• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Petition: Don't take away the 'of'!

rooney

Head Gardener
Re: Petition: Don't take away the 'of'!

at the very least replace it with something, having to incorporate something into your name has always been a great part of bush, and tbh if you cba then just ignore it. or maybe every round give a theme for the names or say that you have to use the word 'xxx' in the middle etc. just something to make you thing. people complain about how many sex/toilet related names there are atm, just imagine it when there isnt even a restriction.

SadYear

Pruner

Good thing the 'of' is gonna be taken away. This will make the game look more professional, even if it means it'll lose a bit of his own past identity.

Seriously guys, how many games can you think of that force people to put something into their nick. ? :roll:

Of course people aren't going to try and be as imaginative as before, but does it really matter when it's supposed to prevent newbies on the verge of registering into the game from hitting ALT+F4 ? Isn't it what you/we were all asking for ? :?

Souls

Official Helper

I start a movement to change the 'of' to [Owner Name], 'metaphorically a part of' [Company Name].

Garrett

Landscape Designer

'of' is not used at all in the portal rankings.

jeebus. everyone complains about everything. glad it's gone.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

TheNamelessWonder said:
nopjes said:
Cyrus said:
all i can say is 1k players 15 signs? :p

point proven.

all i can say is 16 signs and 3 people that disagree, point proven.

:winner:

its already going so you need more than 16 folk to disagree ;) keep working on it though.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I don't like change for the sake of change. period. This is exactly that. And the petition is to enlist those who think this change is silly. so far we're 'winning' although it really isn't a competition, more of a manner of letting Azzer know that some players disapprove of his decision. Knowing Azzer I imagine it'll be made optional which would be a 'nice' balance between options much as I disapprove. :(

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

lol i dont get what you mean by optional, ofc its optional, you either put of in your name or not.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Then you obviously get what i mean by optional :eek:

I'm just saying I think he'll choose your side; if you want to put of in your name you can, if you don't want to then the 'option' is also there. Azzer has a record of pleasing the majority as much as possible. This is another example of it, presumably.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Of all the unOFfensive things OFfered on bushtarion OF is one OF the worst things to OFfer to be removed. How OFten though do petitions get listened to and instead just OF'd and ignored.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

i read the first page only, didn't know there were any other dissenters... but my understanding is that he was trying to simplify the naming scheme not to just change for changing sake.

if all of you are seriously that attached to 'of', as your attorney, i advise you to drink more.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

The "of" in people's names is a 30 rounds tradition. Removing it will not improve gameplay in any way and I believe Bushtarion will lose a tiny part of its charm.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

no one from the outside looking at portal will know that 'of' is there. it's just not included.

seriously drinks are on me. i'll buy the first and last round.

rawr

Weeder

Tbf, Im gonna Sign it. But if it does get immplemented im still going to use of in my name.
cause im old school ;)