Remove the no, no recalling!

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
If we gonna have to play this for 38 days, we need to be able to recall!

This is *****!

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Re: Remove the no, no recalling!

I second that.

Even if we're playing for a week it'll be ****.

So enable recalling again!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

since this round should be about having fun, i like the idea. saves me having to monitor any sort of attack, just click send and go off for 40 minutes :)

Satureum

Pruner

Alcibiades said:
since this round should be about having fun, i like the idea. saves me having to monitor any sort of attack, just click send and go off for 40 minutes :)

Screw the losses, eh? Got another 9 routes worth of units to buy.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades said:

fun?

mcdonagg

Digger

I love the idea but maybe we should allow recalling for defending troops so if you are sending last tick defense you dont have to wait around, I guess its not a big deal but just a thought

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

cant believe how late the round is starting now...bad times

dafe

Harvester

no recalling sux for both attack and defence in my eyes so i definately vote for turning it back on

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Can't say the no recall have impacted me much. it does make for different tactical choices, but since when have that been a bad thing??

Kariko

Planter

Specially on christmas :x-mas: people have busy schedules on the one day of the year where we should be away from computers.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

I have a question, has anybody tried planting stuf with no gardeners at home yet?, i did that on my first tick (first thing i did was attack a bot with my 100t wheelies and sent everything else as flac) and then i noticed i didnt get any seeds to sell, wtf?

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

First of all no recall can't run in the same time with ar enabled.
And second i think the defensive abilities given by 50 man allies are so big that it will make attacking not fun at all :p I can't predict the future but i'd say it would suck if you send a 5 man/tick attack which already gives crap gains and then you get defended by 20 players and can't recall.
No recall option should run imo exclusively in solo pw's or very low members/alliance and always with ar disabled or nonlethal.

Jimbo2189

Pruner

its not like this round counts for anything so i say keep it, we are going to see some fabulous BRs :shock:

timtadams

Landscape Designer

yeah, remove it please Azzer

DS covered it i think, both defence and offence will be smegged up in my opinion, especially since heaps of people will be allied, and then if solo, you cant recall if you trigger

I just sent an attack on a bot (not something i usually do, but they are soooo fat :p ) and I was totally gobsmacked when I triggered SAS! WTF, and then i had to endure two more ticks of it. And i didnt even trigger it, all i sent was a flak attack with about 1m gardies to a bot on my rankings page :bad-words: And i triggered because there was obviously someone else attacking with something like privates :mad:

I know you could say, oh yeah, its a bit of fun like Alci, and i sorta thought that at first, but now i realise how messed up it will be. the chances of being zeroed are very high if you are attacking alone, and then trying to organise defence for a 20 man alliance is hard enough for 5 min ticks, let alone an alliance of 50! and when someone gets inc from like a whole alliance of 20 people and you try and defend that, with not enough people, and some people afk, people who forget to rush and others who just miss it, then everyone who does send including the target get smegged up.

Oh and what about this situation. 20 ally members send at a target, everyone defends, and then the attackers send a real mob just only about 2-7 ticks later (or something like that) at a different target and noone can defend cause all their troops are out. OK this is silly cause they shouldnt send all their troops, blah blah, but this is a simplified example. You get the picture, your ally sends out defence and cant recall in time for real mobs. The whole thing is messed up.

I dont mind the AR, but as long as Azzer removes the no recalling. Cause that would really mess people up, not being able to recall from SAS

And Jimbo, i dont think people are worried about rank, ect, it is the fact that when you try hard to grow, and then you get zeroed in smegged up situations which couldve easily been avoided, its all for nothing, you wasted your time ect. I know that i couldnt give a hoot about stats and coming first, but i am still against the no recalling as the potential for getting zeroed is just way too high.

And im not sure about those BRs you mention. I doubt that it could get anywhere near the size of last round as people are going to be getting zeroed all the time, which will result in everyone having smaller armies. And i think people will be less likely to attack others as they will be worried about defence.

And IoF, think you could add a pole? and allow revoting, cause i bet many people will have their minds changed :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

there is a fine line between suggesting tweaks/enhancements and whining to get the game changed to your comfort level.

this thread falls in the whining category along with everyone who agrees with it.

it's not a regular round. it's (some) private world settings on the public world. instead of adapting to the style of play and finding fun in the new environment - everyone is rushing around trying to play like it's world 1 and caring so hard about this that and the other thing.

the lot of you take 2 steps back, breathe and then ask yourself:

is this a game? (if your answer is no, set your ID to delete)
does this count towards anything? (if your answer is yes, set your ID to delete)
can I have fun with this, especially since it's not going to last the full time allotted? (if your answer is no, set your ID to delete)
can I possibly play this game in any facet without crying? (again if answer is no, set your ID to delete)
am I thankful azzer is letting us play around? (if your answer is no, set your ID to delete)

just some things for you all to reconsider. why do you care so much about organizing for something that isn't going to reach completion and doesn't count for anything... I fully believe the playerbase has gone retarded over the holiday.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

there's also a fine line between fact and your opinion ;-)

and this fall under your opinion garret :p

:x-mas:

Kariko

Planter

Jimbo2189 said:
its not like this round counts for anything so i say keep it, we are going to see some fabulous BRs :shock:

Hope so! Does it not count towards portal?
"a snapshot of the rankings will be taken for this round for the portal page."