Ninja : Assasin ratio

CLem

Head Gardener
Re: Ninja : Assasin ratio

There is never a ratio that is good for all scenario, if you are being hit mostly by armour, get more assassins, if not, get more ninjas. But if i were to be in your situation waiting to get SAs, i will soldier on with pure sgt and spikes and mass flk to whore land and get enough fund for SAs, assassins and ninjas are just crap for now.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Re: Ninja : Assasin ratio

If you're on your way to get SA's I'd either save the money, or spend them on mostly Assassins. Probably in a 7:1 ratio to ninjas.

If you're not planning on getting SA's anytime soon, the setup will differ from how offesive/defensive you want to be, as well as what targets you want to hit, and what you're most likely to be hit with (but you can never safeguard yourself against everything, so that will just be trading one evil with another weevil).

For a defensive setup you want more equal numbers of ninjas and assassins, with a good amount of spikes for flak (and flak killers). Make sure to stack up on sleeps and yobs too. As far as cloner goes get 1-2 million of them just to sweep.

For an offensive style, you're probably better off with more assassins than ninjas, to prey on Strikes without Marines, and low-on-PA robots.

Shyslywolf

Weeder
here are some Ninjas ratios...

here are some Ninjas ratios...

i just got these... unfortulately i am not sure if it is working right or not... not enough time in the round to get the assassins done...

Guy attacking had this after the 2nd tic:
Gardener [2,830,382] Harvester [2,894,985]
Hippy [1,002,501] Yob [1,466,608]
Wheelbarrower [180,815] Political Briber [0]

Here was the BR's (all his mobs were 1/1 on def so not quite understanding why the ninjas did not do at least 1 for 1):

Battle Report - Defending An alliance mate [XXX]
[middle] 8,298,952 allied Ninja attacked, killing 2,094,774 hostile staff.
[middle] 288,473 allied Shock Trooper attacked, killing 556,024 hostile staff.
[middle] 72,544 allied Officer attacked, killing 26,692 hostile staff.

Died: 2,677,490 [£22,591,473,000] enemies dead.

You gained 7,404 effectiveness.

[range] 8,298,952 allied Ninja attacked, killing 2,070,663 hostile staff.
[range] 288,473 allied Shock Trooper attacked, killing 549,236 hostile staff.
[range] 72,544 allied Officer attacked, killing 27,957 hostile staff.

Died: 2,647,856 [£24,919,162,000] enemies dead.

You gained 8,378 effectiveness.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
i just got these... unfortulately i am not sure if it is working right or not... not enough time in the round to get the assassins done...

Guy attacking had this after the 2nd tic:
Gardener [2,830,382] Harvester [2,894,985]
Hippy [1,002,501] Yob [1,466,608]
Wheelbarrower [180,815] Political Briber [0]

Here was the BR's (all his mobs were 1/1 on def so not quite understanding why the ninjas did not do at least 1 for 1):

[middle] 8,298,952 allied Ninja attacked, killing 2,094,774 hostile staff.
[middle] 288,473 allied Shock Trooper attacked, killing 556,024 hostile staff.
[middle] 72,544 allied Officer attacked, killing 26,692 hostile staff.

Died: 2,677,490 [£22,591,473,000] enemies dead.

You gained 7,404 effectiveness.

[range] 8,298,952 allied Ninja attacked, killing 2,070,663 hostile staff.
[range] 288,473 allied Shock Trooper attacked, killing 549,236 hostile staff.
[range] 72,544 allied Officer attacked, killing 27,957 hostile staff.

Died: 2,647,856 [£24,919,162,000] enemies dead.

You gained 8,378 effectiveness.

Because that guy didnt send gardeners/harvesters. What you were fighting was hippies&yobs&wheelers. Your ninjas fires only 30% to all
Ninja LET Kills [r/m] LET ALL
For example Shocks fire only all and as such received better ratio. Also they do more armour damage and as such were able to kill more.

