Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Round will commence February 13th - 18:00 GMT

Hello all.

Azzer has asked me to create this poll to try and determine whether the playerbase is happy with the current start date for Age 5. This is due to a number of people voicing a concern that they are unavailable to play either the beginning of, part of, or all of, the opening weekend of Age 5: Friday the 13th February, because they have commitments that weekend (I.e Valentines Day).

This predicement may or may not apply to you. Please use this poll to indicate whether you are happy with the current start date, or whether you want to delay the start of the new round.

Furthermore, if you vote to delay the start of the new round, you are welcome to propose ideas for alternative arrangements.

This is a chance for everyone's voice to be heart. If you're eager to get Age 5 underway, then by all means say so! If you're unable to play because you're otherwise engaged, then likewise voice your opinion.

[Edit by DA] Can I make myself clear that this is not a petition to change the round start date. It is a simple, harmless, check to see what percentage of players are unable to play the opening weekend and whether they're dissapointed by this. Please keep this in mind when replying!

Last edited:

Ranzou

Harvester
I think I'll stick with the more important type of bush on phony love day.

Internets is serious business and should not be messed with by the overreaching demands of procreation.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
FFS, what's the problem? If valentines day is more important to you, then go do that. But why the hell should everyone else wait for you?
This isn't a dig at Azzer, but we've waited long enough for age 5. It was meant to start in the new year iirc, but there's been like 3 mini rounds, delays, a test round, and now people want it delayed even more so they can wine and dine with their partners without missing their beloved round start? No thank you. Azzer's never wavered before on start times, why start now?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
lol...i smell bitterness! hehe

I dont have anyone to waste money on this valentines day but i do understand that its a bit silly to start the round the day before. So personally i have no problem with it being on the 13th but i also have no problem with it being a week later if it will be easier for some people.

Anyone who is free to play on the 13th will likely be free on the 20th whereas it isnt true for the other way round.

x

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
FFS, what's the problem? If valentines day is more important to you, then go do that. But why the hell should everyone else wait for you?
This isn't a dig at Azzer, but we've waited long enough for age 5. It was meant to start in the new year iirc, but there's been like 3 mini rounds, delays, a test round, and now people want it delayed even more so they can wine and dine with their partners without missing their beloved round start? No thank you. Azzer's never wavered before on start times, why start now?

This thread isn't about "Delaying the round start" its about giving everyone a voice.

There is no getting around the fact that a much higher percentage of players than normal are not going to be able to commit to Bush on it's opening weekend. I raised this issue with Azzer and he advised me to make a poll to gauge the percentage of players who aren't available on Friday the 13th/14th.

We have to look at the bigger picture here, this is a re-launch as well as a new round for current players. We're trying to get back old players, rope in new ones, if someone can't commit to the first weekend they may not commit to the game atall.

I've nothing more to say on the matter, everyone is free to voice their opinion, though getting angry at a possible delay is neither productive or helpful.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Actually DA raises another good point, new players to the game might be less inclined to play/play actively when they see they wont be around for the first 2/3 days...

x

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Might a possibly compromise be to start either on Sunday 15th, or Monday 16th then?

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
It should start on a friday cause all of the addicts could have the weekend in front of them to sleep cause they've played all night or even continue playing for 24 hrs straight :D And I don't think missing the first day or two will make the new players quit the game, cause the beggining isn't that much of a fun anyway.. and none of the newbies will be going for the win so no worries :D thats just my opinion though.. anyone is free to disagree, but that was the case when i started playing... i registered halfway through the round with a few other guys and noone actually cared that they've missed the round start

tomtree

Head Gardener
i voted to delay the start, purely because although im here to play that weekend i am then away for the following week, so if the start is delayed a will actually miss less in total.

i admit that it is a purely selfish reason, but that is what the poll was asking, :D

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah actually weeble is right, a compromise of a sunday/monday start would suit everyone. The people who cant play cos of valentines day are free to valentine it up and still make the start and the impatient people cant moan cos its only another 2 days.

Best of both worlds...Azzman! Hop to it! lol

x

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Sunday/Monday is even worse than Friday in that point of view.. because you play for 3 or 4 hours and you have to go to sleep cause you've got school or work in the morning.. or even worse you are at work/school when the first tick starts

Mattheus

Head Gardener
This thread isn't about "Delaying the round start" its about giving everyone a voice.

There is no getting around the fact that a much higher percentage of players than normal are not going to be able to commit to Bush on it's opening weekend. I raised this issue with Azzer and he advised me to make a poll to gauge the percentage of players who aren't available on Friday the 13th/14th.

We have to look at the bigger picture here, this is a re-launch as well as a new round for current players. We're trying to get back old players, rope in new ones, if someone can't commit to the first weekend they may not commit to the game atall.

I've nothing more to say on the matter, everyone is free to voice their opinion, though getting angry at a possible delay is neither productive or helpful.

Ofc it's about delaying the round start. You can play around with the wording as much as you want, but that's still the issue at hand here. If it wasn't being considered then you wouldn't have been asked to make this thread no? I'll say again. Age 5 was promised to be ready after Christmas. It is now set to start mid February. There really shouldn't be any more delays.
If the fate of bushtarion can apparently be ruined by a few people deciding not to play because they've missed a day of a 76 day round then the game is on even more shaky ground then I thought. I'd like to hear about anyone who would apparently quit because of that.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Dark_Angel said:

Sorry but that is a load of bull. New players don't play for the win and even if they think they do, they don't know the importance of having a good start, hell they won't even know that the game is round based perhaps. Old players who haven't played for a long time won't be playing for the win most likely as well, so they will just have a chilled out start without caring for score and ranking.

The idea of starting a round at Sunday/Monday is completely absurd. Just stick to the current one.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Like i said it doesnt really affect me either way...but can people really not wait another week? Is it that big of a deal?

x

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
It really is that big of a deal cause it's not just the one week.. its the whole month.. and a week