Random Allies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
...are absolute *****. I'm now currently stuck with a leader/CO who are beyond insane, powerhungry to the core and absolutely thick as a brick. That's why i didn't want random allies as they are utter ****. You win some, you lost most. Bad ideas people, extremely bad ideas.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
Re: Random Allies...

there once was a boy called alcibiades
who cried like a baby on his knees
he got pee'd off by the simple things
but watches people laugh has he sings

he moans like a kid
or possibly an old bid
as none of us care
about his dispare

the rest of us used our brain
and got ourselves on the train
we didnt waste funds
or watch the suns
for days and days
poor poor alcibiades

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

A better idea would be to make it completely random, but everybody gets to vote the leader :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

That's actually half clever. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Kudos for effort tho...

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

10 minutes. and my break worked overtime as i suck at rhyming :(

Elle

Planter

You're sure that took 10 minutes? :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Cyrus, in all fairness, you'd have torn your hair out and been as infuriated as I am by my ally and the 'leadership'. Anyone who has played more than 25 minutes in their life and knows, to some degree, how to run an ally would be shocked at the unbelievably pigheaded, power wielding insanity. I'd post the PMs/Ally Pols logs here but he deleted all the pols posts :p and there are just too many mails to paste.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Should have joined my ally when I asked you a couple of days ago ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

yeah, i agree...my alliance is utter crap...im not overly bothered as i just wont be active anymore, was planning on playing pretty active but it doesnt seem worth it

nobody has made a single post on pols (other than me) and ive been the only one online pretty much the entire day

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

alci ive gone the wrong route. but i didnt restart or come on ehre and go AZZER WAHWAHWEEWAH CHANGE MY DEV so i dont see your point really.
you shouldnt have wasted your funds.

Souls

Official Helper

Maybe Cyrus is the leader :x-mas:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Cyrus said:
alci ive gone the wrong route. but i didnt restart or come on ehre and go AZZER WAHWAHWEEWAH CHANGE MY DEV so i dont see your point really.
you shouldnt have wasted your funds.

You don't see my point because you blatantly didn't read what i posted :| Amusingly enough, i didn't come on here and whine to Azzer to change my Dev. Are you sure we're both reading the same thread? :?

First off: This thread is about random allies, not about me wasting my funds. That was another thread, and that was posted in humour, because i accidentally bought 10 mill spikes instead of 1 mill and thought some people might get a laugh out of it. Also i felt it worth it (with that ID) to waste my funds on massive basics just to screw over a few idiots who bashed me then I deleted, and restarted today (24 hours after my previous ID deleted) literally 2-3 ticks after allies were sorted. So let's please not confuse the issue.

Secondly: I didn't ask Azzer to change my Dev either here or on IRC. The only thing I asked Azzer to do was in PM today on IRC where I asked him to sort out my starting cash for my new ID and to place me in an ally, which he duly did and for which i am grateful.

I didn't go the wrong route, I'm just pissed that there are random allies, and that they are locked. I don't particularly like random allies whatever the misguided reasoning behind them and the fact that random allies are then locked is beyond crazy. And consequently as a result of those two simple decisions, I am now stuck with an absolutely batshit crazy leader with a CO as well who, while not as bad, is certainly a bit twisted. It's not just me either, 8 other people have just had their round ruined. As a corollary to that argument, I now have no choice but to be utterly inactive, or delete. Which is a fun tournament, right? No, wrong.

No Souls, Cyrus isn't the leader. No one I know at all well in this game is this much of a control freak, this insane or this incompetent.

tyedyegoddess

Weeder

Haha, alci, hi, it's your CO.

We'd give him back posting privileges if he'd stop flaming people and making spam just to do it. If he'd stop impeding our abilities to lead with his demands for attention and that we run our alliance his way.

All I asked for was that the posting rules had been violated, he acknowledge to me he would act properly... he went on to flood politics with spam and post private conversations. It's rude, childish, and inappropriate, so his abilities to post in alliance politics have been removed until he agrees to abide by the rules.

Precisely how insane is that? Well, adulthood is insane. That's one thing the random alliances are terrible for... you have no idea what type of people you're getting. I wish people who wanted to run an alliance had just started their own.

And counterwise, alci, if you're willing to just agree to the rules set forth I'll let you post again. That's all we want. I'd have sent that to you privately if you hadn't either set me to ignore or set to friends only.

