Random Allies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Allies...

I'm sorry when was this ever deemed a democracy? You didn't vote your alliance leader there... The Alliance Leader doesn't have to earn anyone's respect. Normally if you don't like it you leave.. since we can't you can always delete your ID.

Mattheus

Head Gardener

internet24591oe9.jpg

tyedyegoddess

Weeder

Zomg did you just lol mike? I'm screenshotting that and showing it to everyone.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Okay, after reading this whole thread im with alci...from what he's said and what the people in question have posted on here they are mentalists...

i feel sorry for you alci, your ally is obviously even worse than mine!

tyedyementalist said:
he went on to flood politics with spam and post private conversations.

OH NOES!!! RUN!!! Not private conversations....how will the alliance ever function with private conversations going one......

Overall the leader of this ally sounds like he has the IQ of half a badger (not the smart half either), and is probably taking bush as his one chance to attempt to boss people around...
There is no way any of his past alliances could have succeeded to any degree if he attempts to lead like this.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

all that being said, the CO and i have reached an agreement; thusly i do feel compelled to offer an apology of sorts to the CO as she was following orders (for the most part) and while we know that isn't an excuse at Nuremberg it will have to suffice here.

I just have to wait for my leader to come back online to have a chat with him. we were both considerably angry when i originally posted this, and one can hope that a good night's sleep will have a calming and rational effect on both of us. thanks for the support tho pinpower :p

Loz

Harvester

Alcibiades your a IRC op and a forums MOD tutut
told what ur told lol its not hard

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I think this thread gave me best laught(s) of the year and pretty long time to past year too.

Alci come on it is funny round stop being such brick head and have some fun instead. You dont need to go to alliance politics etc. Just chill out and play as solo in alliance and kill some bastards who tries to attack your alliance friends. You sound so driven to win or something yet you next say that your not active... so whats this complaining about? Cause you didnt get to alliance you wanted? ROFL!

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

In my humble opinion the problem is this:
Alci isn't a new player and since he hangs out with "the big boys" in mirc and been in several good allies i guess he doesn't accept to be a labor man nobody knows about in the alliance he plays in.
On the other hand there is the leader who got the leadership randomly and as far as i can tell he isn't too happy leading a bunch of randoms but decided to deal with it.

I didn't read each and every of his quotes but i'm inclined to believe frustration has a limit after dealing with so much sarcasm and superior tone from a regular member.
When i play in an alliance i usually play for the leader. Probably alci is the same, but it's very hard to be obedient and follow a stranger through fire and flames without seeing what he's made of first. In the same time the leader has too few days running this alliance of 9 strangers and it's hard to deal with everything including personal ego of each member.

Imagine Brad Pitt playing in a low budget movie in Africa and nobody else (actors, producer etc) have heard of his past achievements and threat him like a regular cheap ass (like rest of them). It's hard to make it work :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

The sarcasm only started after the leader made it quite clear that he was totally incompetent (omg you were a top ten alliance...when we only had 15 alliances in total). He strikes me as being a jumped-up little twerp with absolutely no idea what he is doing. Posting your mobs in the defence thread is pretty basic stuff, even if it's just to say "this inc is covered" or whatever.

Also, I don't think the leader was just randomly assigned. He said he led Ka-tet before, and he's leading Ka-tet in this mini-round. It would be a hell of a coincidence if he was randomly assigned as leader to an alliance he had led in previous rounds :p

I can sympathise greatly with the position Alci is in. It must be incredibly frustrating to be a decent player led by a complete nutcase. He's been randomly dumped into this alliance and in an attempt to make the best of it he's given the leader a little advice, who has then flipped out and gone over to the dark side of sanity. If it was me I know I'd be pissed. But that's why I made sure I wasn't randomly assigned to an alliance :p

But on the other hand, it's only a mini-round. I think this thread only serves as a warning to the downsides of random alliances. I doubt Alci is the only person pissed off at being landed with a bunch of people he doesn't know or like.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Loz said:

I'm not a forum mod; I never have been. I am an IRC Operator and i'm not sure what that has to do with me playing or posting in forums. I'm a player first, an OP second.

BlackWolf said:
Alci come on it is funny round stop being such brick head and have some fun instead. YYou sound so driven to win or something yet you next say that your not active... so whats this complaining about? Cause you didnt get to alliance you wanted? ROFL!

