Do "Wings" ruin gameplay? | R30

Do "Wings" ruin gameplay? | R30

• Total voters

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
If people want to wing and lose any respect the playerbase has for them, that's fine by me.

I don't really understand what the fuss is all about unless the people who're whining are so upset that TBA has prevented them from winning - in which case, they're "rank queens".

Garrett

Landscape Designer
this thread is so noble it hurts.

against this suggestion. so many other things to do.

this powerblock could have been torn apart early, but everyone wussed out.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Lol.

There were times when, notably S_G were very susceptible to attack - but nobody came.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Lol.

There were times when, notably S_G were very susceptible to attack - but nobody came.

I *know* I jumped up and down and around trying to get us to attack. No one cba, so I deleted as I cba to just sit around and do nothing. While 'elite' players go to figuring out what their goals are while expecting me to stay up all night to prank and protect them and screw my goals for the round.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
tbh, it's only you guys who had the problem of fighting alone, BW justified it by only doing it because you did. (I think he likes having wings anyway). But I doubt he would do it if there were no others wings.

So you sort it amongst yourselves, I think by now you have realised our opinion on it.

I can't honestly see no wings being made next round, without some kind of agreement not to.

There are going to be winged alliances of at least two. Given that people will be scared others are doing that, and will want something in place.

Thats just IMO.

With the **** and abuse you lot are getting?

IoF, Ogluk, Me/Polo, BW (probably) wouldn't do it. I don't see any other *power* other than yourself who could pull it off. If you don't powerblock, we won't team up early and kill you. Simple.

im powerblocking so my members can get the first win, thats okay....right?

f0xx

Landscape Designer
That "pact" pretty much looks like a "please promise you won't rape us much next round".

Last edited:

Illumination

Head Gardener
I think that if the author thinks that wings/power blocks hurt the game, then he is a hypocrite for finishing the round in one. If you think they are wrong...leave, but dont act all righteous. If its wrong and you know it, why wait to fix it?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm just saying, there's going to be a lot of people at the end of this round thinking "Hmm, let's do what TBA did"

You're evidently not reading what people are writing.

The only other groups capable of getting enough people together to form a powerblock, won't be doing it.
; as attested by their actions this round, and their statements her. Therefore by a rather logical process of elimination it is the group you are involved with this round that are the only likely people to form another powerblock. That's the point people are trying to get across.

So all we need from your group frankly, is a signature stating you won't be doing another powerblock. No one else is or was going to. Period.

If you don't want powerblocks don't make one. You're the only likely culprits here.... A formal statement is just pointless.

Illumination is bang on as well

I think that if the author thinks that wings/power blocks hurt the game, then he is a hypocrite for finishing the round in one. If you think they are wrong...leave, but dont act all righteous. If its wrong and you know it, why wait to fix it?

Last edited:

ViVi

Pruner
I will agree to not joining a wing.

You lot will probably need one, though, given how much resentment you've brought down on yourselves.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Alci said:
Illumination is bang on as well

This post is entirely objective, and has nothing to do with my view of powerblocks. I, personally, see nothing wrong with them - but as I said in my first post, I have noticed a lot of people who do not like powerblocks and think they ruin the game.

Hence the suggestion.

I should have known people would just use this thread to call my a hypocrite, automatically assuming that I'm against powerblocks just because I made the thread.

I'm not against powerblocks, people play this game to win - and quite often don't care if that means everyone having a go at them. But I recognize that this ruins the game for everyone else, as has became blatantly obvious over the past few days on these forums. So all I'm saying is, fine, if people don't like them, lets all agree not to make them/join them?

-

I should also have seen it coming that people were going to jump on the "Hate TBA" bandwagon n say:

• "Ha, we don't need to sign this, only TBA need to sign this , because they are the ONLY people who might possibly consider doing a powerblock come round 31."
Alci said:
You're evidently not reading what people are writing.

Matthew said:
Not signing. I'm having three alliances next round.

Alci, are you?.

Last edited:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
personally. im sick of seeing people who are suppose to be representing the game say "im not bothered about you or the rest of the playerbase" because that attitude stinks and isnt needed anywhere in this game. even most regular players have enough respect to know that when you take 10% of the game and make 1 group that its gonna have a massive effect therefore wouldnt par-take in it.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
personally. im sick of seeing people who are suppose to be representing the game say "im not bothered about you or the rest of the playerbase" because that attitude stinks and isnt needed anywhere in this game. even most regular players have enough respect to know that when you take 10% of the game and make 1 group that its gonna have a massive effect therefore wouldnt par-take in it.

*confused*

Are you implying I have that attitude :S?

Dennis

Harvester
Even though I'm in TBA, I voted for none! :)

(Never realised that this had such an impact :( Im such a naive person)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

*confused*

Are you implying I have that attitude :S?

im implying the words, "i dont care about the game" or "i dont care about anyone who plays it" are actually sad to see, what happened to everybody?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
DA, did you just take Matthews post seriously? I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic..

What are you basing that on? The "tone" of his post :p?

Anyway, he may well be being sarcastic. Doesn't matter.

This is my last post on this thread. Evidently it isn't possible for people to see me as anything but a member of TBA, and for that reason I can't say anything without people replying with a "we hate TBA" attitude.

Not all that mature, given my post is very clearly objective. You'd think I was leading TBA and had the power to break the sNaps in place :/

-

Anywho - bottom line, people have made it clear "we don't need such an agreement". I'll only be returning to this thread if we have a powerblock next round ;)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
again im yet to see why your still with them when you clearly disagree with powerblocks yourself. any person can make a difference by acting, however small, but lots of small differences make 1 big difference. so if you dont agree with it, leave and join one of the allis below.

Respect + Morals are 2 things which you should always wanna keep good in this game

"So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive"