100 pushups

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Re: 100 pushups

Count me in , I tested at 18 originally but I have to admit to doing them against the stairs.. so better than the wall but not quite horizontal either =P

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

We need more recruits ! :D
Starting monday so we have the weeks right, so monday, wensday and friday the working days. That's less than 30 minutes workout a week so don't be lazy bums, join in.
Gonna update OP with participants and status :)

No-Dachi

Official Helper

My max at the moment is probably around 45 - which for me isn't too great. However, I'm going to start the new year on week 1, and do the whole six week course. I think my muscles will enjoy it more that way, and it'll give me a chance to slide into a routine, instead of having to force myself each day ;)
First I'm going to do the course with a wide "grip", and then I'll redo it all with a smaller placement of hands while just maintaining the 100 wide pushups daily.

I'm going to couple this with a chin ups plan that lasts for about 5 months, and the end results (that I hope to see before summer) is 2x100 pushups, and 2x20 chinups with no pauses except for change of grip.

This in combination with joining a Krav Maga class should result in some pretty decent changes :)

I'm also (and I suggest everyone who is serious in trying to change their body or reaching a goal) writing down what I can do today, and taking some before pictures to couple with some after pictures in may/june :)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Oh i saw krav maga on discovery i think. It's more on the psichological training to be ready with any obstacles, always get up and fight till you die and even than stand up and fight, right ? :D

timtadams

Landscape Designer

My little bro can already do 100 pushups in one go. And now he is telling me to do weights to get massive, hehe

oh and an update, just did 45, i think i will try it once in the morning, and once in the evening.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

DarkSider said:
Oh i saw krav maga on discovery i think. It's more on the psichological training to be ready with any obstacles, always get up and fight till you die and even than stand up and fight, right ? :D

Yeah, simple, effective techniques, be ready for whatever whenever wherever, and be ready to put up a fight ;)

Nitrous

Head Gardener

OK re-done the initial test, done 17.

I had a kebab in me last night when I decided to do it, so that don't count lol.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Ricardo did 137 and Jack was asking if it's 1 hand pushups because it's too easy :(

When you do your day post here with maybe some nice comentaries to inspire us all .. how it was and how many you did on 5th set etc :p

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

DarkSider said:
When you do your day post here with maybe some nice comentaries to inspire us all .. how it was and how many you did on 5th set etc :p

25, to my pleasant surprise 8)

anth

Weeder

OK! Seems like a good idea. I just did 27 and ouch......I didnt remember how hard they can be.
Rank 3.
I am shaking still. :shock:

Mysterious

Harvester

21 for me but I'm gonna start from week 1...gives me time to get back into it slowly :p

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

ive been doing something similar for a while now, although this seems more effort and obviously works? ive been doing like 20 a day if i cba

so im gonna try and do what that website says and see if i improve

so put me down for 20 ill try get this thing into motion ;)

Souls

Official Helper

Just did my day one - ended on 25 pushups for the fifth set. I'm improving already :D I didn't think I was even gonna do 12 for the second set but surprise surprise ;)

I'm starting from week one, even though I got 22 the initial test, just to build into it :p

CLem

Head Gardener

DarkSider said:
Ricardo did 137 and Jack was asking if it's 1 hand pushups because it's too easy :(

When i saw this thread i immediately want to know how much Ric could do. not surprising cause he has crazy upper body strength. Don't think I will participate in this cause I am doing my own training at the moment, would like to see if it actually works though cause I have never heard that 1.5 month of training can improve that much, most training takes over 3 months.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

CLem said:
DarkSider said:

When i saw this thread i immediately want to know how much Ric could do. not surprising cause he has crazy upper body strength.

Dunno about ol' Jackie, but Ric is a climber, which means he is an active sportist so he has went through trainings which are much better and more efficient that this silly site's tables :p