You and Cyrus seem to have the same problem in that you can't read or understand what i'm griping about. I am glad you got a laugh out of this thread tho. I'm not driven to win, i never have been. :shock: I would have liked a nice laidback informal round without an immense fuss and bother. Tell me you'd have acted differently BW. I can't see your temper dealing well with the situation i was in. It's not that i didn't get the ally i wanted, it's i got a bit of a control freak for a leader. Surely you can understand the difference?

DarkSider said:
In my humble opinion the problem is this:
Alci isn't a new player and since he hangs out with "the big boys" in mirc and been in several good allies i guess he doesn't accept to be a labor man nobody knows about in the alliance he plays in.

Almost right: I am not a new player, and I do have stuff to contribute despite popular opinion and having my help thrown back in my face because the leader didn't like the 'tone' of my writing is absolutely, 100%, absurd. I like being led, i hate having responsibility but i firmly believe that we all have something to contribute to an alliance, and after more than a dozen rounds, I feel like i have some basic advice that i can contribute that will help any alliance save for the biggest and best who don't need my advice because they already know and do what i'm suggesting. As to being a labour man, ask people who've played with me before how often i get out of bed at night to answer pranks/HLs; ask how many times i suicide my gurus in defence of ridiculous waves. To call me upset at being a labour man is just inaccurate.

DarkSider said:
On the other hand there is the leader who got the leadership randomly and as far as i can tell he isn't too happy leading a bunch of randoms but decided to deal with it.

Reading one of the quotes in pols saying he started the ally with him and his CO just for a laugh and didn't know allies would be randomly assigned. He deliberately wanted to lead, but only people he knew in real life. He didn't randomly get leadership; he just doesn't want to play with people he doesn't know IRL. Which seems a bit odd considering he's playing what is, at it's core, an online game which sort of precludes real personal relationships.

DarkSider said:
I didn't read each and every of his quotes but i'm inclined to believe frustration has a limit after dealing with so much sarcasm and superior tone from a regular member.

Of course sarcasm has a limit for the leader, but if you read even a fraction of what i posted, you'd easily have blown your lid and done exactly what i did. So would everyone who posted in this thread, regardless of what they appear to be saying.

DarkSider said:
When i play in an alliance i usually play for the leader. Probably alci is the same, but it's very hard to be obedient and follow a stranger through fire and flames without seeing what he's made of first.

I hate leading: unequivocal fact. I much prefer being led, but i like to be led by someone competent, reasonable and understanding.

DarkSider said:
In the same time the leader has too few days running this alliance of 9 strangers and it's hard to deal with everything including personal ego of each member.

He has run this ally 'many times' supposedly and achieved a top 11 finish in valuation. While that isn't easy, it also isn't extremely hard; but i was making useful suggestions to improve our communication and he stomped on me because he didn't like the tone he interpreted in my message and he got his hackles up, snapped at me; and i completely lost my temper at being told off by a total madman. None of you would have done it differently.

tobapopalos said:
The sarcasm only started after the leader made it quite clear that he was totally incompetent (omg you were a top ten alliance...when we only had 15 alliances in total). He strikes me as being a jumped-up little twerp with absolutely no idea what he is doing. Posting your mobs in the defence thread is pretty basic stuff, even if it's just to say "this inc is covered" or whatever.

Exactly, no one who posted in this thread would think differently. Especially since we don't use/have any other way to communicate quickly.

tobapopalos said:
He's been randomly dumped into this alliance and in an attempt to make the best of it he's given the leader a little advice, who has then flipped out and gone over to the dark side of sanity.

Sums up my feelings exactly.

tobapopalos said:
But on the other hand, it's only a mini-round. I think this thread only serves as a warning to the downsides of random alliances. I doubt Alci is the only person pissed off at being landed with a bunch of people he doesn't know or like.

My thread was designed to gripe about my alliance in particular which is, i hope, about as bad as it can get for a random ally to start off. It serves as a warning of how badly random allies can go wrong.

Lupus

Head Gardener

i found this whole thread pretty funny, i think that you were right alci but goading him/her (shim?..anyway) didn't help things even if u knew u were right ;). Glad that you and your CO have patched things up and i wish u smoother sailing from here on out!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Aye it's been sorted out. Any forum mod who deigns to peruse forums can probably lock this thread as nothing more can come from it. :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Loz said:

sad just sad. cyrus and bw too. not to mention alci's leader and co.

fun times.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

DarkSider said:
When i play in an alliance i usually play for the leader.

What most people forget though is that on the reverse, you should be leading FOR your players.
And as a leader, sometimes that's hard to remember ;(

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Loz said:
get alife Garrett u freak !

pot this is kettle, pot this is kettle, come in kettle, kettle are you there?!

Status
Not open for further replies.