• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance Members/Incoming

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I was wondering if we could have an ID Setting that would allow people to have a full list of their alliance as well as the current incoming/outgoing (as it was in the previous ages).

It's kind of annoying having to click back and forth between the "Members" and "Incoming/Outgoing" pages to get down people's numbers to get them online. The old way everything was together and made the whole process much more efficient. I don't see any reason for changing it, but maybe some people like this new way? So I was hoping we could add another ID Setting to let people choose between the two views?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i use the journal notes and the alliance overview message personally. The journal notes let me know who my allied player is (i put their name and occasionally contact info in the tooltip).

That solves the entire problem right there for me. I didn't really like the new set up at first, but it's grown on me now, and i quite like it.

I don't think i totally understand your problem either, why are you switching between the members page and the incomings page to find their contact info.... Shouldn't that be in Pols or the Overview Message? Sounds to me like you might have ally organizational problems rather than a serious problem with the UI. (just a guess, don't shoot me if i'm wrong :p)

Alternatively, you could always open two tabs, one with the ally contact info, and one with the incoming.

Last edited:

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Yeah i moaned in the test world spliting the 2 might be more estethical but really it's so much more practical to have it the old way with both on same page. You need to refresh 2 different tabs .. don't see the point really.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
i use the journal notes and the alliance overview message personally. The journal notes let me know who my allied player is (i put their name and occasionally contact info in the tooltip).

That solves the entire problem right there for me. I didn't really like the new set up at first, but it's grown on me now, and i quite like it.

I don't think i totally understand your problem either, why are you switching between the members page and the incomings page to find their contact info.... Shouldn't that be in Pols or the Overview Message? Sounds to me like you might have ally organizational problems rather than a serious problem with the UI. (just a guess, don't shoot me if i'm wrong :p)

Alternatively, you could always open two tabs, one with the ally contact info, and one with the incoming.

I also have people's contact info in my tooltips, but what I was trying to point out is that I want to get someone's HL or cell number to get them online to send some help. Not necessarily the person being attacked, but someone else to help send defense.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I also have people's contact info in my tooltips, but what I was trying to point out is that I want to get someone's HL or cell number to get them online to send some help. Not necessarily the person being attacked, but someone else to help send defense.

I'm afraid i still don't see the problem since the (offline) guy with incoming will show up on the incoming page. Thus you could mouse over the incoming page and see the contact info in the tooltip. To be honest, you can't be using the tools in place properly...

Ahead

Head Gardener
I'm afraid i still don't see the problem since the (offline) guy with incoming will show up on the incoming page. Thus you could mouse over the incoming page and see the contact info in the tooltip. To be honest, you can't be using the tools in place properly...

I see what he means: What about the offline guy who can kill the incoming?

It is a bit of a pain having to navigate onto a different page - I don't really see what was wrong with the "show all" hide-able members section which showed all members (online and offline) that we used to have, so it was easily visible without navigating away from the page.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Ah okay. Finally a clear answer :p

So, instead of clicking on 'Show All members', you refuse to click on Alliance Overview and mouse over the offline players? Shame on you. ;)

Ahead

Head Gardener
Ah okay. Finally a clear answer :p

So, instead of clicking on 'Show All members', you refuse to click on Alliance Overview and mouse over the offline players? Shame on you. ;)

Obviously not clear enough :p You have to click on Alliance Overview and then the "Members" tab, which means you can't see incoming/outgoing anymore. You used to be able to click "Show all members" (above the member listings) and you could see everyone whilst still being able to see incomings/outgoings!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Oh okay fair enough.

I might have agreed with you guys at roundstart, but the new system has grown on me, and I quite like it now. I don't find the changes make a huge difference to how fast i can txt/prank/HL people and sort out defence, especially with 10 minute ticks. That's 50 minutes to at3 and gives you 70 minutes to get defence there... MINIMUM!!! If you can't load the requisite pages in 70 minutes, then you have far more dire issues than being unable to see inc/outgoing and all your ally members. Imo.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
It's a bit off topic but where do the 50-70 minutes come from ? It's not a requirement to be contactable to play the game, sure it helps but you can't count it as "default". When an inc is revealed you have 10 minutes to get players to defend head on with the strong eta 5 units or 20 minutes with the faster but still good units. If the target can get online or not it's another story, saving the troops are often more important than saving his acres.
And yeah no reason not to have it the old way with maybe a header to hide the online members on the incoming page if that actually bothers you.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Well i wouldn't *object* to having it reinstated, I just don't think it's necessary. All you need to do is adjust your playstyle by a minute amount. Anywho, probably the end of my contribution here, my point is made and clear ;)