Mattheus

Head Gardener

Alci, post some logs of this persons antics. Have a heart and give us something to laugh about, don't let this thread die in vain!

tyedyegoddess

Weeder

Just so you know, CO's the one deleting your posts and there is nothing from me but "if you're going to act like a kindergarten student, I'll treat you like one". I couldn't even send you a message.

He did write some amusing spam stories to flood politics worth. 5 pages of 'em all in total.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Ask and ye shall receive Mattheus ;)

taken from Pols:

[hidden:romwfva1]Apparently there's been some confusion about the posting rules, so I'll clarify.

DO NOT post personal conversations.
DO NOT go off topic in threads.
DO be polite. If you can't you'll be removed from all politics you post.

I'm not kidding. I don't like intra-alliance war. I don't like b.s. and I don't like people acting like children. I will not put up with this, and I do have the ability to hang out on this freaking site all day deleting your spewings. If you don't want to be here, since we can't kick you, delete your id and start a new one.

I will repost the alliance politics when I get a confirmation from each person stating they will abide by these rules. This is so stupid, but if we're going to act like a kindergarten class, this alliance will be run like a kindergarten class. For heaven's sake, I couldn't even fulfill ikke's request of posting the alliance intel in one solid list in his post because I had to chase around insulting posts.

I can't do my job properly if you people make me chase you around.

Drop whatever's bugging you and let's start new. Send me that message, and you'll be allowed to post.

Politics are necessary. We need to know what's happening. So let's use it appropriately.

P.S. Warnings will be handed out in messages. If you are blocking messages, you'll be warned in politics. If you continue, since I can't communicate with you, I'll just block everything you write. Please let me know if you're blocking messages due to someone outside the alliance.[/hidden:romwfva1]

Now some of those rules are actually reasonable, if only they weren't accompanied with batshit crazy rules. The method of 'enforcing' said rules is hilarious tho.

PM with my leader:

[hidden:romwfva1]Private Sent by: Leader Sun 04th Jan, 2009. 20:27:57 GMT Reply Forward
Subject: re:
Besides you wanna talk sensible?
Total: 147,083,638 incoming hostile 37,000,000 incoming friendly
Isn't it quite obvious I don't have it?

Just sayin..
-----
well perhaps you would be better off doing sensible ****, like posting in Defense thread. otherwise WHY IS IT THERE? answer me that my oh so glorious leader.

Also since we've never played together as far as i'm aware, you'd do better to give players the benefit of the doubt. Just another 'suggestion' to add to your little book of leadership qualities okay?

And I only told you what to do because it's sensible, and as a leader for many rounds you should know it. It's not a big fuss, i didn't mean to kick up a huge affair, but if you'd just said 'yeah dude, good idea, let's make sure everyone does that' then it would've avoided this whole discussion and i wouldn't think you're a powerhungry fool.
-----
I know what I'm doing. I have commanded an alliance for quite a few rounds. My so called "authority"? I'm the alliance leader. So called or not If I choose to post or not to post the is again my business. I know we're supposed to have fun, yet I never, ever play with anyone I don't personally, physically know. I didn't pay enough attention to the news that Azzer posts to see he was gonna randomly fill the alliances otherwise I never would have started an alliance. Yet Ka_Tet is a previous top 10 portal Alliance and I don't wish to give the name over to someone else to run into the ground so I'm gonna stick with it. Yes I am hostile because in general I have discovered EVERYONE in bushtarion are pretty huge douche bags and have no honor, respect or idea of what a fun game is. Now I've been stuck with a bunch of people I don't know (one of which I have fought before and know to be a douche) and have to deal with it.

Reasonable or not I am not a fan of being told what to do, I'm sorry I bit your head off I'm just not happy about this whole situation.

In my experience people I don't know are backstabbing whiny brats on Bush and I have been screwed almost everytime I let a stranger in..

If your different cool, I accept their are exceptions to EVERY rule, if that's the case then i will happily change my attitude. Time will tell, ok?
-----
i don't have hacks or spies so i can't see what you sent. And since my suggestion was perfectly logical I don't see why you have to stomp on me with all your socalled 'authority'. My suggestion is reasonable, your reaction is not. Calm down dude, we're supposed to have fun :)
-----
I suggest you don't tell the alliance leader what to do. If I do or do not want to post in the defensive thread that's my business and your perfectly capable of seeing what I sent.
-----
i suggest you post your defensive mob in the 'Defense' thread. Mostly so that we don't overdefend/underdefend.[/hidden:romwfva1]

I should have answered that last message from him by saying i didn't have hacks or spies yet, which makes posting in Defense thread even more paramount.

