People going off topic

• Yes

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
My I cannot stand it. People going off topic during a life changing discussion in the grip forum, ridiculous. I wish I had the ability to send warnings to them like the Moderators do.

Note: This thread has been written with the utmost care given to the area of sarcasm as possible

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I voted yes and no. Cause sometimes i do and sometimes i dont

If it is boring most likely yes. If it is funny/amusing then i most likely wouldnt mind.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
quite frankly you went off topic in a manner i considered to be neither amusing or appropriate. You broke the rules, and you were consequently warned, so i'm not really sure what you're griping about but if it makes you feel any better i'm glad you got it off your chest ;)

While in general I support maintaining the rules, i'm not adverse to going off topic here and there, especially for interesting and amusing asides, alas, yours fulfilled neither of those essential qualities.

Good sarcasm tho, commendations!

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
I suppose I view the gripe thread similarly to that of the spam forum, and thus going off topic (though it was still somewhat connected) to be ok. I shall now cleanse myself of this thought.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
well there's no need to go that far; I just stated my opinion as i personally feel it. I just think that threads have topics for a reason, if you want to go off topic, start another thread.

*shrugs*

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I suppose I view the gripe thread similarly to that of the spam forum, and thus going off topic (though it was still somewhat connected) to be ok. I shall now cleanse myself of this thought.

The leniency when going off topic in the Gripe forum is a bit more than in the other sections of the forum as the gripes are personal to players...so people can moan about a wide variety of things that might be linked to the topic. But you still need to be saying something vaguely useful about the topic in question.

Edit: I have voted yes and no. As, similar to timtadams, sometimes going off topic a bit can be quite amusing...but sometimes rather than being just 1 amusing comment it ends up sending the thread off into a world of spamtacity (the process of being spam like).

x
x

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I personally have no problem with posts going a bit off topic, its inevitable - such is the variation in ones interpretation of where to draw the line between the current subject and another.

I'm a little confused what creating a poll is going to do about it though :S