All this you can understand by reading
http://www.bushtarion.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_EC_Combat_Units
page of manual.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
i was thinkin the same thing with only 30% targeting All BW. but whats the difference between gardies/harvesters and hippies/yobs/wheelies? They are both non-lethal and fall under the all catergory....

So would it matter if they were hippies or gardeners?

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
i was thinkin the same thing with only 30% targeting All BW. but whats the difference between gardies/harvesters and hippies/yobs/wheelies? They are both non-lethal and fall under the all catergory....

So would it matter if they were hippies or gardeners?

Hippies are a lot stronger than Gardeners, especially with respect to their AR and Ninjas do very low AD.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
They key to solve it is look at death amounts and compare those to losses.
If he would have killed 2,6M hippies/yobs alone it would have cost 16B, now it costed 24B. So there must have been wheelers too.

Yet as gardeners are under half the price of hippies/yobs it must have not been gardeners.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Saving for SA's is always a good plan. If you aren't planning on forking out the 5BC for SA's and want to have a decent round, you NEED to chose another route tbh. Mass assassin even in an alliance, could have a better route for armour killing. 5:1 or something if you insist....

Matthew

BANNED
basically Ninjas suck, just save for SA's

I personally do not aggree with this at all, I find Ninja's are a very much appreciated addition to the route set up. Ninjas most attractive trait for me is the fact that they do no receive a damage mitigation against Undead classed units, this consequently results in them being able to pack a punch against the Vampire unit. A player with a significant amount of ninjas can act as a vampire deterent. Also due to the fact that Ninjas fire after Assassins (SA fire before them) it allows you to take advantage of the armour stripping ability of Assassins. Working in collaboration with the Secret agent unit i would advise a ratio of 4:2:1 (SA, Assassin, Ninja), whereas if you aren't getting the SA unit i would take a ratio of about 2:1 or 3:2 (Assassin:ninja) this way you can act as a fairly effective health killer.

Hope this helps, a little late but hopefully you are still floating around to check :).

No-Dachi

Official Helper
The beauty of this route is it's ability to clear away all the flak (SA) before having it's armor killer fire (Assassins), and then finally having a sort of clean up unit (Ninja). Making it a HD:AD:HD combo that works extremely well. But it relies on you having a few ninjas to actually clean up what the Assassins left.

This route is not as effective without the P unit as it is with, but it is still playable and able to achieve a decent ranking. You just need to play a bit different, and adjust your targets accordingly. It is also one of the first routes to get a AD:HD combo out.

I think people are to used to seeing Spec Ops with SAs around to even think about not playing with them. And even though it helps out a lot there's no routes in Bushtarion that is not playable without the P unit. It just requires you to think outside the box ;)

twuncher

Weeder
well Ninja dont even get 1:1 on Petrol Bombers let alone Vampires!

for there price SA would be the better deal even against vampires as they fire before!

i would only get a few Ninja as sweepers for the assasin!

CFalcon

Official Helper
While I agree that ninjas can be amusing to give a vamp attacker an unexpected slap in the face before he wipes you, really if a vamp who knows what he's doing wants you dead, the best you'll ever be able to achieve is grinding him down to roughly equal damage, and that's assuming you have agents and are willing to screw up your ratios for any other purposes.

I'd also add that while spec ops with no agents is a big no no for solos, mass assassins can be a major asset in an alliance. Generally, if a hostile alliance sees 4 unknowns pop up on their overview, and lets say they're on an rpg, a thug, a sorc, and a striker, that alliance will probably come to the conclusion that its an SA or TL rush, cover the first 3 first and probably only fake or weakly cover the striker. Stealth rushing armour just isn't usually done (I know, I know, except by huge TLs on much smaller players), and adds a whole new dimension to your alliance's arsenal.

That said I would still rather have some SAs for this tactic to strip away things like grens, HWs, a few marines, or getting rid of INNs to let the assassins ALL component actually do something.