Another glorious pols moment:

[hidden:romwfva1]From: Leader, 04th Jan, 21:25 Quote
See here I thought making sure the alliance has no chance in ever winning this tournament, assisting in monitoring the politics so no one can post and raising the alliance tax to 15% was noobish.. wait I just did that.. guess I am a N00b.

In the end get everyone you want to attack me, spam the hell out of politics and me.. do what you like, it won't change anything.

Despite not changing anything it will make the rest of the alliance suffer that little bit for your actions.

But it doesn't matter to you right?

Now post in IRC rush to the forums and do what you like, you have no chance of winning this tournament, until you decide to abide by Pastor's rules, and deal with my leadership. Improve your attitude and I will improve my leadership. Until then I can play the "who can be more childish" game.

May the best child win![/hidden:romwfva1]

Tye Dye Goddess: I only started spamming AFTER i was 'banned' from posting in Politics due to your ludicrous rules and that was intentionally done to spite you. here are the links of my favourite spampage (yes that's an intentional word from Spam/Rampage). You can't run an ally strictly by making rules and insisting upon having them followed simply because 'you are the Leader and CO'. In all honesty, you have to earn our respect to some degree and then i'll happily follow you. Also, reasonable and sane rules would be nice to follow. If you had felt it appropriate to treat me like an adult i would most certainly have reciprocated, as it stands, you brought out what is almost the worst in me.

http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spam3tc4.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spam2ye9.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spam1jp3.jpg

Mattheus: I'm afraid to say because of the rampant deletion of all threads in Pols that are not 'Officer Only' I can't give you some of the best and brightest quotes, but those above should be sufficient I think....

tyedyegoddess said:
All I asked for was that the posting rules had been violated, he acknowledge to me he would act properly...

No I didn't. I won't submit to idiocy.

tyedyegoddess said:
We'd give him back posting privileges if he'd stop flaming people and making spam just to do it. If he'd stop impeding our abilities to lead with his demands for attention and that we run our alliance his way.

Since you can't 'take away' posting privileges, I'm at a loss as to understanding what exactly it is you are threatening me with. I'm not impeding your abilities to lead, I was, initially, trying to help out but my help was turned down in the most ridiculous of manners so now i've gone out of my way to hand out our ID list to everyone i can, get people to attack us, and downright destroy the alliance. There wasn't a lot of flaming either, but of spam, there was an absolute ton. I'm not demanding attention, i was demanding basic alliance behaviour and if that is not 'your way' then so be it. You guys are the worst example of leaders I have ever had the misfortune to see.

Edit:
tyedyegoddess said:
Just so you know, CO's the one deleting your posts

Yes I'm aware of that actually. Surprisingly enough i've spent more than 30 seconds in an alliance as officers of all levels and OMFG even leader once. But thanks for the heads up pal. ;)

tyedyegoddess

Weeder

My rules: keep threads on topic. Opinions and gripes belong in chat. No flaming.

These were the rules you broke. They're the same in probably every alliance. Therefore, when you make new posts they get deleted. Also I request that for new threads you contact CO or leader first because for the most part everything should have its place. I'm sorry, I've spent rounds trying to reorganize stuff and put things where they belong and don't have the energy. But that's all I ask, they were reasonable rules and you broke them.

Also, I don't care what you've done before. This is not your alliance and will never be. Get over that.

You can whine all you want, but I didn't just decide to pick on you and start deleting your posts for my amusement. if you won't agree to abide by the rules, then you should just accept it now that you won't get to use politics and I'll just delete anything you write.

At first I was only deleting posts that violated the rules, until you continued doing so.

And as for impeding abilities to lead.... when an alliance member requests me to edit a post he made and I have to put that on hold to chase you around and stop the rest of the alliance from being subject to your immaturity. I can't properly run politics.

I've never had a problem like this in an alliance, and we've never had to kick anyone. Everyone abided by the rules, and we had to assign other stuff to me because I didn't have anything to do most of the time. But you just had to make my job a full-time one.

Status
Not open for further replies.