• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Choose your play style

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Let's not introduce units with 2 stars damage because they kill units with 1 star health and the ppl less active will get killed more :eek: [/sarcasm]
Some need to stop thinking in the same pattern that it's all about winning and all about score and all about not allowing the top alliance to "get away with the round". I estimate 90% of the server doesn't give a crap about who's winning or if top alliance does this or that.
The only ones who will get in contact with top alliance are the 2nd tier allies who have very strong defence, good activity and awesome contactibility so i'm not sure why you compare top with the "inactives".
The game might be complex but in a totally different area, in the tactics departament all you have is 2 big options - send attacking mob or send defending mob. Hardly complicated. In fact most of the game is memorising some templates and be very active/reacheble, skill and tactics are not required for 19 members.
Don't you think a weaker alliance would like 50% insurance instead 30% if they get killed alot ? Why you always see just the other side where hostile alliance (the bad guys) is winning something from it so the suggestion must be bad.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
DA: I dont think it is about that.
I think I am fair player who want to allow everyone the chance to be on top if they are willingly to work hard and invest their time. That is reason why I have always resisted things like CRA.
But that does not mean I would be for, for a suggestion that would benefit majorly the players who are active. I also do not think those players should be banished. As such I think calculation of score is limited, but I dont see that this kind of addon would bring anything to anyone else but most active people.

I can tell you that my activity will be around 12-14 hours a day, in upcoming round. So why would I hurt myself with this suggestion? I dont. I just see my hours give me edge enought over normal players, so I dont need more.

Lupus

Head Gardener
simple games are the best in my opinion...just look at football couldn't get any simpler or ppl like ronaldo(the young stupid one not that old fat one) wouldn't be able to play. Having said that it can't be too simple otherwise ppl get bored and stop playing. I think bush has enough complexity at the moment but it could be incorperated later perhaps.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
simple games are the best in my opinion...just look at football couldn't get any simpler or ppl like ronaldo(the young stupid one not that old fat one) wouldn't be able to play. Having said that it can't be too simple otherwise ppl get bored and stop playing. I think bush has enough complexity at the moment but it could be incorperated later perhaps.

Hate to be annoying but can I point out one of the most complicated thing in most sports? The offside rule...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Hate to be annoying but can I point out one of the most complicated thing in most sports? The offside rule...

maybe it's different between hockey and football; but offside is an astoundingly simple concept to me. I'd say it's just about one of the easiest rules to understand.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
It actually took me quite a bit to understand it first time :( Depends who is explaining i guess :p

Souls

Official Helper
Offsides in football means just a player on the wrong side of the field, offsides in soccer means that you have to make sure that you don't pass the ball past the last defender :p

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Offsides in football means just a player on the wrong side of the field, offsides in soccer means that you have to make sure that you don't pass the ball past the last defender :p

Yes but theres exceptions to just that.
It's not that simple.

Anyways I think we are drifting off topic.
I like darksiders additions to my suggestion.
And about not making the game more complicated? How many games out there when you sign up do you get to chose what 'race' you want to be? Well this is a small variation of the idea and not exactly complicated.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
We already have races here Pinky, they are called routes.

Those "perks" will just allow people to go around holes or exploit the natural benefits of their routs to even larger scale.