven't played bush for well over a year. How was I to know if powerblocks were commonplace now, or what?

-

Fine, w/e - everyones outraged by a powerblock this round but rather than take constructive actions to prevent any more this round, people would rather sit at their computers and think up ways to have a go at the one guy standing up and saying "Yeah ok, fair enough - Powerblocks aren't welcome, lets see to it that in future rounds it doesnt happen again".

I'm not talking about this round Yes I'm a member of TBA and TBA have won, get over it.

I'm talking about next round, and whether people want to to look into preventative measures to ensure these, clearly widely condemned powerblocks, don't happen again.

Alci, f0xx, whoever else, what part of that is so difficult to understand?

Two more people to add to the list of individuals who've sought to jump on the "Hate TBA" bandwagon by making out Steve_God/Twigley/JJ are the only people who'd think about making a powerblock next round.

"Lol"

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
DA here's an example of what this thread is:

dictator - we pillage your land, kill your children and have our way with your wife

civilian - this is outrageous your scaring everyone out of your own country

dictator - okay well after this wars over, shall we all agre not to do this again

dictator - because lets face it i wouldnt want my land stole by a dictator and my kids killed

civillian - good point, you have logic mr dictator!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Damn, I find myself agreeing with Cyrus more and more these days. Well said, sir.

DA: If people intend to make a powerblock next round, they will do so regardless of a petty signature on forums for a stupid, pointless, self aggrandizing 'pact'. *If* i was going to make a PB next round, i'd get my fellow leaders to sign the agreement, swear innocence, then rape and pillage. Unless this 'pact' ends up as an official rule (which Azzer seems against) then it's just another pointlessly spammy post imo.

Rosa

Pruner
You made this thread because you don't care about powerblocks and it seems that other people do? What kind of logic is that? o_O

No wonder there are so many staff hate threads if this is the level of staff that run the game...

Thank god I barely play this game

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
You made this thread because you don't care about powerblocks and it seems that other people do? What kind of logic is that? o_O

No wonder there are so many staff hate threads if this is the level of staff that run the game...

Thank god I barely play this game

Yeah, its called "the greater good"

Just because I think something is fine, doesn't mean I'm right to think that.

If the rest of the playerbase thinks Powerblocks suck, then I'm more than happy to help think of measures to stop them.

As for this thread reflecting, in any small way, my ability to moderate these forums/IRC, I can't really see your reasoning there o.0? Since when does someone's opinion of how gameplay should work impact on their modding?

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
The problem DA is that you are part of TBA, this suggestion or others on same subject should have come from an outsider. As Cyrus well said you can't say i agree stealing is bad, but we will do it until this year ends and then we need to make laws to prevent stealing. Afterall if we stop stealing we don't want to be thieved in future.

If you want to make this move against powerblocks as a TBA member, you need solutions that apply right now to have credibility.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The problem DA is that you are part of TBA, this suggestion or others on same subject should have come from an outsider. As Cyrus well said you can't say i agree stealing is bad, but we will do it until this year ends and then we need to make laws to prevent stealing. Afterall if we stop stealing we don't want to be thieved in future.

If you want to make this move against powerblocks as a TBA member, you need solutions that apply right now to have credibility.

Thank you DS, for giving me constructive criticism rather than just saying "You suck DA" :p Like a fair number of the narrowminded individuals on this thread you've just jumped on the chance to have a go at me and moan about the current powerblock :/

I understand that *completely* now; which is why I've retracted this suggestion.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
DA, can you please show me the difference between DarkSpider's post and mine?

We both said basicly the same things with different words, yet you separate him from us, the "narrowminded individuals".

Atleast now, after 4 pages, you know why this suggestion sounded so hilarious coming from your mouth.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
DA, can you please show me the difference between DarkSpider's post and mine?

We both said basicly the same things with different words, yet you separate him from us, the "narrowminded individuals".

Atleast now, after 4 pages, you know why this suggestion sounded so hilarious coming from your mouth.

Darksider didn't mention TBA a total of 6 times in their response. This thread isn't about TBA, its about powerblocks in generally. In fact, its not even about powerblocks generally, its about the possibility of powerblocks next round.

But, as I should have realised when writing this suggestion(which is now just a discussion), people were always going to just ignore the above and use this thread as yet another outlet for their anti-tba related crap.

Hence why the suggestion is no more, and why I will be laughing really really hard if there's another powerblock next round :D

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I was mentioning it that often only because you kept mentioning it in your original post which I was quoting. Besides I was using TBA as a mere example, you kept taking my words personally though, like you feel guilty for something... *shrugs*

Do you really think I care who and how wins? No I don't.

What I care about is people like you who would take part in such powerblocks and then try to make a good name of yourself with such a silly suggestion. It is exactly people like YOU who make such powerblocks reality, atleast some are not such hypocrits.

You keep mentioning how people whine about TBA... what did you expect? Everyone to congratulate you guys for your well played round? For your brilliance in attacking? For your incredible offensie and defensive skills? For all the "uphill" battles which you won not because of numbers but because of skill? When you do something that deserves congratulations, I shall be the first to come here and give them to you. Untill that time comes though, I shall be the one that keeps remind you how you guys "won".

If only you could see yourself from a different point of view, only then you would be able to realise how silly you look.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Fed up trying to get through to people like you f0xx, you're horribly bitter because you've lost and you're therefore looking for somewhere to place the blame.

For the third and last time, this post was entirely objective and from the perspective of a member of the bushtarion community - not TBA.

If you don't get that, well, I'm sorry :roll:

Might I add that this thread is no longer a suggestion. It's a poll and discussion about whether or not powerblocks ruin the game.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
DA shush, its not over till the fat lady sings.

im not bitter because i know with abit of effort from our 3 allis we could even it out abit, its jsut finding people interested.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
DA shush, its not over till the fat lady sings.

im not bitter because i know with abit of effort from our 3 allis we could even it out abit, its jsut finding people interested.

The fat lady sung a fair while ago :p